How to Make a Paper Boat
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 13, 2010
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Paper Crafts videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/133-Pap...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
Let your imagination float away with this classic paper boat.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Lay out the paper and fold
Lay the paper on a flat surface. Fold the paper in half lengthwise.
Use paper larger than the standard 8.5- by 11-inch size for a larger boat.
Step 2: Fold the corners
Fold the two corners of the folded edge in toward the middle to form a point.
Step 3: Fold the brim
Fold the loose rectangular edge on the top side of the paper up over the flaps and fold down the overlapping triangles at the ends. Then turn the boat over and repeat on the other side.
The paper should now resemble a hat.
Step 4: Open the boat
Turn the hat 90 degrees and open it. Lay the upper and the lower parts on each other.
Step 5: Fold two more triangles
Fold the lower triangle flap upward and onto the upper triangle. Then turn the boat over and repeat with the other side.
Step 6: Open the boat again
Open the resulting square, putting the upper part on the lower.
Step 7: Finish to reveal the sail
Open the flaps, revealing a triangle sail in the middle of your new paper boat. Now you are ready to sail away. Bon voyage.
Did You Know?
The Chicago Yacht Club's Race to Mackinac is the longest annual freshwater sailing race in the world totaling 333 miles. The first one took place in 1898.
Standard YouTube License
- 12:43 Origami Macaw Parrot - Arara de Origamiby Jo Nakashima Featured 5,836,162
- 1:09 How to Whistle with Your Fingersby Howcast3,148,167 views
- 2:25 How to Pick a Lockby Howcast11,094,584 views
- 1:49 How to Never Lose at Tic-Tac-Toeby Howcast3,552,983 views
- 2:07 How to Make a Paper Airplaneby Howcast876,864 views
- 10:24 How to make an F15 Eagle Jet Fighter Paper Plane (Tadashi Mori)by tadashi mori7,370,758 views
- Jonseaglass000 75 videos1K
- 7:24 How to Make an Origami Butterflyby Rob's World5,491,466 views
- 3:40 How To Make a Paper Boat/Hatby Chris Faxon46,719 views
- 23:19 New Yankee Workshop - 102 - Work Benchby Russel Bright577,922 views
- 2:02 Origami: Sailboatby Tavin15427,463 views
- 11:14 How to Make an Origami Ninja Star (Shuriken) - Double-Sidedby Rob's World7,471,072 views
- 4:48 How to Make a Simple Pop Pop Boatby DaveHax547,368 views
- 14:08 How to Make an Origami Boomerangby Rob's World7,366,297 views
- 12:23 How to Make an Origami Swan (Intermediate)by Rob's World2,543,717 views
- 6:45 Origami Heart (Folding Instructions)by EzOrigami3,777,736 views
- 3:29 How to Make a Paper Boat, origamiby guiainfantilUS683,036 views
- 12:34 How to Make an Origami Gift Box (Intermediate)by Rob's World1,686,128 views
- 11:30 How to Make a Double Ninja Star (DIST-8)by Rob's World3,333,705 views
- 44:33 Entrevista Cristiano Ronaldo en Punto Pelota (Completa)by PuntoPelota Con Carlos G. Hirschfeld739,587 views