Published on Nov 13, 2012
Athletes find a way to say a whole lot of nothing during their post-game press conferences. STNTV takes you inside the losing presser and drops the best losing sports cliches of all-time...all in one press conference.
Jason Riley: http://twitter.com/jason_riley
JillianVita Lore: http://twitter.com/jillianvita
Best Losing #SportsCliches
• You know, it's tough.
• I felt like both teams played really hard.
• But it came down to execution.
• We have to bring our A game night in and night out.
• And do a better job at cutting down on mistakes.
• But at the end of the day.
• You make sure you leave it all out there on the field.
• Well, it was a great team effort.
• But it's a game of inches, not of feet.
• And we have to learn how to close out games.
• And make sure we cut down on mistakes.
• I mean, this team looks good on paper, but the game is not played on paper.
• At the end of the day, we didn't execute.
• You gotta' tip your hat to them.
• And you know, I give them a lot of credit.
• They just wanted it more than we did.
• Well, it's a marathon, not a sprint.
• And we have to get back to the drawing board.
• And make sure we take it one day at a time.
• We have overcome a lot of adversity
• And this team has showed a lot of heart.
• I'm really proud of the way our guys hung in there.
• But the ball just didn't bounce our way.
• If we take it one day at a time
• And understand that it's a marathon, not a sprint,
• And find a way to put this loss behind us
• We'll continue to improve.
• Well look, we have nothing to be ashamed of.
• We left it all out there on the field
• And it was a total team effort.
• You hate to see that kind of thing happen,
• But Ya' know, tomorrow's a new day.
• The players have to play, and the coaches have to coach.
• We just have to find a way to put this loss behind us
• Make sure we hold our heads up high
• Remember that it's a long season
• And continue to take this thing one game at a time.