How to Make a Paper Boat
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 13, 2010
Watch more Paper Crafts videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/133-Pap...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Follow these steps to make a paper boat.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Lay out the paper and fold
Lay the paper on a flat surface. Fold the paper in half lengthwise.
Use paper larger than the standard 8.5- by 11-inch size for a larger boat.
Step 2: Fold the corners
Fold the two corners of the folded edge in toward the middle to form a point.
Step 3: Fold the brim
Fold the loose rectangular edge on the top side of the paper up over the flaps and fold down the overlapping triangles at the ends. Then turn the boat over and repeat on the other side.
The paper should now resemble a hat.
Step 4: Open the boat
Turn the hat 90 degrees and open it. Lay the upper and the lower parts on each other.
Step 5: Fold two more triangles
Fold the lower triangle flap upward and onto the upper triangle. Then turn the boat over and repeat with the other side.
Step 6: Open the boat again
Open the resulting square, putting the upper part on the lower.
Step 7: Finish to reveal the sail
Open the flaps, revealing a triangle sail in the middle of your new paper boat. Now you are ready to sail away. Bon voyage.
Did You Know?
The Chicago Yacht Club's Race to Mackinac is the longest annual freshwater sailing race in the world totaling 333 miles. The first one took place in 1898.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:24 How to make an F15 Jet Fighter Paper Plane (Tadashi Mori)by tadashi moriFeatured 3,262,328
- 1:35 How to Win At Heads or Tails Every Timeby Howcast 2,224,876 views
- 2:07 How To Make a Paper Airplaneby Howcast 770,038 views
- 1:29 How to Start a Fire With an Aluminum Can and a Chocolate Barby Howcast 942,956 views
- 2:25 How To Pick a Lockby Howcast 9,720,069 views
- 13:30 How to Make a (ORIGAMI) Paper Sampan Boat - TCGames [HD]!by TCGames Origami Daily - Subscribe! 39,494 views
- Parenting & Family Videos GI 124 videos5K
- 18:10 Daily Origami: 475 - Silvana's Star Ballby happypuppytruffles 218,865 views
- 1:56 Origami Boat (canoe)by Jo Nakashima Origami 930,062 views
- 4:58 Origami boat instructionsby tadashi mori 189,729 views
- 10:42 How to Make a Paper Fortune Tellerby MIAMIFLIP 828,146 views
- 3:29 How to Make a Paper Boat, origamiby Parenting & Family Videos GI 402,230 views
- 11:14 How to Make an Origami Ninja Star (Shuriken) - Double-Sidedby RobH0629 6,043,892 views
- 2:02 Origami: Sailboatby Origami Instructions for everyone 349,194 views
- 3:40 How To Make a Paper Boat/Hatby Chris Faxon 13,014 views
- 6:01 Paper Airplane DART that hurts/Flys farby SouradeCA's channel 748,280 views
- 12:22 How to Make an Origami Swan (Intermediate)by Rob's World-Where Learning is Fun! :-) 2,111,312 views
- 1:49 How to Never Lose at Tic-Tac-Toeby Howcast 3,006,328 views
- 6:56 How to Make the Super Boomerang!by Rob's World-Where Learning is Fun! :-) 3,357,978 views
- 0:55 How to Turn Water Into Ice Without a Freezerby Howcast 726,268 views
- 2:33 Origami: Clawsby Origami Instructions for everyone 1,053,311 views
- Loading more suggestions...