Uploaded on Jan 25, 2012
In this video we will learn how to make a simple financial spreadsheet.
Tech Recipe Guide 101: How to Make a Spreadsheet
Spreadsheets are one of the most useful and most productive computer applications that we have ever seen. They can help increase productivity for many purposes, and are especially for business owners. In any office productivity suite, a spreadsheet would surely be found. Examples of Productivity Suites are Microsoft Office and Open Office. The spread sheet programs you will find in these suites are Microsoft Office Excel and OpenOffice Calc. Because there are a many components to using spreadsheets, newbies usually find spreadsheets to be difficult to use. For this purpose we will show you how to make a spreadsheet.
For a simple example we will make a financial report using Microsoft Excel. Here are the steps of how to make a spreadsheet:
1. Open MS Excel.
2. You will see different a sheet made up of cells: a. Columns labeled with letters (A, B, C...) b. Rows with numbers (1, 2, 3...).
3. Note that each cell is addressed depending on the column and row that it belongs. a. For example, the very first cell in the leftmost column is cell A1.
4. Select A1 and enter the word 'Item'.
5. Select cell B1 and enter the word 'Cost'.
6. Select cell A2 and enter the word 'Printing'.
7. Select cell B2 and enter $100.00. a. Tip: By clicking outside any cell, the numbers or words you have typed will automatically be kept.
8. Select cell A3 and enter the word 'Postage'.
9. Select cell B3 and enter $85.00.
10. Select cell A4 and enter the word 'Envelopes'.
11. Select cell B4 and enter $42.00.
12. Click on cell A5 and type 'Total'.
13. Select cell A5 and enter '=SUM(B2:B4)'.
14. If you click on any cell within the spreadsheet, you will see 227.00.
15. Save your work.
The version of Excel that we used today is MS Excel is 2010. The instructions we presented here on how to make a spreadsheet are also applicable to earlier versions. Spreadsheets can also be used for more specific applications such as how to make mailing labels from excel.
Standard YouTube License