Dean's Convocation: Conan Grames
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 14, 2013
Conan P. Grames is the managing partner in an international law and consulting practice which specializes in pharmaceuticals, biotech and other high tech industries. He was a partner at Hunton & Williams LLP in Washington, DC, in the firm's Food and Drug Practice Group. Grames made the move to Washington to serve as General Counsel at the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), the trade association that represents the world's leading pharmaceutical research and biotechnology companies. At PhRMA, Mr. Grames provided legal direction and analysis to PhRMA member companies on international, scientific, regulatory, intellectual property, and other biopharmaceutical issues.
Prior to joining PhRMA, Grames was chair of the International Section of the Salt Lake City law firm of Kirton & McConkie, where he established that firm's Health Sciences Practice Group. Earlier in his career, Mr. Grames was Vice President & Senior Counsel (International) for the Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, where he led the International Law Department and was responsible for all of the legal work for the company's $7 billion international business. Mr. Grames began his career at the law firm of Baker & McKenzie where he became a worldwide partner, based in the Tokyo office. He is a graduate of the University of Utah and Harvard Law School. He has lived and worked in Japan for 18 years and is fluent in Japanese.
From 2010 to 2012, Grames and his wife served in Japan as volunteers for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints where they directed public affairs in the Asia North Area (Japan, Korea, Guam, and Micronesia). In that capacity, they were intimately involved with the emergency relief and humanitarian recovery effort following the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. They presided over the Sendai Mission of the Church from 1999-2002. They just celebrated 40 years of marriage and have six children and nine grandchildren.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:29:37 Blue Apples (Stargate 2012 Wormholes) by William Henry (1)by Ra Ka Isha Guardian26,893 views
- 1:56:27 Masterskill Global College (MGC) Convocation 2013 - Session 3 Part 1by Masterskill Asia475 views
- 35:15 Bishop Carlis L Moody "The Acid Test of Salvation" 106th Holy Convocation COGICby CogicisLive3,721 views
- 6:47 CityLawLIVE - Application adviceby LawCareersNet639 views
- 5:11 CityLawLIVE - Life in the Cityby LawCareersNet228 views
- 15:07 COGIC 106th Holy Convocation 2013 - C.H. Mason Memorial Choir "Call Him Up/Praise Break"by gospellvr15,781 views
- 58:34 The Game Changers Lecture Series- Wall Street-Taking Stock, Looking Aheadby Foreign Policy Association6,905 views
- 55:54 Dean's Convocation: Ezekiel Lol Gatkuothby Jon M. Huntsman School of Business1,539 views
- 4:36 COGIC 106th Holy Convocation 2013 - C.H. Mason Memorial Choir "Official Day Offering Medley"by gospellvr3,056 views
- 1:14:00 Dean's Convocation: Michael Glauserby Jon M. Huntsman School of Business464 views
- 11:10 Douglas A. Darch, Baker & McKenzie o/b/o IL Chamber of Commerce and the WI Mfgs and Commerceby NLRB192 views
- 7:35 FedEE Media Interview with Baker & Mckenzieby FedEEMedia146 views
- 51:21 Intro to Managerial Accounting: Performance Evaluation Systemsby rutgersweb660 views
- 5:27 Plastic Injection Moldingby Engineering219394,890 views
- 9:20 COGIC 106th Holy Convocation 2013 - C.H. Mason Memorial Choir "Holiness Is Right"by gospellvr2,137 views
- 6:21 Lee Iacocca takes on the Pressby King Rose Archives3,020 views
- 1:21:25 Dean's Convocation: Mark Jamesby Jon M. Huntsman School of Business414 views
- 3:30 COGIC 106th Holy Convocation 2013 - Bishop Macklin & The "IF we weren't on TV" Praise Breakby gospellvr6,753 views
- 1:25:12 Dean's Convocation: Crystal Maggeletby Jon M. Huntsman School of Business671 views
- 1:14:48 Managerial Accounting: Flexible Budgets and Standard Costsby rutgersweb2,868 views
- Loading more suggestions...