2012 IBA BOX PRO - Round 2 and 3 Highlights
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 29, 2012
MUSIC // Edseven 'Too Much Talk'
IBA 2012 Box Pro
Event 2 of 8, Mens Grand Slam Series
The Box, Margaret River, Western Australia
March 26 - April 4
The Box, Western Australia (Thursday, 29th Mach 2012) Round 2 and 3 of the 2012 IBA Box Pro ran to completion in barreling 2-3 meter waves. With brisk offshore winds in the early morning, riders took advantage of the clean barrels over the shallow reef. Only the last three of todays 12 heats experienced light onshore winds, making it ideal for big arial manouvres.
South Africa's Mark McCarthy was a man on fire today, scoring an impressive 18.55 heat total by picking off the biigger sets and driving through two unbelievably deep barrels. Only catching four waves in in his Round 3 heat, all of which scored higher than 7.75 out of 10, McCarthy would have won any heat of the day, using any two of his scores as counting waves.
Jared Houston's Round 3 performance had his fellow competitors and spectators on the edge of their seats, with what people are calling the biggest air of the event. Houston made his intentions clear, drawing a clean line off the bottom, hitting the end-bowl and taking to the sky with a massive full body invert, but just coming unstuck on the landing.
Other heat winners included local boys, Ryan Hardy (AUS/Margaret River), 17 year old Lewy Finnegan (AUS/Mandurah) and East Coasters Andrew Lester (AUS/Cronulla), Ben Player (AUS/Avalon) and Michael Novy (AUS/Copacabana) who will join the remaining final 16 riders in the "Non Elimination" Round 4, scheduled for a possible start at 7:30 am tomorrow. With nobody getting knocked out of the event in this round, riders will be going all out, knowing they have nothing to loose.
If you missed out on last years Box Pro, thanks to iinet check out the 2011 Box Pro Documentary and the crazy conditions the riders had to tackle.
Event organisers are looking are calling a 7am check in for the "Non Elimination" Round 4 expected to be an action packed as the top 16 take advantage of the rampy conditions.
Caracas: 21H00 (29th March)
Cape Town: 02h00
Honolulu: 14h00 (29th March)
Los Angeles: 17h00 (29th March)
New York: 20h00 (29th March)
Rio de Janeiro: 21h00 (29th March)
Standard YouTube License
Next in 2012 IBA BOX PRO
- 37:10 GoPro HD: James Stewart Moto 2 - Hangtown MX Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship 2012by GoProMX Featured 123,790
- 52:34 2012 IBA Pipe Challenge Mens Finalby IBA World Tour89,169 views
- 7:44 2012 IBA BOX PRO - Final Day Highlightsby IBA World Tour45,975 views
- 40:56 Heat 3 - 2012 IBA Box Proby IBA World Tour2,513 views
- 19:14 RAW FOOTAGE!!! Teahupoo 2013 HD!by TheFilthyFredFuchs46,052 views
- 15:24 Ryan Hardy, Andrew Lester and Sacha Specker visit Rapa Nui - 2012by rapanuisurfing3,351 views
- 11:34 Skimboarders at the Wedge Newport Beachby fleaboyz97,844 views
- 32:26 IN-BETWEEN Full movie. Bodyboarding, Surfing, Travel and Adventure.by Kim Feast102,053 views
- 14:16 A Surfing Meditation at The Box Western Australiaby Jay Davies3,481 views
- 33:03 Final - 2012 IBA Box Proby IBA World Tour4,020 views
- 6:32 IBA Bodyboarding THE ARICA CHILEAN CHALLENGE - FINAL DAYby IBA World Tour91,552 views
- 6:44 IBA 2011 NMD, Pride, Stealth Fronton Pro - Round 4 Highlightsby IBA World Tour57,102 views
- 6:25 IBA Bodyboarding The AGIT/TURBO ZICATELA PRO 2011 - FINAL DAYby IBA World Tour173,546 views
- 7:28 2012 IBA TURBO ZICATELA PRO - Final Dayby IBA World Tour45,962 views
- 6:40 2012 ITACOATIARA PRO - Highlights Day 4by IBA World Tour50,504 views
- 5:55:33 2012 IBA Box Proby IBA World Tour7,294 views
- 43:45 Heat 1 - 2012 IBA Box Proby IBA World Tour4,398 views
- 2:55 2012 IBA BOX PRO - Trials Day2by IBA World Tour7,480 views
- 29:52 2012 IBA Pipeline Challenge Men Semi FInal 1by IBA World Tour3,863 views