OATH KEEPERS PROVE SOME TROOPS REFUSED TO CONFISCATE GUNS DURING KATRINA 1 of 5
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 17, 2010
BREAKING NEWS! Oath Keepers Proves That There WERE Troops Who Refused to Confiscate Guns During Katrina
OATH KEEPERS EXCLUSIVE
We know that wholesale gun confiscation happened during Hurricane Katrina. We watched the Chief of Police of New Orleans declare on national television that no one [no private citizen] will be able to be armed, were going to take all the weapons. We watched an old lady being tackled in her own kitchen and disarmed.
In fact, that atrocious event was one of the reasons I started Oath Keepers. But I also knew, from my service as an Army paratrooper, that there are men of courage, honor, and integrity in the military who would refuse to obey such orders. My goal with Oath Keepers is simply to increase their numbers and harden their resolve. But when it came to Katrina, we did not have concrete proof that some said no until now.
A Stand-Up Example from Katrina Emerges
This past week, on Friday May 14, 2010, I had the pleasure of meeting and interviewing Sgt. Joshua L. May of the Utah National Guard who told me how he, along with the majority of the men in his unit, refused to participate in any gun confiscation while deployed to assist during Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
I finally discovered Sgt. May and his story only because after a speech I gave in Logan Utah on May 13, 2010, a local resident, Farley Anderson, walked up and told me about what Sgt. May had done. Upon hearing of it, I knew I just had to talk to him, so I had Mr. Anderson track down Sgt. Mays number and I called him at 11pm and invited him to breakfast the next morning. Until that night, Sgt. May hadnt even heard of Oath Keepers (which is ironic since he is a shining example of an oath keeper). We met for the first time that next morning, Friday, May 14, 2010. During breakfast, Sgt. May told me his story, and then I asked him if we could go outside and do an interview in the restaurant parking lot. He agreed that his story needed to be told and the below video is the result.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:40 OATH KEEPERS PROVE SOME TROOPS REFUSED TO CONFISCATE GUNS DURING KATRINA 2 of 5by OathKeepersOK6,204 views
- 8:15 25% Of Marines Would Shoot Americans, 100% Of Oath Keepers Would Shoot Them Back (2/2)by HorseofPaulRevere131,430 views
- 15:17 Oath Keepers: American Revolution Started Over Disarmamentby InfoPlanetWars58,073 views
- 7:03 Government Agents Seize Oath Keeper's New Born From Hospitalby george4title98,880 views
- 29:08 Could Obama's War On Guns Become.. WAR? Harsh Warning From Oathkeepers Founder!by Josh Tolley29,762 views
- 5:52 Bill O'Reilly Interviews Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes - 02-18-10by OathKeepersOK52,475 views
- 18:27 Martial Law & Gun Confiscation - A Reminder From New Orleans!by extremumspiritum52,522 views
- 28 videos Play all Utah National Guardby utahegov
- 10:17 NRA Never Again Part 2 of 2by goRSSTV93,996 views
- 21:27 Proof: The Govt is Planning & Training to Confiscate All Guns of Civiliansby thenewsurvivalist39,641 views
- 2:33 2 women in bikinis given body cavity searches on the side of Highway - "Up my private parts?!"by Police State USA907,436 views
- 20:34 Will Soldiers Shoot U.S. Citizens for Resisting Gun Confiscation?by NextNewsNetwork13,960 views
- 2:25 Canton Police Officer: "I'll Kill Every One Of You Motherfuckers"by UrbanWarfareChannel967,588 views
- 14:55 Foreign Troops Training to Confiscate Guns of Americans 1/2by JediWitness197,432 views
- 5:07 AMERICA IS GONE!! Listen to this... It is over! WAKE UP PLEASE!!!.by nutsarefancy2,236,493 views
- 4:47 Gun Confiscation Begins in Californiaby george4title7,219 views
- 4:35 anonymous message to oathkeepersby wake up america9,337 views
- 14:50 Countermeasures for Gun Confiscationby homesteadprepper1,807 views
- 1:50 Message FROM the Militia to Civiliansby HorseofPaulRevere645,832 views
- 9:42 Why Oath Keepers are Under Attack - Stewart Rhodes Oath Keepersby OathKeepersOK42,320 views