HOW TO: Separate Eggs With a Plastic Bottle
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 28, 2012
3/1/13 UPDATE!!: The ABC TV show "The Chew" just featured a $12.95 device that does the EXACT same thing! Save your money and do it for free!!!
Using a simple plastic water or soda pop bottle, here's a quick trick for separating the white from the yolk the next time a recipe calls for separating an egg.
We're off the RV and visiting family in their "stick houses" and saw a video from China of a woman separating an egg with an empty water bottle and HAD to try it ourselves (not to mention translating it from Chinese to English). ;-) It was so funny that we almost started looking for recipes that call for the whites and yolks to be separate! LOL
We'll be off the RV a lot over the next few months, so we'll be keeping an eye out for more "non-RV" tips to share.
DO YOUR RV SLIDE TOPPERS NEED REPLACING? Tough Top Awnings are thicker and stronger than OEM fabric and cost far less too! Get higher-quality fabric and save at least half the cost by replacing your slide toppers yourself. Watch RVgeeks' Slide Topper Installation Video to see how easy it is - http://youtu.be/7EXgaoRNkYg - and visit http://www.toughtopawnings.com for complete details. Be sure to tell Ray (the owner) "RVgeeks sent me!"
RV Geeks offers basic DIY (do it yourself) RV service, repair, maintenance and travel tips from full-time RVers who have been handling most of their own maintenance since hitting the road in 2003.
Be sure to confirm that all methods and materials used are compatible with your particular recreational vehicle. Every type of motorhome, motorcoach, fifth wheel, travel trailer, bus conversion, camper and toy hauler is different, so your systems may not be the same as ours.
RVgeeks is proud to be affiliated with RVtravel.com.
While we're not RV technicians, we're very mechanically inclined and have learned a lot about RV systems over the years. We handle most of our own minor service, maintenance and repair work on our 2005 43' Newmar Mountain Aire diesel pusher. We also maintained our 2002 39' Fleetwood Bounder Diesel during our first two years on the road.
We meet lots of newer RVers who are eager to learn some basics about maintaining and caring for their rigs. After more than 10 years on the road, we want to share what we've learned (some of it the hard way). ;-)
We hope our experiences can help other RVers go DIY, saving some time, money and effort, while experiencing the satisfaction of a job well done.
We do not pretend to be experts on any particular RV topic, and mostly know about maintaining our own rig. But lots of things are the same on RVs in general, and diesel pushers in particular.
Comments welcome! Thanks for watching!
Standard YouTube License
- 2:07 Common things RVers do to modify their recreational vehiclesby RVtravel Featured 29,007
- 15:00 HOW TO: RV in the Winterby RVgeeks284,096 views
- 1:19 How to Scramble Eggs Inside Their Shellby NightHawkInLight7,585,006 views
- 5:20 RV Water System Tipsby TrailerLifeTV40,168 views
- 1:22 HOW TO: Organize an RV Basementby RVgeeks23,346 views
- 14:13 HOW TO: Flush an Atwood RV Water Heaterby RVgeeks67,551 views
- 3:45 Reusing Plastic Bottle Tops To Seal Food Storage Bagsby Learn To Grow27,918 views
- 4:51 RV Tank Cleaning Video by RV Education 101®by RV Education 101146,260 views
- 3:02 HOW TO: Make Easy-Peeling Hard-Boiled Eggsby RVgeeks154,283 views
- 8:50 HOW TO: Flush & Clean a Suburban RV Water Heaterby RVgeeks30,353 views
- 14:53 HOW TO: Dump & Clean an RV Black Tankby RVgeeks261,416 views
- 8:54 DIY MOSQUITO TRAP pesticide FREE mosquito control Solar Powered Fan West Nile Virusby GREENPOWERSCIENCE255,584 views
- 8:00 HOW TO: Connect an RV to External Propaneby RVgeeks21,602 views
- 5:01 How It's Made Model Shipsby TRR56372,577 views
- 26:21 Campinn Tear drop Trailerby Doggorunning88,292 views
- 4:47 HOW TO: Convert Fluorescent RV Lights to LEDsby RVgeeks33,566 views
- 5:06 HOW TO: Plug in an RV (Dog Bones 101)by RVgeeks35,596 views
- 7:59 How to Use and Maintain a Camper Awning | Pete's RV Service Tipsby petesrvdealer38,551 views
- 4:31 HOW TO: Hang Things on RV Walls using Pop Rivetsby RVgeeks45,028 views
- 10:18 Living Small - Full Time in a 19ft Travel Trailerby sonicsix13,421 views
- Loading more suggestions...