Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 6-17-2013 ~ Obama's Syria Policy Looks a Lot Like Bush's Iraq Policy
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 17, 2013
Please rate and subscribe!!!
Obama's Syria Policy Looks a Lot Like Bush's Iraq Policy
President Obama announced late last week that the US intelligence community had just determined that the Syrian government had used poison gas on a small scale, killing some 100 people in a civil conflict that has claimed an estimated 100,000 lives. Because of this use of gas, the president claimed, Syria had crossed his "red line" and the US must begin to arm the rebels fighting to overthrow the Syrian government.
Setting aside the question of why 100 killed by gas is somehow more important than 99,900 killed by other means, the fact is his above explanation is full of holes. The Washington Post reported this week that the decision to overtly arm the Syrian rebels was made "weeks ago" -- in other words, it was made at a time when the intelligence community did not believe "with high confidence" that the Syrian government had used chemical weapons.
Further, this plan to transfer weapons to the Syrian rebels had become policy much earlier than that, as the Washington Post reported that the CIA had expanded over the past year its secret bases in Jordan to prepare for the transfer of weapons to the rebels in Syria.
The process was identical to the massive deception campaign that led us into the Iraq war. Remember the famous quote from the leaked "Downing Street Memo," where representatives of British Prime Minister Tony Blair's administration discussed Washington's push for war on Iraq?
Here the head of British intelligence was reporting back to his government after a trip to Washington in the summer of 2002: "Military action was now seen as inevitable. Bush wanted to remove Saddam, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy."
That is exactly what the Obama Administration is doing with Syria: fixing the intelligence and facts around the already determined policy. And Congress just goes along, just as they did the last time.
We found out shortly after the Iraq war started that the facts and intelligence being fixed around the policy were nothing but lies put forth by the neo-con warmongers and the paid informants, like the infamous and admitted liar known as "Curveball." But we seem to have learned nothing from being fooled before.
So Obama now plans to send even more weapons to the Syrian rebels even though his administration is aware that the main rebel factions have pledged their loyalty to al-Qaeda. Does anyone else see the irony? After 12 years of the "war on terror" and the struggle against al-Qaeda, the US decided to provide weapons to the allies of al-Qaeda. Does anyone really think this is a good idea?
The Obama administration promises us that this is to be a very limited operation, providing small arms only, with no plans for a no-fly zone or American boots on the ground. That sounds an awful lot like how Vietnam started. Just a few advisors. When these few small arms do not achieve the pre-determined US policy of regime change in Syria what is the administration going to do? Admit failure and pull the troops out, or escalate? History suggests the answer and it now appears to be repeating itself once again.
The president has opened a can of worms that will destroy his presidency and possibly destroy this country. Another multi-billion dollar war has begun.
Ron Paul 'Constitutionally Correct' 2012.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This video may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes only. This constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
congressman ron paul
Standard YouTube License
- 1:28:51 Which Bible Is Right? KJV vs. New World Order "bibles" NIV, NWT, RSV, NEV - Mike Hoggardby HeavenClear7,392 views
- 44:51 Paul Craig Roberts: Triple Bubble Implosion Comingby maxmann52116,276 views
- 5:20 Ron Paul: "The bigger the Government gets the greater the threat is"by PlanetEarthAwakens01695 views
- 7:39 John Stossel ~ Taking Our Jobs?by RonPaulCC2012639 views
- 4:13 CNN cuts off soldier then Ron Paul brings him on stage to let him finish talking!!by JakeMillz80154,562 views
- 14:06 Ron Paul Destroys MSNBC's Alex Wagner On Syriaby djgabrielpresents87,538 views
- 3:50 Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 10-28-2013 ~ A Welcome US / Saudi Resetby RonPaulCC2012801 views
- 3:41 Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 10-7-2013 ~ An Opening To Iran?by RonPaulCC2012895 views
- 14:01 Ron Paul "When You Have A Dictatorship TRUTH Becomes Treasonous!"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M128,229 views
- 5:24 Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 8-5-2013 ~ Why Won't They Tell Us the Truth About NSA Spying?by RonPaulCC20129,908 views
- 4:24 Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 11-04-2013 ~ What Cannot Be Said About Iraqby RonPaulCC20123,783 views
- 6:21 2013 - Ron Paul Exposes Obama Martial Law Plans!!!by Top10GamingOfficial385,045 views
- 26:03 How Ron Paul Was Cheated Out Of Presidencyby ThinkOutsideTheTV160,915 views
- 4:32 Ron Paul to John McCain: Syria is none of our business!by djgabrielpresents19,945 views
- 4:15 Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 6-24-2013 ~ What We Have Learned From Afghanistanby RonPaulCC2012575 views
- 14:15 Ron Paul's Podcast Nation #16 ~ Big Brotherby RonPaulCC2012611 views
- 4:17 Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 9-23-2013 ~ Internet Sales Tax Could Crush Small Businessesby RonPaulCC2012749 views
- 9:32 Ron Paul: Obamacare 'A Conspiracy Of Stupidity'by selfownership116,816 views
- 4:33 Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 8-12-2013 ~ Why Are We At War In Yemen?by RonPaulCC20121,188 views
- 4:24 Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 7-8-2013 ~ New Egyptian War: Americans Lose, Againby RonPaulCC2012535 views
- Loading more suggestions...