How to French Braid
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 31, 2010
Watch more Haircuts & Hair Styling videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/367-Hai...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Change your look with this stylish braid.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Brush hair
Brush your hair until it's free of tangles.
Step 2: Separate into three sections
Separate the hair on the top of your head into three sections.
Step 3: Cross hair
Cross the right section over the middle section, and then cross the left section over the middle section, as you would with a regular braid.
Step 4: Add hair
Gather another small section of hair from the right side of your head into the right-hand section, and cross it over the middle section.
Keep the braid tight by pulling hair sections and keeping your hands close to the head.
Step 5: Add more hair
Add a small section of hair from the left side of your head into the left-hand section, and cross it over the middle section.
While gathering more hair with one hand, keep the three sections in your other hand.
Step 6: Repeat
Repeat, adding small sections one by one, until you have gathered all the hair into the braid.
Step 7: Finish braid
Once you reach the nape of the neck, finish braiding the length of the hair.
Step 8: Fasten
Fasten the end of the braid with a decorative band. Spray it with hairspray and show it off.
Did You Know?
Did you know? The London cast of Hairspray the musical used approximately 80 cans of hairspray a week.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:47 THE CLASSIC FRENCH BRAIDby beautydeptFeatured 3,943,306
- 2:22 How to Make a Hair Wrapby Howcast 220,312 views
- 2:06 How To Grow Your Hair Fasterby Howcast 1,702,674 views
- 1:43 How To Style Bangsby Howcast 206,073 views
- 1:10 How To Create a Triple Braidby Howcast 97,194 views
- 8:06 How to do a Daisy Chain/Knotted Braid Videoby shaunellshair 760,568 views
- 4:55 AMIClubwear : How to Walk in Heelsby amiclubwear 3,031,948 views
- 4:55 How to french braid your own hair in one partby lalastar0002 423,405 views
- 8:21 How I Whiten My Teeth At Homeby lizlizlive 8,778,157 views
- 4:44 Retro Curls Step-by-Step With a John Frieda® haircare expertby JohnFriedaUK 621,718 views
- 9:53 Waterfall Braid Combo | Cute Girls Hairstylesby Cute Girls Hairstyles 1,384,480 views
- 14:38 Recogido con bucles-pedido Virginiaby ilestimakeup 2,876,100 views
- 7:38 How To Braid A Horse's Maneby VideoJug 313,460 views
- 5:46 Lauren Conrad Side Braid Hairby Claire Ashley 6,713,176 views
- 2:02 Waterfall Braid (Self) | Cute Girls Hairstylesby Cute Girls Hairstyles 20,983,364 views
- 6:20 4 Stranded bunby CinnamonCurls 1,855,930 views
- 2:43 How To Do A French Braid For Medium Length Hairby MissJuliaBeauty 236,731 views
- 5:02 How to French Braidby shaunellshair 1,581,244 views
- 2:00 Get Longer, Silkier, Stronger Hairby belasspirit 458,625 views
- 7:59 How to Straighten thick hair in 15 mins! without a flat iron!by Mariam Monroe 301,051 views
- Loading more suggestions...