Hug Me by Coca Cola at NUS outside LT14
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 29, 2012
The Coca-Cola Company and Ogilvy & Mather have created the 'Cola-Cola Hug Machine' to bring doses of happiness into the lives of people anywhere and everywhere. This regional initiative, which is part of "Open Happiness", The Coca-Cola Company's global marketing campaign, started in Singapore.
People were pleasantly surprised to see a regular-looking Coca-Cola vending machine, with the words "hug me" in large letters on the front. Those bold enough to embrace the machine were rewarded with cans of ice-cold Coca-Cola and left with huge smiles on their faces.
"Happiness is contagious. The Coca-Cola Hug Machine is a simple idea to spread some happiness," explained Leonardo O'Grady, ASEAN IMC Director, The Coca-Cola Company. "Our strategy is to deliver doses of happiness in an unexpected, innovative way to engage not only the people present, but the audience at large.
"Whether you were hugging the machine or experiencing the event online, our goal was the same - to put a smile on your face and share that emotional connection. Reactions were amazing... people really had fun with it and at one point we had four to five people hugging the machine at the same time as well as each other! In fact, there was a long line of people looking to give hugs -- it was really heartwarming. "
"Open Happiness," a global creative campaign launched in 2009, invites people around the world to bring positivity, optimism and fun into their lives. At the core of the campaign the message is for consumers to open a Coke and share a little happiness.
"We're excited to work with The Coca-Cola Company in delivering what is really a very simple idea. All you need to do is give the Coca-Cola Hug Machine a hug and it will love you back, by giving you a free Coke. Something simple and engaging, that lifts people's spirits and brings a smile to their face," explained Louise Kuegler, Regional Business Director at Ogilvy & Mather Asia Pacific.
Online platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and even blogs were abuzz with videos and updates of the "Coca-Cola Hug Machine" on the same day.
With the success of the Coca-Cola Hug Machine in Singapore, there are now plans to roll it out across Asia to bring the same happiness to consumers from other countries.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:00 Coca-Cola "Interactive Happiness Machine" Comes to Tokyoby mrrocketnewsFeatured 35,108
- 4:16 The University of Tennessee Coca-Cola Happiness Vending Machineby UTK CampusStores 71,974 views
- 1:45 Guerrilla Marketing - Coca-Cola Dancing Vending Machineby cguerrillamblog 19,101 views
- 0:42 How to Chill A Coke In just a second!!by The Super Effect 22,444,152 views
- 1:32 The worst cheap shot you'll ever see in baseball (With Slo-Mo)by John Presciutti 3,340,396 views
- 1:01 Hug Me Coca-Cola machineby didyouknowclips 3,067 views
- 1:53 Coca-Cola Happiness Machine Osloby CocaColaNorge 23,253 views
- 2:15 Playing coin dozerby icesmileliping 551,093 views
- 0:59 A little AA battery trick they don't want you to know...by donhome2 8,673,714 views
- 10:59 Caine's Arcadeby nirvan 3,733,146 views
- 17:03 Teacher/Bully: How My Son Was Humiliated and Tormented by his Teacher and Aideby Stuart Chaifetz 4,796,881 views
- 6:31 Old Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Eraby ncaavideos2 6,819,808 views
- 4:56 The Ohio Union Coca Cola Vending Machine 11/08/2010by TheOhioUnion 70,480 views
- 3:22 Coca-Cola / Coke Hug Me Machine / Interactive Happiness Machineby Dean Maney 3,398 views
- 3:07 Coca-Cola happiness machine spreads joy at Kansas Unionby LJWorldLawrence 68,246 views
- 2:05 Coca-Cola Singapore Recycle Happiness Machineby cocacola 24,561 views
- 2:48 Zorro Kills Thief in Lecture Prank (with Mariachi Band), University of Michiganby 412Nathan 3,135,149 views
- 0:21 How to get free soda from newer vending machines!by badnewsco 62,159 views
- 5:36 Flash Mob at NUS Arts Deck Canteenby The D.R.I.M. 9,514 views
- 1:16 Human Powered Vending Machineby activatedrinks 2,818 views
- Loading more suggestions...