III - Full Set with Sean McKeown and Liam O'Connor (III)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 23, 2008
Born into a musical family in Dublin, his father Mick is a renowned music historian, flute-player and former member of the Castle Ceili Band. Liam is still in his early 20s and has recently qualified as a national school teacher. In 2002 Liam was awarded the prestigious TG4, Young Traditional Musician of the Year".
Liam absorbed much music in the home and began fiddle lessons with Seamus Glackin at the age of 8 and he credits Seamus with having developed and sustained his deep interest in traditional fiddle music. Liam completed all eight grades of classical violin with distinction in the College of Music, Chatham Row, Dublin and is an accomplished concertina player.
He has won 5 All Ireland fiddle and slow air championships, won the Oireachtas fiddle competition at junior and senior levels. Liam has been asked to teach at the Willie Clancy Summer School, Scoil Acla, The Frankie Kennedy Winter School and The Joe Mooney Summer School in Drumshanbo. He has toured and played extensively in Ireland in combination with Sean McKeown, Liam O'Flynn, Noel Hill and Harry Bradley. Television appearances include The Raw Bar and Fleadh Cheoil. Liam has played concerts in the USA, France and Italy.
Sean grew up listening to music at home on Dublin with his parents Gay McKeown (uilleann pipes) and Mary Corcoran (fiddle and piano) being his earliest influences. He began playing the tin whistle at the age of 6 under the guidance of Maureen McGrattan. Within two years Sean progressed to the uilleann pipes. Sean's first and only formal lessons came from Sean Og Potts. At a young age Sean took an interest in the older generation od musicians, such as, Seamus Ennis, Patsy Touhey and James Morrison. It was this keen interest in recordings of older musicians that helped shape Sean's approach to piping.
By the age of 15 Sean had amassed a total of 5 Fleadh Ceoil na hEireann titles and within a month of turning 18 he had won the senior Oireactas solo competition. In recent years Sean has performed with Noel Hill, Robbie Hannan and (fiddle player)Sean Keane as well as forging an exciting duet with fiddle player Liam O'Connor. He has toured Europe performing and teaching music and continues to teach at Na Pioibairi Uilleann as well as at various traditional music events like the Willie Clancy Summer School, South Sligo Summer School and Frankie Kennedy Winter School. Sean plays a full set of concert pitch pipes made by Cillian O Briain and released a recording in 2005 that features both his own music and that of his brother, Conor, and his father, Gay.
Sean was honoured to be awarded the 2005 TG4 Young Traditional Musician of the Year.
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - III - Full Set with Sean McKeown and Liam O'Connor (III)
- 6:54 "Pipes Solo - Lark in the Morning", Cillian Vallely & Alan Murrayby imtfolk25,708 views
- 6:16 III - Full Set with Sean McKeown and Liam O'Connor (IV)by zonafolk7,541 views
- 8:01 IV - Full Set with Matt Molloy and John Carty (II)by zonafolk31,872 views
- 7:45 The Fox Chase.by clarebannerman57,511 views
- 4:03 Christy Moore, Farmer Michael Hayes, LateLate Showby xfactorupdates17,372 views
- 26:32 Miles & Miles of Music - Seamus Ennis - 1975by Patrick D'Arcy977 views
- 5:34 Mikie Smith, Uilleann Pipesby Gravel Walks31,290 views
- 6:13 Seamus Ennis Easter Snow Liam O'Flynn Catherine Ennisby DochasIontach11,562 views
- 8:01 IV - Full Set with Matt Molloy and John Carty (I)by zonafolk24,639 views
- 3:15 Na Filíby clarebannerman10,872 views
- 6:43 Jarleth Henderson, Uilleann pipes, and Andy May, Northumbrian pipesby LBPSoc24,574 views
- 4:17 Seán McKeon, Conor McEvoy, John Blake - Traditional Irish Music from LiveTrad.comby Livetrad2,790 views
- 3:52 Liam O'Flynn, Arty McGlynn & Rod McVey O'Rourkes & Colonel Fraser's Reelby Padraig Rynne7,261 views
- 5:02 Michael McGoldrick on Uilleann pipes in Christ Church Dublin for Tradfest 2012.by digitaldarragh62,282 views
- 4:06 Sheila Friel at Na Píobairí Uilleannby Lucanpiper21,675 views
- 4:27 Irish song & dance - Seán Keane - Medley on the Late Lateby Sportymike24,816 views
- 4:30 FullSet - The Heathery Cruach, Duiske Abbey 2011by FullSetMusic5,919 views
- 2:32 Uilleann Piper --- Mick O'Brienby clarebannerman38,709 views
- 3:29 Liam O Flynn hornpipesby sluggermcwilliams3,302 views
- 3:09 Bagpipes and Uilleann Pipes Duet - Brilliant!by Gravel Walks122,468 views
- Loading more suggestions...