MEPs Protest (The Original Video)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 18, 2007
Go to http://x09.eu and sign for a REFERENDUM.
(This video replaces my earlier attempt, which was reposted by another youtuber before I deleted it.)
The Hemicycle, European Parliament,
Strasbourg - 12.12.2007:
The President of the European Commission, the President of the European Council and the President of the European Parliament gather to sign the Charter of Fundamental Rights, which will replace the European Convention on Human Rights. The Charter forms part of the "Lisbon Treaty", recently known as the "reform treaty", or the redesigned Constitutional Treaty.
A number of Members of the European Parliament (MEP) rose in protest against the "Lisbon Treaty" (signed by the 27 Heads of State and Government on 13.12.2007).
The "Lisbon Treaty" establishes the same EU Constitution that was rejected by the French and Dutch referendums in 2005.
This violates the principle of unanimity, where all Member States must consent to each treaty.
As Italian interior minister, Giuliano Amato said at the London School of Economics last February, "The good thing about not calling it a constitution is that no one can ask for a referendum."
As a result, the French and Dutch votes were ignored, and five governments have cancelled a promised referendum (Czech Rep., Denmark, Poland, Portugal, UK).
Only Ireland will have a referendum. The other 26 Member States will ratify the treaty in parliament without asking the people.
The Future of Europe can be different than the centralised monolith which the EU Constitution creates. The 'single market' (the 'four freedoms of movement') does not need to be governed by an EU bureaucracy which plans the economy and regulates our lives.
EU romanticism must stop. The EU is not what it seems to be.
Have your say on the Future of Europe.
Go to http://x09.eu and sign for a REFERENDUM in your country.
Participating: MEPs from the Independence/Democracy Group, the GUE/NGL Group (Confederal Group of the European United Left - Nordic Green Left), the UEN Group (Union for Europe of the Nations), some members from the ED faction of the EPP-ED, and the Non-attached.
To view the Political Groups in the European Parliament go to: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members...
Note: The European Parliament has 2 buildings, one in Brussels (the main) and one in Strasbourg, where most of the plenary sessions take place. So for 5 days a month nearly the whole Brussels Parliament moves to Strasbourg (5.5 hours by train). This monthly move costs European taxpayers over 250 million euros a year. (Note that in English 'euro' becomes 'euros' in plural and NOT as the EU bureaucrats have dictated; it makes no sense to say "give me two euro". Same goes for "cent").
EU Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
Other states in Europe:
Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Faroes, Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Transdniestria (Transnistria), Belarus, Turkey, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania.
Azzurri, alzatevi dal sonno! Italia Sicilia Sardegna Milano Roma Napoli Firenze Genova Italiani alzatevi dal sonno! Torino Palermo Bolgna Catania Bari Juventus Roberto Benigni Italiani alzatevi dal sonno!
Standard YouTube License
- 10:52 One People, One Empire, One Leaderby ukipwebmaster 54,724 views
- 15:00 Bloom is given the Soviet treatment (full version with Farage & 2nd expulsion)by europarl 57,492 views
- 2:53 Schulz's Law: First confrontation between Farage and Schulzby europarl 52,620 views
- 1:50 Great Britain Bites backby ukipwebmaster 39,842 views
- 42:26 Nigel Farage confronts Herman Van Rompuy, José Manuel Barroso & Martin Schulzby XIxItalianoxIX 24,772 views
- 85 videos Play all Nigel Farage in Plenaryby europarl
- 9:59 Irlandia mówi NIE! Eurofederaści w szoku! Europa się cieszy.by odDymarkow 77,728 views
- 1:36 New Euro-Nationalists - Nigel tells Merkel some home truthsby ukipwebmaster 237,961 views
- 10:36 Respect the Irish Vote: Aftershock in European Parliamentby europarl 165,340 views
- 4:30 Nigel Farage vs. Tony Blair FULL VERSIONby MadPolitix 16,394 views
- 2:30 Free Europeby ukipwebmaster 22,304 views
- 9:21 Chicken Run in the EU Parliament (20.02.2008)by europarl 51,754 views
- 1:25 The EU has become a racketby Daniel Hannan's Channel 86,509 views
- 3:22 END OF NATIONS - EU Takeover & the Lisbon Treatyby Stguidon 52,992 views
- 1:38 Farage: Meet your new Soviet overlords, Mr Orbánby europarl 62,972 views
- 1:35:34 2008 - 2013 Update - What is happening in the European Parliament?by XIxItalianoxIX 8,197 views
- 10:47 Nigel Farage on Alex Jones Tv 1/5:Obama is A Dangerous Man!!by Alex's Official Channel 48,035 views
- 7:35 We Are Change UK - 9/11 Questioned in European Parliamentby wearechangeuk 60,701 views
- 5:08 Who are you Mr President Nigel Farage asks Van Rompuyby headshrinker007 22,675 views
- 3:03 Nigel Farage on who's who in the EU commissionby ukipwebmaster 249,696 views
- 57:24 Il Trattato di Lisbona (Paolo Barnard)by Welcome to the Real World 25,121 views
- Loading more suggestions...