Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, Warren Haynes - "I'd Rather Go Blind" - at the White House 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 9, 2012
Red White and Blues, at the White House 2012.
I'd Rather Go Blind (written by Ellington Jordan and Billy Foster) . Tribute to the late Etta James (Jan. 25, 1938 -- Jan. 20, 2012).
Derek Trucks, blues/blues-rock guitarist , born Jun 8, 1979 in Jacksonville, FL, is the nephew of longtime Allman Brothers drummer Butch Trucks. He displays a command of slide guitar styles running the gamut from blues to classic R&B and early rock & roll to classic jazz. Although blues players like Buddy Guy, Elmore James, and Duane Allman have been a strong influence on Trucks' slide guitar playing, so have pre-'70s jazz players like John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, and Sun Ra. Trucks began playing guitar when he was nine, and shared stages and sat in with the likes of Buddy Guy and the Allman Brothers Band by the time he was 12.
In 1997 he formed The Derek Trucks Band, with whom he won a GRAMMY Award in 2010. Today, in addition to touring with The Allman Brothers Band, Trucks co-leads Tedeschi Trucks Band with his wife, Susan Tedeschi. Ranked as #16 in Rolling Stone's recent poll of the 100 Greatest Guitarists.
Susan Tedeschi, born on November 9, 1970, in Boston, Massachusetts. Tedeschi has opening for John Mellencamp, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, The Allman Brothers Band, Taj Mahal and Bob Dylan. In 2000, Just Won't Burn reached Gold record status for sales of 500,000 in the United States, rare for a blues production. She recorded two tracks with Double Trouble band members Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon for their album. She opened for The Rolling Stones in 2003.
Susan Tedeschi's voice has been described as a blend of Bonnie Raitt and Janis Joplin, not surprising given that both have been her influences. Her guitar playing is influenced by Buddy Guy, Johnny "Guitar" Watson, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Freddie King and Doyle Bramhall II.
2000 Grammy nomination for Best New Artist
2003 Grammy nomination for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance
2004 Grammy nomination for Best Contemporary Blues Album for Wait For Me
2006 Grammy nomination for Best Contemporary Blues Album for Hope and Desire
2010 Grammy nomination for Best Contemporary Blues Album for Back to the River
2012 Grammy nomination for and WON Best Blues Album for Revelator (Tedeschi Trucks Band album).
Warren Haynes, born in Asheville, North Carolina on April 9, 1960,
A powerhouse singer and guitarist, North Carolina-native and GRAMMY Award-winner Haynes earned his reputation as a member of three of the greatest live groups in rock history: The Allman Brothers Band, The Dead and his own Gov't Mule. ~Blues greats Freddie King and B.B. King were both early influences on Haynes, who has a dynamic gravel-and-honey voice and a guitar universe that encompasses rock, soul, R&B and jazz. ~Haynes is also a major supporter of Habitat for Humanity, for which he organizes his annual "Christmas Jam" benefit, now in its 23rd year.
He is ranked number #23 on Rolling Stone magazine's 100 Greatest Guitarists of all time.
Booker T. Jones ( musical director/band leader), Bobby Avila (bass), Jesse Johnson (guitar), Narada Michael Walden (drums), Ernie Fields, Jr. (saxophone), Freddie Hendrix (trumpet) and Fred Wesley (trombone).
Taped on February 21, 2012.
Standard YouTube License
- 48 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi, Warren Haynes - "I'd Rather Go Blind" - at the White House 2012
- 4:02 Tedeschi Trucks Band - Part of Me (acoustic)by TedeschiTrucksVEVO Featured 66,931
- 1:45:46 Tedeschi Trucks Band - Red Rocks Amphitheater 8 30 12by Whoaduderighteous83,176 views
- 9:08 B.B. King, Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi - Rock Me Baby (Live at Royal Albert Hall)by ShoutFactoryMusic74,958 views
- 8:00 Tedeschi Trucks Band - "Midnight in Harlem" (eTown web exclusive)by eTown162,497 views
- 7:44 Tedeschi Trucks Band - Angel From Montgomery/Sugareeby TTBFromTheRoad243,801 views
- 4:25 SANTANA ( feat. Susan Tedeschi & Derek Trucks) - Make Somebody Happy  (dlz)by Deddy Lazuardhi68,557 views
- 11:19 The Allman Brothers- MIDNIGHT RIDER & SOULSHINE - Live at the Beacon Theatre (2003)by 07smyle509,068 views
- 13:31 ERIC CLAPTON at the White House for the concert of the century 23rd oct 1999by eccollector211,997 views
- 9:36 Allman Brothers, "Into The Mystic," 12/3/2011by harris kaplan344,675 views
- 6:52 Beth Hart & Jeff Beck - I'd Rather Go Blind (Kennedy Center Honors 2012)by Beth Hart803,701 views
- 6:30 Gregg Allman - Come And Go Bluesby audioglass1,182,937 views
- 14:10 Cream "White Room/Crossroads/Badge" Live-2005by AZLiveVideo480,990 views
- 5:25 Joe Bonamassa, Dusty Hill, Derek Trucks and Billy Gibbons Induction Freddie King HDby Siddious0410,568 views
- 11:01 Allman Brothers, "The Sky Is Crying," 12/3/2011by harris kaplan732,806 views
- 9:12 Sweet Home Chicago with the White House All Starsby susea40,408 views
- 11:26 Warren Haynes with Joe Bonamassa -- Guitar Center's King of the Blues 2011by Guitar Center585,637 views
- 9:49 Tedeschi Trucks Band - Darling Be Home Soonby TedeschiTrucksVEVO269,827 views
- 10:12 Johnny Winter Blues Lessonby Eugene Bakman453,248 views
- 1:30:49 Tedeschi Trucks Band 6/3/12 Mt. Jam 2012by yosull1211,002 views
- 3:09 Derek Trucks Susan Tedeschi acoustic performance "Rollin and Tumblin" at the White House (HD)by Jonathan Kutsmeda229,082 views
- Loading more suggestions...