Uploaded on Jan 25, 2009
Learn about EV technology: http://www.electric-vehiclenews.com/
Worlds fastest street legal ELECTRIC CAR 1972 Datsun 1200 Whtie Zombie.
This car is based in Oregon... there are something like 18 hydro electric power plants in that state! Hydro generation accounts for 58% of all electricity in Oregon (Over 70% in Washington) and coal accounts for less than 7%.
Only about 15% of the energy from the fuel you put in your tank gets used to move your car down the road or run useful accessories, such as air conditioning. The rest of the energy is lost to engine and driveline inefficiencies and idling. Therefore, the potential to improve fuel efficiency with advanced technologies is enormous. With an Electric Car it costs just $1.00 per 100kms with MUCH more performance than with petrol at $20.00 per 100kms.
EVs use between 1/6th and 1/10th the energy of a comparable ICE powered car.
Datsun 1200 EV Specs:
- Motor - Hi Torque Electric 'Siamese 8' Series Wound DC Dual Armature 8 inch
- Controller - Zilla Z2K EHV 2000 Amp
- Battery - 60x 16 Ah Hawker Enersys 'Genesis' Lead-Acid 360 Volts
- Final Drive ratio - 4.11 : 1
- Weight - 2,450 Pounds (1,113 Kilograms)
Standard YouTube License