"Deeper into the Himalayas" Directgb's photos around Vashisht, nr Manali, Himachal Pradesh state
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 15, 2010
Preview of Directgb's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-...
This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator.
Entry from: Vashisht, nr M****i, Himachal Pradesh state, India
Entry Title: "Deeper into the Himalayas"
"Took the overnight bus, which got us through some twisty road passes to M****i, arriving at 5.30 am ahead of schedule. Not too easy to get anyone with spare accommodation at that hour of day, as most guest houses allow people to stay until noon before checking out. However one cafe was just opening so was a good chance to get breakfast. I joined 4 travellers who had been on the same bus, a Danish couple, and an English guy and Swedish guy who had met up and began travelling together and share rooms. I found someone in attendance where I wanted to stay, so agreed to take the room, without seeing it, that would become free later, and left my bags in her office. I spent a lot of the day checking out the many cafes and resaurants, in part to find Pete, who is a friend I met in Goa two Novembers ago. He is very infrequent at checking his email, and although he replied to say he was in this village, did not say where he could be found; so I left him a message of where I would be. I ended up in a cafe that had a guitar I could borrow; and made my cups of tea last a very long time; was also figuring since Pete was a guitar player, he may find his way to this place sooner or later. Met the group of 4, English Jonathon and his Swedish friend, and had dinner at the same rooftop restaurant - we were joined later by the Danish couple, who had eaten elsewhere as they were celebrating the girl's birthday. The following day, I walked the 5 km or so into M****i, which is more of a small town than a village like the place I am staying. Checked out various transport options - getting south to Chandigargh, also going north over the second highest motor vehicle-accessible pass in the world (over 5,000 metres above sea level); found this can be done, but only by jeep at this time of year; prices seemed not unreasonable. Finally on Monday midday, (still no email reply from him), I found Pete hanging out enjoying the balcony view from one of the upper-storey restaurants deeper into the centre of the village. We spent a lot of time catching up on each other's travel tales, and wound up at one of Pete's preferred cafes where he can play his favourite game of backgammon. I managed to take a couple of the games, but felt very rusty at the rules, let alone forming a decent strategy, but it was fun, and thats what matters, right?"
Read and see more at: http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog-...
Photos from this trip:
1. "Distant waterfall view"
2. "Donkeys being led in early morning."
3. "Lively market"
4. "Mountain scene 1"
5. "Mountainside and temple"
6. "Nearby snow peaks"
7. "Newly built temple in Vashisht"
8. "Once made in Britain, still going strong in India"
9. "Pete stops to sniff a flower"
10. "Rooftop view"
11. "School's not finished, but lets have assembly !"
12. "Temple in Old M****i"
13. "The village (Vashisht) where I stayed"
14. "The way home from school"
15. "Traditional Himalayan farm building"
17. "Trees 2"
18. "Very large pine tree (with Pete)"
19. "Village and mountain view"
See this TripWow and more at http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwo...
Standard YouTube License
- 58:59 Himalaya with Michael Palin - part 1 - North by Northwestby bratanciprian130,758 views
- 52:47 02. A LA SOMBRA DEL HIMALAYA - TVE - 2001 (Audio Esp.)by SERESdeSONHO10,709 views
- 49:08 GANGES or GANGA - A COMPLETE Documentary: [MUST WATCH]by kalpavata604,022 views
- 48:16 National Geografic-Himalaya,el techo del mundoby Vacío Aéreo19,715 views
- 12:18 खज्जियार Khajjiar-Mini Switzerland Of India-Chamba,Himachal.by SIDDHYOGA JHEEL43,520 views
- 58:58 Himalaya with Michael Palin - part 3 - Annapurna to Everestby bratanciprian104,397 views
- 11:58 NAGGAR CASTLE MANALI HIMACHAL PRADESH AMAZING VIDEOby SIDDHYOGA JHEEL4,741 views
- 47:10 Faujiye Di Family - [ Himachali Comedy Movie]by Anil Rangra35,933 views
- 20:46 Himachal Pradeshby Incredible India6,174 views
- 9:51 Rammed Earth Mud House / Homestay in the Himalayasby andycouturier11,797 views
- 5:14 ASON TOLE , BAZAAR , Kathmandu, Nepalby tintala61,207 views
- 9:59 Himachali Marriage near Lad Bharol ( Distt Mandi )by Tilak Bhatia27,249 views
- 3:51 AMAZING BEAUTY OF BEAS AT KULLU MANALI (HIMACHAL) & SUN SET FROM NAGGAR CASTLE.by SIDDHYOGA JHEEL16,937 views
- 59:04 Non Stop Pahadi Natiyaan - Himachali Back To Back Video Songsby tseriesregional62,125 views
- 5:27 Rohtang Pass - Manali, Himachal Pradeshby amitava kundu112,568 views
- 5:02 Malana Village shop.... Parvati Valley..... Himachal Pradesh......North Indiaby danny coyle1,878 views
- 9:57 HD Paragliding in Manali, Himachal Pradesh. Himalayasby Jose Thomas13,392 views
- 3:54 Vashishtby SHMishel256 views
- 9:52 Akshardham, The 8th Wonder of The World-Louise and Stuart's Amazing India Travelsby portaltoindia446,618 views
- 7:31 Manali village, Himachal Pradesh, India (2006).by vladamikulec204,115 views
- Loading more suggestions...