New York City - Central Park Video Tour Part 1
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 25, 2009
New York Habitat http://www.nyhabitat.com features a complete presentation of the New York's massive 843-acre oasis, right in the middle of Manhattan, Central Park.
You will see that you don't have to go far to escape the craziness of city life.
Please make sure to check out the related New York Habitat blog article http://www.nyhabitat.com/blog/2009/07... to discover more information about Central Park.
The second part of the video tour of Central Park http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji0NPl... is already available.
Central Park hosts over 25 million visitors per year. It's the most visited park in the United States and its appearance in many movies and television shows has made it famous around the world.
Central Park is bordered on the north by West 110th Street, on the south by West 59th Street, on the west by Eighth Avenue -- which along the Park's borders are known as Central Park North, Central Park South, and Central Park West respectively.
Fifth Avenue retains its name and forms the eastern border of the park.
Central Park contains several lakes and ponds, extensive walking trails, two ice-skating rinks (one of which is a swimming pool in July and August), the Central Park Zoo, the Central Park Conservatory Garden, a wildlife sanctuary, a large area of natural woods, a reservoir with an encircling running track, 37 kids playgrounds, children's yoga, the Delacorte Theater and, of course, the famous Central Park Carousel.
Bethesda Terrace - Mid-Park at 72nd Street
When Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux designed the park in the late 1850's, they knew they needed a special place in the Park where people could gather. They needed to create a center for socializing, for people to see and be seen, Bethesda Terrace is that place. Hang around here long enough and you'll see it all... street performers, wedding photographs, musicians, artists and more.
Central Park Zoo and the Children's Zoo -- East Side at 64th St.
The Central Park Zoo had some bleak years back in the 70s and 80s. It had been neglected and its animals were living in small cramped cages. It has since been renovated and today it's a thriving healthy zoo with a lot to see. Come see the polar bears, the sea lion pool, monkeys and the amazing tropical rain forest. Just next door is the Children's Zoo. This is a must-see if you have kids. They've got goats, pigs, turtles, ducks and even a cow named Othello. The best part - most of the animals can be touched and fed.
Don't forget that a great way to experience New York is to rent an apartment http://www.nyhabitat.com/new-york-apa... from New York Habitat. We offer apartments all around Central Park including vacation rentals http://www.nyhabitat.com/new-york-apa... and Bed & Breakfast http://www.nyhabitat.com/new-york-apa... . It's a great alternative to the usual hotel and it'll save you money!
This studio accommodation with terrace on the Upper West Side (NY-12814) http://www.nyhabitat.com/new-york-apa... is a great option if you're looking for quick access to Central Park.
If you're looking to live across the street from the Park, you'll want to consider this amazing one bedroom vacation rental on Central Park South (NY-11135) http://www.nyhabitat.com/new-york-apa... . The building offers round-the-clock concierge staff, a full-service business center, onsite fitness center and health spa, valet parking, multilingual staff, laundry services and even cellular telephone rental. Last but not least, it is also home to the world famous Alain Ducasse restaurant.
Wolman Rink - East Side between 62nd and 63rd Streets
Wollman Rink was built in 1949 when Kate Wollman donated $600,000 for its construction. In the early 1990's, it was sold and is now run by Donald Trump.
Our last stop in part 1 of our Central Park series is one of my favorite little corners of Central Park. It's called, quite fittingly, The Pond. It's in the southeast corner of the park and you'll find ducks, turtles, a few benches and a cute little stone bridge. It's hard to believe you're just a few feet away from 5th Avenue!
Now, that we will move on to our 2nd Video Tour of Central Park!
Do not hesitate to check other video tours by New York Habitat on other area of New York such as the madison square park area http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqpyEd...
Standard YouTube License
- 5:24 New York City - Central Park Video Tour Part 2by New York Habitat30,727 views
- 41:10 Good Luck JESSIE NYC Christmas (Full Episode)by ShowOnAir181,367 views
- 5:03 Chinatown, New York City - Video tour of Chatham Square, MOCA & Columbus Parkby New York Habitat97,212 views
- 5:47 Harlem, New York: Video Tour of East Harlem, Uptown Manhattanby New York Habitat51,133 views
- 3:36 New York City - Video Tour of Greenwich Village, Manhattanby New York Habitat66,804 views
- 7:00 New York City - Video tour of Chelsea, Manhattan (Part 2)by New York Habitat10,235 views
- 4:08 New York - 10 places you must visit in the Big Appleby Vidtur150,748 views
- 7:39 New York City - Video tour of Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn (Part 2)by New York Habitat14,574 views
- 6:43 New York City : Video Tour of the East Village (Manhattan, NY)by New York Habitat31,377 views
- 5:49 New York City - Video tour of Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn (Part 1)by New York Habitat28,771 views
- 5:42 New York City - Video tour of Chelsea, Manhattan (Part 1)by New York Habitat13,056 views
- 4:59 New York City - Video Tour of SoHo, Manhattanby New York Habitat104,877 views
- 54:06 America - Live At Central Park (1979)by Sergey Chupyrin7,285 views
- 5:29 "All Along Broadway", Manhattan, New York City: Touring the Booming Financial Districtby New York Habitat11,439 views
- 5:12 Columbus Circle, New York City - Video tour "Along Broadway" - Lincoln center, Time Warner Centerby New York Habitat13,541 views
- 4:45 New York City - Video tour of Flatiron District, Manhattan (Part 1)by New York Habitat22,831 views
- 11:00 New York City Helicopter Tourby Hoosier Tim's Travel Videos309,574 views
- 4:47 Harlem, New York City - Video Tour of West Harlem, Central Harlem & Apollo Theaterby New York Habitat49,318 views
- 10:01 TIMES SQUARE Y CENTRAL PARK - Nueva York 1 - AXMby alanxelmundo91,218 views
- 6:09 Video Tour of New York City's Union Square: "All Along Broadway" Seriesby New York Habitat11,619 views
- Loading more suggestions...