Thank you for making it all possible! Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 5, 2012
http://pennstatehershey.org/childrens Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital has once again earned a ranking among the nation's best children's hospitals in multiple specialties. This year, the Children's Hospital is ranked in orthopaedics (for the second straight year), cancer, and diabetes and endocrinology.
This news serves to affirm for members of the Penn State Hershey community both the quality of the care and the quality of the caring that happens at our Children's Hospital every day. The daily commitment so many people make to provide vital services to the children and families of our community is what makes recognition like this possible.
And so this honor belongs to each one of you — our faculty and staff, our students, our volunteers, our friends, and our supporters.
On behalf of the children and families we serve, thank you and congratulations.
It's an honor to be chosen by U.S. News and World Report to be among the best children's hospitals in the nation in cancer care, orthopedics, and diabetes and endocrine care.
The award is really an acknowledgement of the tremendous support and staff that we have and world-class care that help the children of central Pennsylvania.
This is a reflection of the tremendous work that our physicians, nurses and other health professionals do each and every day at the Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.
It's a team effort. And this recognition by U.S. News and World Report just adds to that level of respect that we feel from our community physicians and our referring physicians.
We work in trying to improve every day on what we do, and be a benefit to our children. And we just want to offer as much as we can for our kids in our community.
We are very fortunate because CMN, Four Diamonds, and our other community partners provide equipment, programming and support that the families need and deserve while they're here.
Those programs, services, and technologies help U.S. News and World Report determine the quality of a children's hospital. And the generosity of our community is what helps us to provide those things.
We're thrilled and delighted to see our pediatric cancer program ranked among the top in the nation.
We have an extremely strong pediatric cancer program here. We also do innovative research. You can see that the support of all these community organizations has really made a big difference in our program.
And when I heard the news I just felt like dancing because I knew we deserved it.
We're enormously grateful to the Penn State students for their efforts with THON and the donations that it creates for the Four Diamonds Fund that support pediatric oncology programs at the Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital. And it's gratifying to see this recognition for all their hard work.
This award has really validated the care that we believe that we've always provided.
Everyone that works at the Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital knows that they're doing an outstanding job each and every day. But to be ranked among the best in the nation is an affirmation for them, a confirmation of the terrific job that they are doing.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:28 Neonatal Nurseby Chung phuong dinhFeatured 3,385
- 23:08 Medicine in Blue and White - Episode 3 - Penn State Hershey Medical Centerby PennStateHershey 1,947 views
- 8:58 The Four Diamonds Fund - Conquering Childhood Cancer - Penn State Hersheyby PennStateHershey 2,421 views
- 4:59 Miracle Child: Emma's Storyby PennStateHershey 26,881 views
- 4:44 The Four Diamonds Fund - Memories & Milestones - Penn State Hershey Medical Centerby PennStateHershey 2,036 views
- 6:21 THON Mini -Tour of Penn State Hershey Children's Hospitalby PennStateHershey 1,235 views
- 2:34 Hospital Chaplain Linda - Penn State Hershey Medical Centerby PennStateHershey 1,760 views
- 1:58 Fun Facts about the new Penn State Hershey Children's Hospitalby PennStateHershey 661 views
- 5:05 Miracle Child: Kevin's Storyby PennStateHershey 48,357 views
- 28:51 New Home For Hope - Penn State Hershey Children's Hospitalby PennStateHershey 491 views
- 4:36 Miracle Child Sammy - Penn State Hershey Children's Miracle Networkby PennStateHershey 2,792 views
- 5:31 Erik Miracle Storyby ChildrensMiracleNet 23,207 views
- 2:17 Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - Penn State Hershey Children's Miracle Networkby PennStateHershey 5,559 views
- 2:11 A Day in the Life of a Life Lion Pilot - Penn State Hershey Children's Miracle Networkby PennStateHershey 3,220 views
- 4:52 Jorden Miracle Storyby ChildrensMiracleNet 30,329 views
- 2:03 Canine Officer Zeke visits Penn State Hershey Life Lionby PennStateHershey 354 views
- 8:17 Building a team - Team Motivationby Richard Tyler 1,782 views
- 5:12 City of Bernby swisslowrider 74,218 views
- 2:38 Philadelphia Eagle LeSean McCoy visits Penn State Hershey Children's Hospitalby PennStateHershey 1,857 views
- 3:37 Hershey Bears visit Penn State Hershey Children's Hospitalby PennStateHershey 937 views
- Loading more suggestions...