Philips Carousel for Cinema 21:9 TV
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 26, 2009
For the full experience visit: http://www.philips.com/cinema
Philips rolls out the red carpet for Cinema 21:9 with a cinematic experience exclusively created for online
As any movie lover can tell you, watching a movie at home with the black bars really takes away much of the magic. To experience a movie as it was intended to be watched, Philips developed the worlds first cinematic proportion TV called Cinema 21:9.
Cinema 21:9 has a unique aspect ratio that replicates cinematic proportions and finally removes the black bars found on every other 16:9 TV. Complete with three sided Ambilight, best understood as surround sound for eyes, and Philips award winning picture quality, Cinema 21:9 provides a truly cinematic experience at home.
It was this cinematic experience that was the focus of the larger integrated campaign. To announce the launch, Tribal DDB devised a strategy to create a truly cinematic experience online.
"Cinema 21:9 really is the last word in home movie viewing, said Neil Dawson DDBs Global Creative Director for Philips. Now you can watch a movie exactly as the Director viewed it through the camera. Tribal DDB Amsterdam have matched that with a truly epic site that you'll want to view again and again. Just like any great film really."
At the heart of the site, www.philips.com/cinema, is a cinematic event; a movie, directed by Adam Berg of Stink Digital, filmed as one single tracking shot that lasts 2 minutes and 19 seconds. Within the film are three more films, taking the viewer back in time to give the viewer an insight into how the film was made.
Chris Baylis, Tribal DDB Amsterdams Creative Director for Philips said The challenge was always to create a truly cinematic experience online. Just putting a regular movie online wouldnt have worked, we had to create an interactive event that worked as cinema and as an exceptional site.
As users explore, they are educated about the qualities of Philips Ambilight LCD TVs. The Director of Photography talks about the importance of light to his shot, the Director talks about cinematic proportions and how Cinema 21:9 works, and the Visual Effects Supervisor explains the importance of Picture Quality to the film making process.
Everything about the site is designed to be cinematic - the title sequence that doubles as a loader, the interactive film score composed by Michael Fakesch, and even the way the user chooses their connection speed has been designed to mimic the cinema experience.
Additionally, at any time the user can see for themselves what the difference between 21:9 and 16:9 is really like, Ambilight can be turned on or off, and users can grab the film and move it back and forth. The interactive score responds to this and plays both backwards and forwards.
Gary Raucher, Head of Integrated Marketing Communications at Philips said, The launch of a ground-breaking product required a ground-breaking campaign. Cinema 21:9 is a world first, and we required a digital presence to match it. The new Cinema 21:9 website enables movie lovers to fully experience how Philips has brought the cinematic viewing experience home."
The site is live in UK, Germany, France, The Netherlands and Sweden, and will be rolled-out to 13 additional countries between mid April and the end of May.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:33 Philips Carousel explainedby JamesOliverEvanYoung67,974 views
- 4:56 Teste Philips GOLD 21:9 + Celular LG Optimus 3Dby oguiperez112,911 views
- 1:38 Ambilight xl demo philips 8007 HDby danteion8715,073 views
- 3:31 Philips Home Cinema 21:9 58PFL9956H Platinum TVby FIGHTTHECABLE11,879 views
- 3:00 BABY TIME - Cédric Petitcollin - Philips Cinema - Parallel Linesby Cedric Petitcollin39,090 views
- 4:55 Philips Cinema - Parallel Lines: The Foundlingby philipscinematv108,376 views
- Philips 4,457 videos11K
- 9:24 PHILIPS Pure Essential Food Processorby Nisha Veloo197,252 views
- 4:58 The Gift, by Carl Erik Rinsch (1080p) HDby lostfog9,418 views
- 3:00 Philips Cinema - Parallel Lines - 'Coming Home' by William Walsh (HD)by Billy Walsh10,388 views
- 102 videos Play all commercialsby EldarSalavatov
- 7:49 Philips 3D LED TV launch in Barcelona 2010 (recordere.dk)by recordere101,563 views
- 2:46 Philips TV manufacturing and logisticsby MediaLogicPR9,469 views
- 23:43 Ms. Philips CAN GET IT! BULLYby DashieGames48,546 views
- 4:13 Philips 2010 3D Cinema 21:9by Flatpanels57,745 views
- 2:10 Philips presenta el Cinema 21:9 Goldby PhilipsInteractiva17,639 views
- 5:38 Star Wars III with Ambilight [HD]by anakin4917076,776 views
- 5:48 Philips Hue Wireless LED Lighting: Unboxing & Reviewby DetroitBORG126,147 views
- 5:16 Philips 47PFL7008 - Ambilight, Menu, Lounge Light & SmartTV HDby x-mati27,047 views
- 2:18 L'age de glace 4 La dérive des continents - HD - Ambilight - 46PFL8007by Gexjere19,400 views