RAWGASMIC Raw Dinner Recipe *QUICK & EASY*
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 15, 2010
I share my dinner with ya'll tonight! I like to keep it on the simple side these days, and encourage you to do the same, especially if you're new to raw food, or simply a really busy person wanting to keep it on the raw side.
I share a very quick & easy 100% raw (vegan) dinner (lunch, breakfast, snack) that anyone can make. This salad and smoothie took me altogether about 10 minutes to make!
I rarely measure anything so I don't have the exact ratios for everything (particularly the salad) but I'm sure you guys & gals can figure out how much of everything you should put in. Seriously, you can't really go wrong with a salad, as long as you have a variety of fruits, veggies, fats & herbs. Anyway, here's what I put in my salad:
(BTW, everything is organic!)
finely diced red onions- you can use sweet onion or green instead if you prefer
chopped mango, peach & pineapple
sunflower sprouts (get into eating sprouts if you don't already- one of the most nutritious foods you could eat!!!)
(pitted) dates- honey or medjool
soaked almonds (you want to soak them to release the enzyme inhibitors, so you can digest them better & increase the nutrition)
juice of half a lemon- add more depending on preference
chopped onion salt, pepper, cayenne pepper & cinnamon to taste
sprinkle honey over top (about a tsp- more or less)
organic, cold pressed olive oil (1-2 tsp)
fresh chopped cilantro, basil, parsley and mint- if you're making just one big salad for yourself, I recommend chopping up about a quarter cup of herbs altogether. Obviously you don't want that much if you're using dried herbs.
Green Smoothie Recipe:
2 big handfuls of baby spinach
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen mango
1 tsp organic, raw (virgin) coconut oil (look into the amazing health benefits of coconut oil!!!)
1 tsp hulled hemp seed
1/8 tsp cinnamon (more or less)
Honey to taste. FYI, adding extra sweeteners isn't necessary. Quite often, the fruit in the smoothie is sweet enough, but sometimes, I like a little more sweetness. Raw, organic honey is a great choice because of the health benefits, but there are other natural sweeteners that work too.
About 1 cup of water (Something I didn't add to this smoothie, but do quite often is a big chunk of ginger- mmmm) Try it if you haven't already!
There are a gazillion ways to make a delicious green smoothie, but the one I made in the video is one of my favs! One more of my favs (I'll throw it in as a bonus) is:
What I like to call "The Ultimate Alkalizing Green Smoothie!
2 Apples peeled (optional) and diced
The juice of 2 lemons (lemons are super alkalizing)
½ tsp Marine Phytoplankton (optional) or 1 tsp Spirulina
Peeled ginger root (a big chunk).
2-3 big handfuls of baby spinach
If you want more protein & essential fatty acids, add some hemp seed. This smoothie is amazing because you can't taste the spinach at all! (Kale is more noticeable, so I recommend going with baby spinach, especially if you're not a fan of greens)The lemon, apple & ginger disguise the spinach taste! I usually make a full blender of this fantastic, alkalizing stuff and sip it throughout the day, but you can half this recipe if you want.
Ok, how about one more- this is a little more decadent:
Leija's Choco Banana:
1 frozen banana (so it's similar to the consistency of icecream)
2 tbsp raw cacao (add more of less depending on preference)
1 tsp hemp seed
1/2 tsp-1 tsp of dulse, marine phytoplankton or spirulina
2 big handfuls baby spinach or other dark leafy greens
1 cup water, almond milk or... you could add 3/4 water and a tsp of some raw nut butter like raw macademia nut butter to make it super creamy and delish! mmm!
If you like cinnamon, add some cinnamon- Also a great combo! :) OHHH and if you want a smoothie that tastes like black forest cake, add frozen cherries to this recipe instead adding banana! YUM-MO!
The above recipes are pretty basic. You can also add more ingredients to both depending on your preference... Or not. :) Simple combos are quite often the best tasting and easiest on your digestive tract!
Have fun! Don't be afraid to experiment and get really creative! Raw food is supposed to be fun, delicious and totally rawgasmic! If you've never experienced a rawgasm.... Ooooh lordy, just wait! =D The more raw food you eat, the more sensitive your taste buds (and ALL your senses) will become!!!
For some great raw resources, check out this video & make sure to read the information section- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frptZ-...
Standard YouTube License
- 9:02 How To Raise Your Frequency- Leija's Advice! :)by LeijaTurunen63,038 views
- 4:52 Yummy Raw Almond Milk Recipe!by LeijaTurunen17,715 views
- 3:50 Leija's Green Smoothie Recipesby LeijaTurunen19,893 views
- 9:47 Gratitude, Love, Abundance, Law of Attraction, Manifestation, Nature & Permaculture, Ohhh My!!! =)by LeijaTurunen21,207 views
- 12:02 APPLE RAVIOLI- Amazing Raw Food Recipe by celebrity chef Carol Brotman, by Markusby Markus Rothkranz32,566 views
- 12:13 Simple Raw Food Recipe that tastes GREAT, episode #622by Matt Monarch6,298 views
- 6:33 Healthy Beet Juice Recipe - Quick And Easy To Make - www.TheDeliciousRevolution.comby DeliciousRevolution85,880 views
- 5:57 Quick Raw Food Recipe - Mushroom Soup, episode #634by Matt Monarch5,393 views
- 9:40 David Wolfe on SuperFoodsby lhkorn99154,148 views
- 9:53 Why money is so sought after. (Time/Space Idea)by Felipe Alexander17,209 views
- 8:33 Raw Vegan Recipes For Kids - Burgers (Best burgers on earth!)by Ka Sundance59,001 views
- 9:57 Raw Food Recipe - Zucchini Pasta with Marinara Sauce - A Raw Diet & Raw Recipeby LarryCook333261,588 views
- 9:39 Philip's Raw Food Recipe for Popcorn! #312by Kevin Gianni64,132 views
- 6:17 Why Do Some Raw Foodists & Vegans Look So Unhealthy??by Ka Sundance19,463 views
- 9:47 5 Reasons Why Eating Health / Raw Foods Will *NOT* Make You Healthyby Ka Sundance6,879 views
- 7:05 Raw Food Recipe - Mediterranean Kale - A Raw Diet & Raw Recipe Dinnerby LarryCook333112,535 views
- 6:19 California Rolls (p1) - A Healthy Raw Food Recipe For Beginnersby Jennifer Cornbleet69,462 views
- 4:26 BEFORE AND AFTER: RAW FOOD for Skin, Body, Nails, & Mind + MY GARDENby Averunks112,575 views
- 74 videos Play all Raw Food Dietby jobita
- 10:00 Raw Food Recipe-Vegetable Nori Rolls, Ep18by RawRadiantHealth21,316 views