The Beau Brummels - Laugh Laugh (Shindig)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 17, 2010
PLEASE NOTE: I divided my uploads between multiple channels, Bookmark this link in your browser for instant access to an index with links to all of John1948's oldies classics. LINK: http://tinyurl.com/Channel-Index
The Beau Brummels were an American rock band, formed in San Francisco in 1964. The band's original lineup included Sal Valentino (lead vocals), Ron Elliott (lead guitar), Ron Meagher (bass guitar), Declan Mulligan (rhythm guitar, bass, harmonica), and John Petersen (drums). Although their initial musical style blended beat music and folk music and typically drew comparisons to The Beatles, the Beau Brummels later worked with other music genres such as psychedelic rock and country rock.
The band broke into the mainstream with their debut single, "Laugh, Laugh," for which they would later be credited for setting the aesthetic foundation for the San Francisco Sound. The band's popularity continued with the subsequent album, 1965's Introducing the Beau Brummels, and top 10 single "Just a Little." Although the group's commercial success dwindled by the following year, their albums of the late 1960s received critical acclaim.
The band underwent several personnel changes, beginning with Mulligan's departure in 1965. Guitarist Don Irving joined the band in late 1965 when Elliott began to suffer seizures resulting from his diabetic condition, leaving him unable to tour with the band. Shortly after the release of Beau Brummels '66, Irving left the group when he received an induction notice into the armed forces. Petersen left to join Harpers Bizarre. The Beau Brummels were a trio for 1967's Triangle album. Meagher was drafted for military service in 1968, leaving Valentino and Elliott as the only remaining band members for that year's Bradley's Barn album. The duo parted ways in 1969 to record solo material and participate in projects by other artists. The five original Beau Brummels reformed in 1974, and the band released an eponymous album the following year.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:35 Question Mark & The Mysterians - 96 Tearsby bze2nlz4Featured 723,686
- 2:20 Beau Brummels - Just A Littleby John1948OneD 20,587 views
- 2:33 the Zombies - She's Not There (1964)by mijmijrm 402,102 views
- 2:05 Beau Brummels - "Just a Little" - Shindigby RobbiesVideoArchives 160,044 views
- 2:42 The Outsiders - Time Won't Let Me ('66)by Valhalla845 35,855 views
- 2:01 The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Dragby SeaOvJapan 1,745,967 views
- 2:40 The Standells - Dirty Waterby David Bryant 659,290 views
- 2:11 The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing (1965 appearance - Shindig)by John1948Five 114,592 views
- 2:06 The Searchers - Needles And Pins ('64)by Your Music Jukebox...50s-60s 814,830 views
- 2:57 The Cowsils_ The Rain, The Park, & Other Thingsby kelldul 1,272,722 views
- 1:53 The Castaways - HD STEREO - Liar Liarby Anna May Wong 541,430 views
- 3:30 Werewolves Of Londonby Nina Co 1,094,148 views
- 3:05 The Yardbirds - Heart Full of Soul (Rock 'n' Roll Gold Mine, British Invasion)by John1948ThirteenB 187,142 views
- 38 videos Play all Beau Brummelsby ParanArtRock
- 2:45 Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermintsby ShairedAccount41B 1,287,730 views
- 1:58 Walk Away Renee - The left Bankeby Lillibit90 932,978 views
- 2:16 Paul Revere and The Raiders - Kicksby Astra Hart 812,044 views
- 2:50 The Hollies - Carrie Anneby thecatkeaton 5,148,824 views
- 2:07 Music Machine - 'Talk Talk'by 60sgaragebands 146,053 views
- 3:56 The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn!by embryonicsoul 2,317,125 views
- 1:59 Beverly Bivens Of We Five Returns After 40 Year Retirement 9/24/09by RumandCocaCola44 145,840 views
- Loading more suggestions...