This video is unavailable.
5 Things You Should Know About Dementia - Please Share this Video
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 21, 2012
Ruth Langsford, Nell McAndrew, Arlene Phillips, Terry Pratchett, Tony Robinson and Ray Winstone tell us five things you should know about dementia.
This Dementia Awareness Week, Alzheimer's Society is keen for people to find out five key facts about dementia.
Dementia Awareness Week 2012 will take place in England, Northern Ireland and Wales from 20-26 May.
Ruth Langsford - "There are five things you should know about dementia"
Ray Winstone - "It's not a natural part of growing old"
Tony Robinson - "It's caused by diseases of the brain. The most common of these is Alzheimer's."
Nell McAndrew - "It's not just about losing your memory."
Terry Pratchett - "It can affect thinking, communicating and doing everyday tasks."
Arlene Phillips - "It's possible to live well with it."
Terry Pratchett - "There is certainly more to a person, than the dementia."
Ruth Langsford - "Please share this video with your friends and family, to spread awareness of dementia. Just head to http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/remember... and we'll show you how."
Interested in getting the latest updates from the Society?
Follow us on Twitter -- http://www.twitter.com/alzheimerssoc
Like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/alzheimersso...
Who are we?
Alzheimer's Society is the leading support and research charity for people with dementia, their families and carers.
There are 800,000 people with dementia in the UK with numbers set to rise to one million by 2021.
What is dementia?
The term 'dementia' is used to describe the symptoms that occur when the brain is affected by specific diseases and conditions. Symptoms of dementia include loss of memory, confusion and problems with speech and understanding.
Support the fight against dementia and visit us at
Leading the fight against dementia
Standard YouTube License
- 8:05 Experience 12 Minutes In Alzheimer's Dementiaby AlzheimersWeeklyFeatured 48,399
- 3:55 Carey Mulligan Discusses Her Gran's Dementia - Alzheimer's Societyby AlzheimersSociety 6,964 views
- 1:37 What Is Dementia? - Alzheimer's Society Dementia Brain Videoby AlzheimersSociety 52,039 views
- 3:14 Caroline's Story - Remember the Person - Dementia Awareness Week 2012by AlzheimersSociety 2,448 views
- 2:30 Ray Winstone talks about dementia - Alzheimer's Societyby AlzheimersSociety 2,001 views
- 25:14 Understanding Dementiaby AlzheimerBC 18,158 views
- 3:05 Frontotemporal Dementiaby Mayo Clinic 47,773 views
- 4:59 What is the Difference between Dementia and Alzheimer's?by Dementia Care Notes, India 11,524 views
- 3:20 Stages of Alzheimer's Disease (Alzheimers #2)by Healthguru 269,530 views
- 4:08 Inspiring Love Story Involving Alzheimers & Dementiaby Alzheimer Society of Calgary 2,387 views
- 2:52 Dementia: Watch for Early Warning Signsby mycarejourney 12,743 views
- 48:25 Bill Clinton's Full DNC Speech - Elections 2012by TheNewYorkTimes 131,171 views
- 20:44 Dementia Reversal with Coconut oil - in an 85yr old at 35 days.by Steve Trueblue 21,663 views
- 1:14:51 Dementia 13 - Classic Horror Movie (full)by GorezillaOfficial 27,814 views
- 6:26 Helpful Tips for Dementia Caregiversby CaregiverInsights 32,290 views
- 1:06:22 Circle Of Harmony: Managing Behavioral Disturbances in Adult Day Dementia Programsby COPSAEducation 856 views
- 12:43 The Causes of Dementia and Cognitive Declineby WealthCop 815 views
- 5:24 Michael J. Fox then and nowby astyag 558,654 views
- 4:21 Early onset dementiaby NHS Choices 15,312 views
- 9:47 Screening for Dementia 3: Patient Assessmentby ugagerontology 4,242 views
- Loading more suggestions...