Reflections of GOD's Own Country ; Kerala
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 26, 2009
Travel Video, Kerala, India .A trip to Aryankavu, Thenmala, Alappuzha Backwaters, Kochi and Wayanad with my friends Dr.John, Dr.Kiran and Chinthu.
The journey starts with traveling in the historic Kollam-Sengottai Metre gauge Train.On the way ,the famous "Pathimoonnu kannara palam"[13 Arch Bridge]is a very beautifull sight,The bridge which was constructed during the British regeim using surki construction,A period when cement was not in use.The bridge with its 13 arches still holds strong one of Indias oldest mountain rails (Meter Guage)which once used to be the main trade route between Quilon(kerala)and Shenkottah(Tamil Nadu).The Aryankavu tunnel was longest in South India (900 mtrs) until the Konkan tunnel created, this links Aryankavu with Bhagavathipuram in Tamil Nadu.
Alappuzha Backwaters is one of the exotic backwater sites of India. Washed by the Arabian Sea, interlocked by a number of canals and bridges, this tiny marketplace is also famous for its Nehru Trophy boat race held every year
Our final destination was Wayanad.One might need a week's time to see enough of Wayanad. We had only three days there .The Places of Interest in wayanad are
1) Pookot Lake: Situated some 20kms from Kalpetta, this lake is ideal to visit in the evenings just when the Sun falls behind the adjoining mountains.
2) Soochipara falls:
The best pick of our wayanad trip. There can be no better camera than the human eye, to capture all that the falls offered. We were welcomed by a gorgeous arc of rainbow. We were lucky to find a small bed of rocks that was shallow enough to let us have a dip. The water was so pure and fresh, that we never felt like stepping out of the water if not for the darkness.
3) Kuruva Island: 950 acres of ever green forest on the tributaries of east flowing river Kabani, is an ideal picnic spot, far away from the disturbances of city life. The island is uninhabited. Rare species of birds, orchids and herbs are the sovereigns of this supernal kingdom. It is 17 Kms. east of Mananthavady and 40 kms. north west of Sulthan Bathery.
4)Kanthanpara Waterfalls: Relatively smaller than Sentinal Rock Waterfall and rather less frequented, Kanthanpara and its surroundings are nonetheless very pleasant. An easy hike away from the main road, it is perfect for picnic
Standard YouTube License
- 31:28 India vs USA | Women's | Day 7 | Pearls 4th World Cup Kabaddi Punjab 2013by PTC News13,870 views
- 24:59 Lesser Known tourist Destination, Keralaby keralatourismdotorg30,618 views
- 10:51 Jungle Retreat Wayanadby Prasad Menon52,282 views
- 9:43 God's Own Country Kerala Travel Video Part 1 of 2by movietalking200831,439 views
- 15:59 Wayanad Tourism, Kerala part 1by Emil Isaac, Iritty16,770 views
- 8:06 Kerala - Ecotourism Film English Part 1by bkk6823,800 views
- 6:50 God's Own Country Kerala, India - Travel Video Part 2 of 2by movietalking200836,082 views
- 6:38 THE BEAUTY OF KERALA(slide show)by Jicky Joseph7,350 views
- 7:22 Shirley and Jenny: Two Elephants Reunited After More Than 20 Yearsby EVOLVE Campaigns2,309,437 views
- 3:01 Kerala Tourism - Your Moment is Waiting TV Commercialby GKSFIndia5,943 views
- 14:55 KERALA BEAUTY AMAZING VIDEO by VIJUN KRISHNA VALLANGHY WITH EVERGREEN SONGSby vijun kumar134,803 views
- 8:50 VythiriVillage2012by News Value11,727 views
- 4:22 Kerala Tourism Video - The Travel Plannersby THE TRAVEL PLANNERS122,648 views
- 8:04 Wayanad - A glimpse of Kerala 'God's own Country'by Pushpasis Sarkar9,272 views
- 9:02 Rains of Kerala Invis Multimedia DVDby indiavideodotorg26,330 views
- 2:36 Glenora Homestay in Wayanad, Keralaby MahindraHomestays9,539 views
- 5:27 Three Elephants kill a Lionby Erlend Sandnes3,998,968 views
- 4:05 Leones contra Elefantes - Real Video Lions vs Elephant -by JamesDeanNight395,519 views
- 7:46 Wayanad - A Short Film on Wayanad Tourism Destinationsby Praveen KS7,736 views
- 1:42 Honeymoon destination, Kerala, Houseboats, Backwatersby keralatourismdotorg399,698 views
- Loading more suggestions...