Cataract Eye Surgery Orlando at the Filutowski Cataract & LASIK Institute
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 28, 2012
http://www.filutowskieye.com - No Injection, No Stitch, No Patch and possibly No Glasses. Why is this important?
Copying of this video strictly prohibited. This video is for informational purposes only, and is not intended to be medical advice.
"No Injection" means the eye is anesthetized with anesthetic eye drops. Eye drop anesthesia allows patients to see well within minutes after surgery. Since there are no needle injections around the eye, the risk of a needle damaging the optic nerve, or eye itself, is eliminated. In addition, eye drop anesthesia is beneficial for patients who are taking blood thinners for the prevention of strokes and blood clots. Our patients can continue with their blood thinners, even when having surgery.
"No Stitch" means a self-sealing, microsurgical incision is used. Dr. Filutowski uses a process called "phacoemulsification" to remove the cataract. A small probe enters the eye through a tiny incision, emulsifies or fragments the cataract, and gently vacuums it out. Most of the time, this tiny self-sealing incision requires no uncomfortable stitches. Another benefit: virtually no post-operative restrictions!
"No Patch" means literally just that. Using these advanced techniques, no uncomfortable patches that obstruct vision are necessary. Vision usually returns within minutes after surgery. This is especially important to patients who do not have good vision in their other eye. Many of our patients have gone shopping, bowling or even golfing within hours after their cataract surgery.
"No Glasses" means more freedom. Through a careful process of pre-operative measurements using the latest technology and through careful selection of each lens implant for each eye, Dr. Filutowski reduces the need for glasses after the surgery. This "Customizing" of the outcome for each eye can allow the patient to see well at distance and at near without the need for glasses. Further refining of the outcome may be achieved with High Definition Lasik. Our happiest patients are those that experience not only improvement of impaired vision but also the restoration of the long lost freedom: the freedom to see without glasses. Glasses may still be necessary for some patients who participate in activities that require the finest vision for distance or near.
For more detailed information about cataracts, please visit the National Eye Institute.
Call 800.EYE.EXAM to schedule your appointment
Standard YouTube License
- 14:52 J's Endocrinologist Appt. Update-14by Jordan Lee Featured 1,794
- 14:46 Filutowski LASIK Eye Surgery Orlando, LASIK Orlandoby LasikOrlando2,988 views
- 12:19 Dr. Oz - Undercover LASIK Investigation - Complete Episodeby Lasik4,245 views
- 14:00 faco stop and chop catarata 3+ para residentes.mp4by centrovisualvj11,005 views
- 9:08 Ravi Goel MD - Part V - Live Cataract Surgery - Patient Friendlyby RaviGoelMD15,410 views
- 6:36 "Great White" Cataract Surgeryby sydltysonmdmph21,204 views
- 2:09 Cataract Surgery after LASIK?by newsdog01376 views
- 7:24 Phaco Flipby Ronan Conlon1,671 views
- 18:13 True Side Effects of LASIK Eye Surgery Revealed - Dean Kantis #N3by NextNewsNetwork24,708 views
- 4:45 cataract surgeryby Heidi Walter576 views
- 3:07 What to Expect After Cataract Surgery - Milan Eye Centerby Milan Patel2,351 views
- 9:10 My Lasik laser eye surgery video explained and narratedby MrRofeliak51,117 views
- 7:48 New Treatments for Macular Degenerationby epauljr12,849 views
- 7:40 Cataract Surgery Narratedby Mark Sibley56,155 views
- 8:59 What is a cataract surgery - modern cataract procedure. Albert Smolyar M.D.by smolyaal14,977 views
- 11:44 Information for Cataract Patientsby wellingtoneyeclinic207 views
- 12:03 Day 5 - Observing Cataract Eye Surgery with The John Fawcett Foundationby JFFYKI254 views
- 9:51 Cataract Lens Optionsby dmeyemd2,083 views
- 4:05 Eye Care After Cataract Surgeryby DrMoshirfar13,740 views
- 3:42 Patient describes her vision after cataract surgery with ReStor intraocular lens.by DukeEyeSurgery3,418 views
- Loading more suggestions...