Uploaded on Apr 9, 2007
Cooking Korean-style Stir-fried squid
Full recipe: http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/ojing...
Hot and spicy stir fried squid
• 1 large squid (1 lb)
• soy sauce
• sugar, hot pepper flakes
• green chili pepper,
• carrot, garlic, onion, and green onions.
Directions for 2 servings:
1. Remove the squid's intestines
2. Wash and drain the squid. Cut it into strips (about 2-3 cups worth) and place them in a bowl.
3. Prepare a big plate for your vegetables.
4. Cut a carrot thinly and diagonally and place it on a big plate.
5. Cut 12 green onions into pieces 5-7 cm in length and put them on the plate.
6. Slice 1 medium size onion and put it on the plate.
7. Slice 1 green chili pepper and put it on the plate.
8. Prepare a small bowl and make hot paste by mixing 5 cloves of minced garlic, 2½ tbs of soy sauce, 2 tbs hot pepper flakes, and 1 tbs sugar.
9. Heat a pan or wok over high heat and put 1 tbs olive oil in it.
10. Stir fry by adding vegetables in this order: carrots, onions, green onions, and chili pepper. Stir fry for about 2 minutes
11. Add squid strips and the hot paste and continue to stir fry for a few minutes
12. Sprinkle some sesame oil and transfer to a serving dish and serve with rice.
Standard YouTube License