Freedom, Fascism and Statism - Stefan Molyneux Debates Sam Seder
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 26, 2012
Stefan Molyneux, host Freedomain Radio, debates Sam Seder of The Majority Report on the role of the State in a civil society, the ethics and sustainability of Social Security, the reasons for ever-increasing healthcare, and the supposed virtue of European governments.
Some notes on the Cuyahoga river myth:
One problem Cleveland faced was that the Cuyahoga was treated as an industrial stream, and state permits inhibited local clean up efforts. Public nuisance actions and enforcement of local pollution ordinances, in particular, were precluded by state regulation, while federal laws protecting commercially navigable waterways went largely unenforced. Thus, insofar as the story of the Cuyahoga is to inform our views of the viability
of local efforts and common law environmental protections, it illustrates that sometimes when local institutions and common law remedies failed, they may have been sabotaged or ignored.
In the wake of the June 1969 fire, many city officials pointed fingers at the state of Ohio for creating a legal regime which made it unduly difficult for the city to maintain local river quality. Specifically, officials pointed to the state water pollution permitting system which insulated permitted facilities from public nuisance actions and generally inhibited local efforts to combat pollution.
The state's water pollution control board licensed industrial facilities
along the river, providing potential immunity from suit.
Regarding Social Security - it is not being run as planned:
President Franklin Roosevelt specifically argued against Social Security as a welfare system. The plan he described was for social insurance, designed to protect American workers against two specific, identifiable risks—disability and old age. Individuals paid for their own insurance.
Freedomain Radio is the largest and most popular philosophy show on the web - http://www.freedomainradio.com
Standard YouTube License
- 1:14:37 We Cannot Build Freedom on the Fascism of Childhood!by Stefan Molyneux Featured 8,775
- 1:08:11 The Power of the Parasite Class - Stefan Molyneux Speaks in Torontoby Stefan Molyneux54,733 views
- 1:25:35 Freedom, Fascism and Statism - Stefan Molyneux Debates Sam Seder - HDby Stefan Molyneux7,299 views
- 44:31 Canada Is More Free Than the United States!by Stefan Molyneux5,812 views
- 24:58 A Republican Calls for the Death Penalty for Disobedient Childrenby Stefan Molyneux6,475 views
- 1:17:27 An Introduction to Anarchyby Stefan Molyneux8,495 views
- 16:48 The Myth of the Free Market - Money, Interest and Power!by Stefan Molyneux17,670 views
- 1:03:26 The Fascists That Surround You - Part 3: Statistsby Stefan Molyneux11,692 views
- 30:13 Capitalism Needs Regulation - Why Max Keiser is Correct and Libertarians are Mistaken!by Stefan Molyneux33,937 views
- 5:49 4 Free Market Myths Debunked!by Stefan Molyneux20,585 views
- 51:37 Prax Appeal! Prax Girl Talks Praxeology on Freedomain Radioby Stefan Molyneux8,266 views
- 48:39 The Peter Schiff Interview - Freedomain Radioby Stefan Molyneux31,124 views
- 22:20 Sam Seder on the Libertarian Peter Schiff Showby Sam Seder14,260 views
- 28:15 Jon Stewart's 19 Tough Questions for Libertarians!by Stefan Molyneux216,415 views
- 1:27:37 Anarchism Versus Minarchism - Stefan Molyneux & Jan Helfeldby Stefan Molyneux21,716 views
- 14:17 Life after Politics: Lessons from the 2012 US Electionsby Stefan Molyneux12,492 views
- 1:02:04 Galt's Gulch has no Government! - Stefan Molyneux of Freedomain Radio Interviewedby Stefan Molyneux8,484 views
- 57:54 Living Free in an Unfree World: Stefan Molyneux at Libertopia 2010by Stefan Molyneux61,321 views
- 49:01 Schooools Out For Evah! Unschooling with Dayna Martinby Stefan Molyneux19,453 views
- 1:16:53 Laurette Lynn and Stefan Molyneux: How to Achieve Freedomby Stefan Molyneux6,311 views
- Loading more suggestions...