THE ULTIMATE RC F-16 VIDEO
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 7, 2011
Just a collection of older clips of my Phase 3 F-16 edf. The whole model is hand painted in the USAF Thunderbirds scheme except for the insignia and a couple of the smaller squadron badges, which were printed out.
Some of the clips were filmed while the plane was still stock powered with a 3 cell battery,with a top speed of around 70mph. I then stripped out the powerplant and fitted a Wicked EDF Extreme Motor 5400KV from Dons Rc, to the stock 3 blade 55mm fan, 60 amp esc and a high powered 4 cell battery. This increased the top speed to just over 100mph, and gave the plane over 1:1 thrust to weight ratio. Some of the flyby clips seen here, were coming out of a shallow dive downwind, and clocked at 115mph using doppler software. Filming a small model at this speed on film takes some skill, and a fair amount of nerve, as some of the flybys were very close to the camerawoman, and the slightest wrong move at 115mph could be very hazardous for your health! The first flyby clip was filmed by my friend Glen who always had a nervous laugh after a danger close high speed flyby!
The new power set up also reduced flying time to around 3.5 minutes, so only had a limited amount of high speed footage i could use to make this video.
If you were wondering what the stick seen hanging out of the back of the exhaust in a couple of clips was- It was a sparkler. I wanted to capture a good afterburner effect as the sparks are blown from the exhaust, but you couldnt really see it well in the day time, and i was not brave enough to fly it at night.
I had to bribe my kids with a lot of sweets to wear those jet helmets and do the Topgun style 'high 5', but i wanted a little creative humour for you, amidst the serious business of dad playing with his toy plane!
Lucas really did take those still photos when he was only 3 years old, also using sweets to bribe him again!! But i did use pc software to zoom into the photos to make the plane look closer. Even so, it takes a special talent for a 3 year old to capture someting so small and so fast with a basic compact digital camera!
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Vertigo" on
- 10:51 F-16 Fighting Falcon 360 Degree Vector! Super Scale RC EDF JET Flight Review in HD!by bananahobby Featured 374,783
- 9:52 Must see: F-16 engine start & take-offby Ingo Breuer214,661 views
- 5:39 THE ULTIMATE RC DOGFIGHT!by dancindestroyer15,467 views
- 5:08 RC Lander F-16 - total crash - outside view, onboard cameraby GaryX100128,669 views
- 8:36 HobbyPeople F-16 EDF Jet flight review Phase 3 EF-16by MikeysRC14,852 views
- 10:24 F-16 Falcon Thunderbirds 50mm EDF RC RTF Jet! FLIGHT REVIEW in HD!by bananahobby134,752 views
- 9:26 F-16 B-Course Graduation Videoby Tony Sullivan442,561 views
- 8:00 F-15 Super Fast Rc Jet Turbine Valley Flyersby AXHEJAZ50,199 views
- 6:58 F-16 vs GRIPEN vs JF-17 vs LCAby HaroonAntibody29,488 views
- 5:02 BIG F 16 rc airplane jet turbine engine fast passes NAMFI 2009 SMMACby Hacker8675309 Hackstyle Videos14,746 views
- 4:24 Very high speed F-16by 420zzzboy33,663 views
- 15:00 MIG-29 Twin 70mm 360 Degree Thrust Vectoring RTF EDF JET! Flight Review in HD!by bananahobby1,814,107 views
- 4:42 Awesome Huge F-16 R/C Turbine Power Jetby marvinf1435,723 views
- 19:06 ZR1 Vette vs Jet! - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Races A U.S. Navy Fighter Jetby MotorTrend11,807,304 views
- 6:55 F-16 RC Lander FPV Onboard Cockpit Camera Maiden Flightby GaryX1001131,971 views
- 3:52 Crazy F-16 Pilot!by TheCorrompus527,698 views
- 4:09 E-Flite F-16 ED 400 Modified RC - Top Speed 109 mph!by rolexcomex13,039 views
- 3:47 RC Lander F-16 crashby GaryX10014,209 views
- 5:38 Huge 1/5 Scale F-16 R/C Turbine Power Maiden Flightby marvinf1458,172 views
- 7:27 Phase 3 EF-16 First Videoby youtwoba3,816 views
- Loading more suggestions...