I Know Who Has A Pre-production Canon 5D Mark III
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 16, 2011
I ran across a very interesting iPhone app while doing a search for Canon. Judging from the lack of comments and a price of $6.99 I would say I'm the first to download it. Why is it so interesting? Two reasons it is made by Canon and the name of the app. It is called "Mark III Finder".
With a name like that, I had to download it. My guess is Canon's marketing team has gotten creative here in an effort to help build interest with their soon to be released flagship camera.
Now this is where it gets really intriguing, I have just loaded it after agreeing to bunch of legal terms which I didn't read, and I get this screen with just 4 names. Now I haven't tried it yet, I wanted you guys to experience it with me.
First name on the list is Chase Jarvis. To me Chase is a long shot since I think he is a Nikon shooter, but he has had pre-production cameras before.
Let's see what it says, and oh I am not sure what this pause button does...[watch the video].
Chase Jarvis, Shane Hurlbut, Philip Bloom and Vincent LaForet have awesome blogs, if you are not already following these industry leaders you should definitely start soon.
I sent all of them emails days before I released this video to see if it was OK to use their footage and I enjoyed Philip Bloom's response of, "Nice job Dave! Toilet is other way...".
Thanks also to Stephen Niebauer who is on staff at Vimeo for the clip of Vincent.
Thanks also to Freddie Wong for the YouTube Hackers video as inspiration to for this video.
Thanks to Premiumbeats.com for the music in this video.
I wanted to learn how to use After Effects and this was a fun project to learn on. Also I would like to thank Andrew Kramer from Video CoPilot for all his great After Effects Tutorials! This is my first After Effects project I have done.
It's my guess that Canon will announce the new 5D Mark III on Oct. 26 in NYC. Or perhaps Canon will release it at the Hollywood effect on Nov. 3.
Standard YouTube License
- 11:12 My Lighting Setup for My DSLR Videosby Dave DugdaleFeatured 23,624
- 3:28 A Story of Canon 70-200mm Lens Envy and Muddy Shadowsby Dave Dugdale 17,303 views
- 4:59 Small LED Light Panel Showdownby Dave Dugdale 75,440 views
- 9:02 Tokina 11-16mm Reviewby Dave Dugdale 167,304 views
- 14:05 Pro DSLR + Cheap Lens VS Cheap DSLR + Pro Lensby GET YOUR GEAR OUT! 115,591 views
- 7:51 How-to: Powerful DIY video light (800 watt equivalent)by Indy Mogul 161,159 views
- 8:57 How Many Mega Pixels Do I Need?by photouniverse 7,564 views
- 5:11 Really Cheap Video Lightingby Curtis Judd 127,141 views
- 3:58 Low Budget Film Lightingby matttchapman 37,517 views
- 0:38 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Commercialby Dominik Wörner 398,997 views
- 29:15 Full frame shoot out: D4 vs D800 vs 5DmkIIIby Philip Bloom's Channel 176,534 views
- 6:30 Cheap Halogen Work Lights vs Expensive Fluorescent for DSLR Videoby Dave Dugdale 34,639 views
- 18:49 Canon 5D Mark III vs Nikon D800 Comparisonby Dave Dugdale 586,651 views
- 5:29 Canon 5D mkII vs The Canon T2iby Dave Dugdale 226,475 views
- 5:52 Canon 5D Mark III - Features I Hope They Include at The Announcementby Dave Dugdale 29,827 views
- 4:21 Minimum Computer Requirements to Edit DSLR Video with NLEby Dave Dugdale 16,665 views
- 3:30 5D Mark III Hands on (Official)by saangpaab 32,249 views
- 15:46 Dave Gets a RED Epic Tutorial Before Shooting an Interviewby Dave Dugdale 55,471 views
- 3:03 DIY Camera Slider Under $50by Xiong VFX 157,378 views
- 10:31 How to Choose a Lens for a DSLRby Ultimate PhotoGuide 307,341 views
- Loading more suggestions...