Aviation Graveyard - Kingman Arizona..!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 17, 2011
The Recent Loss Of The B-17, Christened "Liberty Belle", Has Inspired Me To Do This Video. The Images For This Video Are From My Treasured Collection Of Heartbreaking Photos From Kingman Arizona 1947 - 1948...
Kingman Arizona, Was The Location Of This Graveyard For Aircraft After WWII. Thousands Of Perfectly Good Surviving Aircraft Were Put To Smelter At Kingman..!
I Find This Collection Of Photographs To Be MOST Eerie..!
Can You Imagine The Conversations That Took Place Among These Warriors When They Were Gathered Here, Knowing They Were Going To Smelter..!
WE Should Have Been Listening, To EVERY TALE THEY TOLD...
These Machines Of War And The Brave Men Associated With THEM. ARE Responsible For The America That WE Know Today.
If EVER There Was Sacred GROUND It Was HERE..!
They Should Have Been Fenced In And Left @ Peace For ALL To Marvel..!
To Forever TELL Their Tales To Each Other, And Those That Understand..!
As THEY WERE The Most BEAUTIFUL Representations On Earth, Of Machines Designed To Do An Unpleasant Job..!
"The tumult and the shouting have died away. The B-17's and B-24's will never again assemble into strike formation in the bitter cold of embattled skies. Never again will the musical thunder of their passage cause the very earth to tremble, the source of sound lost in infinity and seeming to emanate from all things, visible and invisible.The great deep-throated engines are forever silent, replaced by the flat, toneless roar of the jets and the rockets.
But, on bleak and lonely winter nights in the English Midlands, ghost squadrons take off silently in the swirling mist of the North Sea from ancient weed-choked runways, and wing away toward the east, never to return. On other nights the deserted woodlands ring with unheard laughter and gay voices of young men and young women who once passed that way.
Recollections of all these fade a little with each passing year until at last there will finally remain only the indelible records of the all-seeing Master of the Universe to recall the deeds of valor excelled by no other nation, arm, or service. These sacred scrolls will forever remain the heritage of the free and untrampled people of this earth."
Colonel Budd Peasley, C.O. 384th Bomb Group (H), 8th Air Force
As Posted In These Comments By "MY FRIEND WELDER"...
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Like Rock & Roll And Radio" on
- 45:03 Greatest Mysteries of WWII: Hitler's Stealth Fighter 720Pby SuperiorHistoryFeatured 1,583,916
- 2:49 recently discovered disturbing German war footage: fake or fiction?by beetlejuic150 1,614,963 views
- 2:13 Liberty Belle Flying Fortress B17 Her last ride. SHE IS BEING RESTORED!by RideswithChuck 168,729 views
- 1:09 Liberty Belle B-17 Emergency Landing Fireby AVweb 368,948 views
- 7:05 MOJAVE AIRPORT - AIRPLANE GRAVEYARD (extended edition)by ivolva 20,711 views
- 9:16 B-24 Liberator, Lady Be Goodby mj268364 186,523 views
- 0:26 Smart Chinese trapped aircraft carrier...by infantrymasterWIC 479,388 views
- 6:32 Lost aircraft carriers of World War IIby YamatoTitanic 147,030 views
- 3:06 William Bauer, Donitz's Steath Submarineby scapa6 130,900 views
- 39:55 B-17 Bombing Missions in Color: "The Memphis Belle" 1944 US Army Air Forces in World War IIby Jeff Quitney 169,559 views
- 2:41 Lost Airplane Graveyard (Ep. 1 Seg 2)by tradeaplanetv 273,626 views
- 12:37 "September Fury" and "La Patrona" depart Planes of Fame for Reno Air Racesby POFmuseum 73,479 views
- 9:54 Djebel Uweinat 2008by Stefano Laberio 38,970 views
- 4:49 Aircraft Graveyard - Last flight of an MD80by contrail777 344,770 views
- 7:43 Corsair Restoration Project Episode 1 & 2 - Joining Technologies & Connecticut Corsairby JoiningTech 332,517 views
- 1:55 The Maunsell Sea Fortsby undergroundkent 165,218 views
- 10:43 THISTLEGORM 08by andoniasenjo 780,469 views
- 5:13 WW2 Shocking P-47 video,coloured and realby kokangerko 2,122,487 views
- 1:47 Lost WW2 warplane frozen in time 11.05.12by BritishForcesNews 151,735 views
- 7:42 Aircraft Graveyard - Tucson, Arizona. Part 2by ivolva 56,823 views
- Loading more suggestions...