P-Noy's Speech during the signing of the Coalition Agreement between LP and BAKUD, 07 July 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 7, 2012
Durano Residence, Barangay Guinsay, Danao City, Cebu, | News Releases below | Photos: | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/photos-july201... | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/photos-july201... | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/photos-july201... | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/photos-july201... | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/photos-july201... | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/photos-july201... | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/photos-july201... | Audio | http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/pnoy/PNOY_Spee... |
Aquino wants local officials involved in illegal logging to be held accountable
DANAO CITY: Local officials who allowed illegal logging to continue in Mindanao and other parts of the country will be held accountable, President Benigno S. Aquino III said on Saturday during a Liberal Party event here in Danao City.
The Department of Interior and Local Government has asked the mayors in Agusan del Sur to explain why they should not be administratively charged for the rampant illegal logging in their areas that resulted to massive flooding last year causing large number of casualties and damage to infrastructure, the President said during his speech at the signing of the coalition agreement between the Liberal Party and Bakud Party here.
In an interview after the event, Interior and Local government Secretary Jessie Robredo said they have six mayors being administratively charged. All of the chief of police in the respective municipalities involved have already been relieved from their post, he said.
"Magpapaliwanag ang mga mayors. Ang show cause order --- hinihingi ang paliwanag why no administrative cases should be filed against all of them. Ang pinaka-minimum nito negligence for allowing it to happen. Kasi ang may primary accountability nito talaga 'yung checkpoints ng DENR. Tinanggal na lahat 'yon—31 of them—at tuloy-tuloy po ang kampanya," Robredo told reporters.
"Mahigpit ang bilin ng Pangulo na panagutin 'yung kailangang managot," he added saying they expect the numbers of local chief executives being charged to rise as the investigation continues.
The ongoing campaign against illegal logging is just the start, as the government widens its investigation to cover every province in the country, Robredo said. Just recently, the government confiscated illegally cut logs coming from Compostela Valley and Davao. There is also a mayor in northern Luzon who was charged for a similar offense, according to Robredo adding another incident in Isabela province involves a DENR Cenro in cahoots with a local businessman.
Mayors being charged could be reprimanded as the lightest punishment but could also be suspended as the harshest punishment, Robredo noted, adding that that mayors and other elected officials can't be removed from office even if they committed such offenses.
Aside from witnessing the signing of the coalition agreement, the President also attended the birthday celebration of Danao City Vice Mayor Ramon Durano III. Durano was also sworn in as a member of the Liberal Party.
Joining the President Saturday were, Transportation Secretary Manuel Roxas, Sen. Franklin Drilon, Energy Secretary Jose Rene Almendras, Budget Secretary Florencio Abad and Interior and Local Government Secretary Jessie Robredo. (as/3:55pm)
Aquino witnesses signing of agreement between Liberal Party and BAKUD Party in Danao City
DANAO CITY: President Benigno S. Aquino III attended Saturday the signing of agreement between the Liberal Party and the Barug Alang sa Kauswagan Ug Demokrasya (Bakud) Party saying the LP has found an ally that will strengthen the fight against corruption and help the party push reforms.
"Importante po makahanap tayo ng mga kasangga na talagang kasabay natin sa pagtahak sa tuwid na landas para naman talaga 'yung pagtitiis ng taumbayan at 'yung pag-asenso ay mangyari ngayon at hindi somewhere in the distant future," he said in his message during the event.
C O N T ... http://www.pcoo.gov.ph/archives2012/j...
Standard YouTube License
- 12:06 P-Noy's Speech during the signing of the GPH-MILF Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro, 15 Oct 2012by PCOO EDP 3,129 views
- 1:28:43 P-Noy's State of the Nation Address (SONA), 23 July 2012by PCOO EDP 21,109 views
- 0:55 Arrival in Masbate Cityby RTVMalacanang 7,679 views
- 13:16 EAT BULAGA : MR. POGI 06/21/12 # 1by drnotbu 2,501 views
- 4:18 DILG Sec. Jessie Robredo speech during the Pistay Dayat Commemorative Programby pinoy magasin 3,089 views
- 10:30 P-Noy's Speech at the Launching of Project NOAH, 06 July 2012by PCOO EDP 627 views
- 1:38 Can LP beat the Garcias in Cebuby rapplerdotcom 770 views
- 2:17 Manobo tribe: Governor wants us deadby TheABSCBNNews 868 views
- 1:26 Robredo brother: Dead or alive, I just want him foundby Rappler 9,756 views
- 8:18 Secretary Robredo State Funeralby Nil Maglas 919 views
- 4:08 DILG Secretary Robredo is missingby kantahanblues 9,430 views
- 3:37 Robredo family press conferenceby Rappler 51,789 views
- 3:30 President Benigno S. Aquino III, witnesses LP proclamation in Caviteby PTV PH 587 views
- 4:57 Secretary Jesse Robredo's body recovered, nation mournsby inquirernews 51,837 views
- 10:47 P-Noy's Speech at the 114th Foundation Day of the Department of Foreign Affairs, 26 July 2012by PCOO EDP 1,327 views
- 4:50 Impeachment Trial of President Joseph Estrada: Sen. Defensor-Santiago gets 'mad'by The Philippine Presidency Project go to http://filipinopresid... 43,282 views
- 2:20 Philippine Moros miss Gaddafi's supportby Al Jazeera English 22,110 views
- 1:00:01 P-Noy's Attendance at the Wallace Business Forum Roundtable Discussion, 04 July 2012by PCOO EDP 764 views
- 18:46 Death in the Forestby SBS Dateline 13,752 views
- 2:26 CHINA POSTPONED EXECUTION OF 3 FILIPINOSby 916edward 1,148,905 views
- Loading more suggestions...