This video is unavailable.
How To Make Friends At a New School
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 31, 2009
Watch more School Survival videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/374-Sch...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Learn how to make friends at a new school with these secrets of popular people.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Whether you like it or not, kids form initial opinions based on clothes, hair, and fashion sense. Make an extra effort to look your best those first few days. Looking good will boost your confidence, too!
You're not going to be rolling in friends on Day 1. Devote the first couple of weeks to laying solid groundwork.
Come out of your shell. If you're naturally shy, you don't have to fake a new personality. But try to avoid looking at the ground, and flash a smile once in a while. The easier you are to approach and start a conversation with, the more other kids will want to talk to you.
Find excuses to talk to people. Once you get a conversation going, be a good listener and offer up a compliment or two, no matter how small.
Build up a little courage and sit in the middle of the classroom to surround yourself with as many potential new friends as possible.
Get involved in the extra-curricular activities you enjoyed at your old school. Join a sports team, help with the yearbook, try out for a play -- anything that interests you. Joining a club or team is a great way to start because you have at least one thing in common with everyone in the room.
Cast a wide net -- don't just focus on the popular people. Making friends in different circles will open you up to more options.
Use the web. Sign up for a social-networking site and join your school's group page. Post some videos and pictures and write a few blog entries to showcase who you are. Kids at school will discover your personality through the web and all that small-talk torture will start to disappear.
Get a part-time job where you know fellow classmates work. Meeting kids outside of school and bonding over menial work is often a recipe for friendship.
Did You Know?
Between kindergarten and 12th grade, children in active-duty military families often change schools more than 12 times.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:40 How To Become More Popular Without Turning Meanby HowcastFeatured 221,957
- 1:52 How to Make Friends in a Crowd of Strangersby Howcast 121,521 views
- 1:42 How to Dress For Schoolby Howcast 338,543 views
- The Wonderful World of Zoe! 193 videos48K
- 2:24 How to Neutralize Mean Girlsby Howcast 161,110 views
- 1:46 How To Make a Secret Compartment in Your Wallby Howcast 833,973 views
- 5:25 How to Make Friends - Learn How to Make Friends Everywhere You Goby Noah Hammond 40,975 views
- 17:49 How to Survive High School & My Experiencesby RachhLoves 65,523 views
- 10 videos Play all Some make friends videos - how to make more friendsby MakeFriendsGuide
- 8:53 How To Make GOOD Friends!by Euchante 95,378 views
- 2:12 How To Detect a Lieby Howcast 1,764,368 views
- 1:44 How to Study for a Long Time without Getting Boredby Howcast 466,462 views
- 4:08 How To Eat Sushi At a Restaurantby Howcast 806,482 views
- 2:10 How To Find Someone To Sit With in the Cafeteriaby Howcast 30,002 views
- 1:59 How To Stop Laughing in Inappropriate Situationsby Howcast 334,039 views
- 2:07 How To Tell If a Guy Likes Youby Howcast 1,747,125 views
- 1:09 How to Whistle with Your Fingersby Howcast 2,736,082 views
- 2:15 How To Survive a School or Office Shootingby Howcast 447,747 views
- 3:43 how to make friends at a new schoolby ainsxoxo 9,683 views
- 2:14 How To Act If You're Stopped By the Policeby Howcast 1,431,992 views
- 1:36 How to Deal with an Annoying Younger Siblingby Howcast 206,974 views
- 1:59 How To Stop Being Lazyby Howcast 444,976 views
- Loading more suggestions...