Preaching Pro-Life on the 25th Sunday of Cycle C
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 17, 2013
Fr. Frank Pavone (http://www.FrFranksBlog.com), National Director of Priests for Life (http://www.PriestsForLife.org), shares thoughts on preaching pro-life on the 25th Sunday of the year, Cycle C (September 22nd, 2013).
More liturgical resources are at http://www.ProLifePreaching.com.
A fuller explanation follows.
1 Tm 2:1-8
Lk 16:1-13 or 16:10-13
The second reading today contains a verse that forms the basis for the lessons in the other readings: "There is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." It is the reality of the Incarnation that forms the basis for Christian morality, and in particular for our moral obligations regarding the use of money. The fact that Jesus is both God and man means that our relationship with God cannot be purely in a detached spiritual realm, disconnected with the things of earth. Rather, it is precisely through the proper use of the things of earth that we connect with our salvation and our God.
Hence, we recognize the importance of earthly goods, and the teaching of the Church that the goods of the earth are meant for all people. In the first reading and in the Gospel, the lesson is that people are more important than money. When we mistreat people for the sake of monetary benefit, we harm our relationship with God.
This is a core tenet of the Church's social doctrine. The priority of people over things is a theme that shapes the Church's view of economics, health care, politics, and every realm of human activity. Governments exist for people, not the other way around. Economies exist for people, not the other way around.
These truths form the basis for a culture of life, because it is only when these priorities are reversed that societies or individuals feel free to resort to violence against people -- including the violence of abortion and euthanasia -- in order to "make things right" in some other regard. But a rejection of the human person can never make things right. Only in the affirmation of the person do we find the path to God.
Standard YouTube License
- 51:25 Nothing Just Happens ❃Bishop T D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes82,287 views
- 28:31 HMONG CATHOLICS - HMONG 25th Sunday, Year C. 09/21/13by KNXT176 views
- 1:12:29 Family Stuck In A Rut & Can't Get Up ❃Bishop T.D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes25,981 views
- 9:01 George Carlin - Euphemismsby poyani392,362 views
- 2:01:59 ♦2♦ Let It Go | Forgiveness ❃Bishop T.D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes72,189 views
- 1:21:14 Breaking The Cycle Of Pain ❃Bishop T D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes26,057 views
- 1:00:30 Commitment ❃Bishop T D Jakes❃by MarriageSermons Bishop T.D Jakes19,217 views
- 14:14 25th Sunday Ordinary Time, Part 1, Cycle Cby Fr. Francis Martin180 views
- 1:02:03 The Best of George Carlin: Exposing our government and fall of humanity one joke at a timeby BrainFeed.ca1,164,434 views
- 3:10 Preaching Pro-Life on the 34th Sunday of Cycle C - Solemnity of Christ the Kingby priestsforlife82 views
- 25:26 Newsmakers 5-3-13: Bishop Thomas Tobinby WPRI114 views
- 14:30 25th Sunday Ordinary Time, Part 2, Cycle Cby Fr. Francis Martin168 views
- 1:59 Preaching Pro-Life on the 31st Sunday of Cycle Cby priestsforlife74 views
- 31:06 Joel Osteen - Dont Feed Trash To Your Heartby 234karthikeyan312,534 views
- 2:00 Preaching Pro-Life on the 32nd Sunday of Cycle Cby priestsforlife47 views
- 31:35 Joel Osteen - Get Over It - Sun, 15 April 2013by Joshua Solomon409,002 views
- 30:57 Joel Osteen - God Smiles at You By Seeing Your Faith but Devil Smiles at You by Seeing Your Fearby 234karthikeyan553,455 views
- 6:16 Black Madonna Pro-Life Pilgrimage Across North Americaby HLI DotOrg3,278 views
- 49:17 Full Episode: George Carlin Stand Up Comedy, Dog Climber, Johnny Carson's Tonight Showby Johnny Carson
- 1:00:50 Unjust Stewardby dantesj1249 views
- Loading more suggestions...