This video is unavailable.
Philips Carousel for Cinema 21:9 TV
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 26, 2009
For the full experience visit: http://www.philips.com/cinema
Philips rolls out the red carpet for Cinema 21:9 with a cinematic experience exclusively created for online
As any movie lover can tell you, watching a movie at home with the black bars really takes away much of the magic. To experience a movie as it was intended to be watched, Philips developed the worlds first cinematic proportion TV called Cinema 21:9.
Cinema 21:9 has a unique aspect ratio that replicates cinematic proportions and finally removes the black bars found on every other 16:9 TV. Complete with three sided Ambilight, best understood as surround sound for eyes, and Philips award winning picture quality, Cinema 21:9 provides a truly cinematic experience at home.
It was this cinematic experience that was the focus of the larger integrated campaign. To announce the launch, Tribal DDB devised a strategy to create a truly cinematic experience online.
"Cinema 21:9 really is the last word in home movie viewing, said Neil Dawson DDBs Global Creative Director for Philips. Now you can watch a movie exactly as the Director viewed it through the camera. Tribal DDB Amsterdam have matched that with a truly epic site that you'll want to view again and again. Just like any great film really."
At the heart of the site, www.philips.com/cinema, is a cinematic event; a movie, directed by Adam Berg of Stink Digital, filmed as one single tracking shot that lasts 2 minutes and 19 seconds. Within the film are three more films, taking the viewer back in time to give the viewer an insight into how the film was made.
Chris Baylis, Tribal DDB Amsterdams Creative Director for Philips said The challenge was always to create a truly cinematic experience online. Just putting a regular movie online wouldnt have worked, we had to create an interactive event that worked as cinema and as an exceptional site.
As users explore, they are educated about the qualities of Philips Ambilight LCD TVs. The Director of Photography talks about the importance of light to his shot, the Director talks about cinematic proportions and how Cinema 21:9 works, and the Visual Effects Supervisor explains the importance of Picture Quality to the film making process.
Everything about the site is designed to be cinematic - the title sequence that doubles as a loader, the interactive film score composed by Michael Fakesch, and even the way the user chooses their connection speed has been designed to mimic the cinema experience.
Additionally, at any time the user can see for themselves what the difference between 21:9 and 16:9 is really like, Ambilight can be turned on or off, and users can grab the film and move it back and forth. The interactive score responds to this and plays both backwards and forwards.
Gary Raucher, Head of Integrated Marketing Communications at Philips said, The launch of a ground-breaking product required a ground-breaking campaign. Cinema 21:9 is a world first, and we required a digital presence to match it. The new Cinema 21:9 website enables movie lovers to fully experience how Philips has brought the cinematic viewing experience home."
The site is live in UK, Germany, France, The Netherlands and Sweden, and will be rolled-out to 13 additional countries between mid April and the end of May.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:33 REVIEW: Philips Cinema 21:9 TVby WhathifiTvFeatured 23,831
- 2:20 Philips "Carousel"by Pra. Cynthia Ferreira 10,652 views
- 20:26 LOOM 4K Short Film [HD]: From Luke Scott, Ridley Scott & RED Cameraby ENTV 197,355 views
- 1:02 Uncharted 3 on Philips 21:9 Gold (50")by Darren Evans 33,526 views
- 5:59 Sneak Peek, VIZIO 21:9 aspect ratio TVby eGuiders 12,060 views
- 2:04 Philips Cinema 21:9 58PFL9955H Unboxing - Mounting - Watching (58PFL9956H)by DougHeffernan2009 30,969 views
- Philips 3,495 videos6K
- 4:56 Teste Philips GOLD 21:9 + Celular LG Optimus 3Dby oguiperez 84,020 views
- 3:37 Philips 21:9 Cinema, M3 kollar inby IDGSweden 5,322 views
- 3:31 Philips Home Cinema 21:9 58PFL9956H Platinum TVby FIGHTTHECABLE 10,337 views
- 101 videos Play all commercialsby EldarSalavatov
- 3:24 GADGET: Philips Cinema 21:9by gamereactorTV 6,736 views
- 2:57 Philips versus The Sunby PhilipsVersus 289,854 views
- 7:49 Philips 3D LED TV launch in Barcelona 2010 (recordere.dk)by recordere 97,994 views
- 3:01 Philips Cinema - Parallel Lines - Dead Awake, by Kris Kosterby Kris Koster 6,763 views
- 1:00 Gadgets 2009- Philips 21:9 HDTVby Amit Bar-Lev 8,731 views
- 0:45 The Other Guys - Bar Scene HDby Torulethemall 35,871 views
- 2:10 Philips presenta el Cinema 21:9 Goldby PhilipsInteractiva 16,452 views
- 3:24 Cannes Lions 2009 Grand Prix : CAROUSEL - PHILIPS CINEMA 21:9 / TRIBAL DDB AMSTERDAMby laadmosfera 52,511 views
- 4:13 Philips 2010 3D Cinema 21:9by flatpanelshd 57,311 views
- 2:17 CSI on CBS (Carousel rip off)by urbankinetic 5,167 views
- 1:11 Cannes 2010 Grand Prize Winner - Frankencouchby MOFILMchannel 154,308 views
- Loading more suggestions...