Hello Young Lovers piano/vocal (Rodgers-Hough)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 7, 2012
If you like this song or my playing/singing, please join the new announcement mailing list. Just go here, enter your email, and click subscribe. You'll get an email asking for confirmation. You can unsubscribe at any time!
Just enter your email, complete the captcha, and click subscribe!
Once you join the Google Group you can access a private subreddit page where you can make and rate others' requests!
The list is the best and fastest way to hear updates concerning new projects, with the best opportunities to give feedback and make requests for songs/pieces you'd like to hear! I hope to have new recordings in the near future and I'd be eager to hear your suggestions for good piano/vocal songs that I could arrange and record.
Your email addresses are safe and hidden!
This is a fun recording I made summer '11 using my version of the Stephen Hough arrangement as accompaniment. My video of that can be found on my channel.
From Rodgers and Hammerstein's musical The King and I.
Recording and editing for this was done using mainly Audacity.
"Hello, Young Lovers" is a show tune from the 1951 Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, The King and I. It is sung by Anna, played by Gertrude Lawrence in the original Broadway production, by Valerie Hobson in the original London West End production, and by Deborah Kerr in the film version (although voiced-over by Marni Nixon). The heroine Anna sings this song when she tells the wives of the King of Siam about her late husband, and sympathises with the plight of Tuptim, the Burmese slave girl.
Among versions popular in 1951 were ones by Perry Como and by Guy Lombardo (with vocal by Kenny Martin).
Deep River Boys recorded "Hello, Young Lovers" in Oslo on August 24, 1956. It was released on the extended play Hello young lovers (HMV 7EGN 12). Earl Grant recorded this song on his 1958 album The End. Andy Williams included his version of it on the 1959 album Andy Williams Sings Rodgers and Hammerstein. Bobby Darin also sang the piece, although he sped up the tempo so it was a much faster piece. It would also be covered by Frank Sinatra in a much slower tempo on his 1965 album September of My Years. Marvin Gaye has a version that was unreleased, it appeared on the box set 'The Marvin Gaye Collection'. Paul Anka had a significant revival in 1960, in the swinging Bobby Darin style. Philip Quast also covered this song in his Live at the Donmar album. The Temptations released an uptempo, big band version on their album, In A Mellow Mood in 1967. In 1993 Mark Murphy covered the piece on his album 'Very Early'. In 2001, the SuperJazz Big Band of Birmingham, Alabama recorded the song on the CD, "UAB SuperJazz, Featuring Ellis Marsalis." In 2004 Kevin Spacey covered this song on his original soundtrack 'Beyond The Sea'.
The Johnny Smith Foursome
Mel Tormé With Marty Paich Orchestra
Count Basie & His Orchestra
Mark Murphy & Nine
Paul Smoker Trio
Thomas Allen and Valerie Masterson
Eddie Gomez & Mark Kramer
Leslie Lewis With Gerard Hagen Trio, Gary Foster, Ron Stout, Rob Lockart, Larry Koonse
Standard YouTube License
- 1:28:00 The King and Iby Tori Sneden10,746 views
- 48:14 The King & I: Recording A Hollywood Dream (1993)by Hurrikin Productions6,433 views
- 6:53 Rodgers: Carousel -- 'You'll never walk alone' (Joyce DiDonato)by MartialVidz12,382 views
- 7:53 Sammy sings Hello Young Loversby JoeWellington6,392 views
- 3:35 Carly Bracco - Hello, Young Loversby dbhmr6,529 views
- 3:17:56 3 Hour Medley of Christmas Songsby Halerman4445,990,626 views
- 50:00 Reflexões do Tempo - Para pensar e relaxar.by Daniel Guss17,188 views
- 5:58 Li Chu Ren - 1st round - Moszkowski, Caprice Espagnol, Op. 37by PianoRAMACompetition3,893 views
- 15:00 (HD 720p) Songs from "South Pacific", Rodgers & Hammersteinby romympanlilio156,569 views
- 3:31 The King And I - Hello Young Loversby Bigjoemig200320,706 views
- 11:21 Julie Andrews in Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella - CBS-TV Special (1957)_1by Julie4everQueen26,630 views
- 7:29 The King And I Royal Variety Performance 1979by NealeUK63,603 views
- 5:55 Benjamin Grosvenor plays Moszkowski's Caprice Espagnolby SProkofieff16,211 views
- 14:42 Small House Of Uncle Thomas - Ballet from The King and Iby wolczo28,781 views
- 6:46 Yul Brynner and Deborah Kerr in "The Journey" (Kiss Scene)by Andressa Santos30,647 views
- 4:08 Stephen Hough warms up with Moszkowskiby MartinaSemenova76,833 views
- 6:18 ARISTO SHAM (13 yo) CAPRICE ESPAGNOL MORITZ MOSZKOWSKIby miamipianofestival30,807 views
- 2:56 Shall We Dance Original Cast.wmvby POPFREAK20083,274 views
- 5:53 Chin Yi Jun (18 ) plays Carousel Waltz( Rodger/Hough)by zhao ying teoh4,677 views
- 4:57 SOMETHING WONDERFULby gmcres48,554 views
- Loading more suggestions...