Wild Child - "Pillow Talk": SXSW 2012 Showcasing Artist
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 6, 2012
Wild Child, indie-folk pop band from Austin, Texas, began as an acoustic duo consisting of Kelsey Wilson and Alexander Beggins singing ukulele love songs written and shared over red wine and old photographs. The two met for the first time just three days prior to a six-week tour with a Scandinavian band and instantly became enamored with their new life on the road. With northern U.S. parks and fields as their backdrop and a tour van as their practice studio, Kelsey and Alexander formed their first ten songs, flawlessly documenting the ups and downs of a less than idealistic yet enchanting romance. Wild Child has evolved since then into a six-piece band, accenting the soulful vocals and folk-influenced instrumentation with lush strings, keys, bells, banjo and percussion.
After returning from the tour in November of 2010 and recording lo-fi demos of their songs on an old 8-track recorder, Kelsey and Alexander spent the next few months working on pre-production with the help of Anthony Erickson of Eye in the Sky Collective. San Francisco producers Evan Magers and Alex Peterson traveled to Austin at the beginning of March 2011 to begin recording the full-length album. Following a month of rehearsing, recording, and making their SXSW debut, Kelsey, Alexander, Evan and Alex returned to San Francisco to finish tracking the album and spent the subsequent months mixing at Major Nation Studio in Austin.
In the midst of the recording process and in anticipation of their SXSW debut, Wild Child added drummer Carey McGraw, cellist Sadie Wolfe, keyboardist Evan Magers, and multi-instrumentalist Matthew Mares to inject their own unique influences and playing styles into the mix. Wild Child has fostered their growing reputation by performing regularly at venues and festivals throughout central Texas, including Emo's, the Texas Music Theater, Wild Frontier Fest, and Art Disaster 13.
Wild Child\'s debut album, 'Pillow Talk' (Major Nation), was released in October 2011, and drew instant acclaim from a wide variety of national publications and blogs. "An album of anthemic proportions" (indieshuffle.com), 'Pillow Talk' features 15 tracks full of gorgeous harmonies, tempered rhythms and conflicted lyrics about love and loss. Ranging from the dazed and nostalgic "Silly Things" to the waltzy and wishful "I\'ll Figure You Out," the songs tell a rich tale of inconvenient matters of the heart with an irreverent, playful innocence and deceptive musical simplicity. From the somber and sweet "Darling Divine" to the rambunctiously infectious "Cocaine Hurricane," the chemistry among the band is palpable and unique—sweet and youthful on the surface, but frenzied, unruly and fiercely honest underneath.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:15 Wild Child - Silly Thingsby Major Nation Featured 79,386
- 10:11 Greensky Bluegrass - "Don't Lie": SXSW 2012 Showcasing Artistby sxsw17,807 views
- 4:07 Milo Greene - "1957": SXSW 2012 Showcasing Artistby sxsw9,573 views
- 11 videos Play all doucheby moino60
- 5:52 Thus:Owls - "I Weed The Garden": SXSW 2012 Showcasing Artistby sxsw3,615 views
- 3:38 William Elliott Whitmore - "Field Song": SXSW 2012 Showcasing Artistby sxsw5,128 views
- 4:02 Wild Child - Crazy Bird OFFICIALby WildChildSounds19,687 views
- 4:48 BAMM.tv Presents: Wild Child - "Silly Things"by BAMMTV27,528 views
- 3:58 Wild Child Performs "Crazy Bird" on AXS Liveby AXS TV4,283 views
- 3:51 Wild Child - "The Tale of You & Me" | a Do512 Lounge Sessionby AustinMusicWeekly13,664 views
- 49:33 Dave Grohl South By Southwest (SXSW) 2013 Keynote Speech in Fullby FooFightersLive.com468,358 views
- 3:09 WILD CHILD - The Tale of You & Me - OFFICIALby WildChildSounds14,695 views
- 5:40 Wild Child - The Tale Of You & Meby Major Nation152,315 views
- 49:33 Dave Grohl South By Southwest (SXSW) 2013 Keynote - Legendadoby xuleta1825,799 views
- 3:33 The Lighthouse and the Whaler - Pioneers - official music videoby The Lighthouse and the Whaler24,592 views
- 4:59 Wild Child LIVE at UTOPiA Sessions SXSW 2013by UTOPiAfest
- 4:57 Wild Child - Warm Bodyby Major Nation31,066 views
- 4:50 "Thunder Clatter" (Live in-studio) - Wild Cubby Wild Cub178,588 views
- 4:10 Pillow Talk (Wild Child Cover) Slade Open Micby Feer Laroc Tsal462 views
- 30:19 The xx full live set at Other Music & Dig For Fire's SXSW Lawn Partyby sxswlawnparty540,140 views