Town Meeting 12 12 12
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 14, 2012
Clinton Connecticut Town Meeting December 12, 2012. Willie Fritz is elected moderator. Resolution to accept a $20,000 matching grant for historic preservation passes unanimously, contrary to false rumors circulated by Peter Niles that the Clinton Taxpayers Association was planning to attend to vote against it. Preposterous!
Willie Fritz, Clinton's First Selectman serving as moderator autocratically participates in the discussion even after it is pointed out that under parliamentary rules a moderator should step down if he or she wishes to participate in discussion rather than moderate.
The second resolution is flawed in that it proposes to purchase property for the purpose of building a school on the site without indicating any price.
It is also for the purpose of buying property that includes a home built in 1800 on the farm of Minuteman, David LeBarron, who answered the call to the Lexington Alarm in 1775 and was present to hear the shot heard 'round the world. His family owned this home until 1943 when David's great grandson, Newton, sold it to Carl Swan. Jerry Vece, Chair of the Morgan Building Committee and proprietor of Shoreline Appliance, has stated publicly that demolition of the building is an option. See YouTube video http://youtu.be/wcOOWz4K8F4 The former revolution's unanimous is evidence of how counter culture that option is to a town that reveres and cherishes the legacy of its historic homes.
Likewise, even the biggest proponents of this new school,(including Valarie Nye, a New Morgan New Future organizer) voice concerns about differences in what they were sold and what they are now getting. Bate and switch may be a sound strategy for selling kitchen appliances, but it is severely flawed for a $64.75 million school. To see what was originally sold and what is now being proposed and the alarmed reactions see YouTube at: http://youtu.be/VqkwmawhZpk
Standard YouTube License
- 2:17:03 Ian Freeman's DMV Administrative Hearing [ENHANCED AUDIO] - Jul 26, 2013 [KOPIMI]by CalvDeWitt3,691 views
- 2:35:00 Ashfield MA Annual Town Meeting May 4 2013 amby Brian Clark99 views
- 14:23 Town Meetingby Drane Owens752 views
- 2:49:06 MSBC is anyone listening 12 11 12 12 18 12by keybloke86 views
- 55:16 Rising Sun Town Meeting 8-28-2012 (video 1)by Vincent Sammons110 views
- 53:37 Gun Rights vs Gun Control Seattle Town Hall Meeting Jun 18th 2012 (1/2)by Justin Brown329 views
- 1:28:29 Board of Selectmen Meeting - June 24, 2013by Millville Massachusetts213 views
- 2:30:23 Merrimac Special & Annual Town Meeting 4/29/13by MerrimacTV63 views
- 1:30:48 Sobrevivientes de los Andesby Agendaconfidencial47,185 views
- 1:00:13 MSBC Newman Public 12 11 12 Bait and Switchby keybloke102 views
- 1:18:19 CTA Morgan School Task Force 3 21 12 With Slidesby keybloke148 views
- 14:55 CITIZENS HEARING ON GFL/AGC DISCLOSURE 2013 - Part 1 of 3by MassLandings20123,179 views
- 1:45:41 MSBC to BOS BOF BOE 2 29 12-Mpeg-4.mp4by keybloke78 views
- 32:30 BOS Morgan Decision March 7, 2012by keybloke124 views
- 1:14:01 Town Meeting in Homer To Discuss Disbanding the Police Dept. Feb 2013by HomerMessenger662 views
- 10:11 Power Of Drawing State From WIthin And Being Carefreeby rsdfreetour47,377 views
- 1:06:25 Morgan School Committee 2 22 12.movby keybloke126 views
- 31:58 Cumberland Council Meeting 04 09 2013 (1)by Lenarue40 views
- 1:17:24 Selectmen - 07-15-2010by Acton Public Access Television23 views
- 29:01 ernie wayne ter telgte (tertelgte) before Three Forks Justice Court hearing - What your NAME meansby K Wolf23,965 views
- Loading more suggestions...