The Help Group - Hasbro Boundless Playground Ribbon Cut
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 11, 2010
On Thursday, November 4th, The Help Group, Hasbro, dignitaries, special guests and dozens of very happy children took part in a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new Boundless playground. This dynamic and engaging play space designed for children with autism was made possible by a generous gift from the Hasbro Children's Fund and is located at The Help Group's new, state-of-the-art autism center in Sherman Oaks.
In her welcoming remarks, Dr. Barbara Firestone, The Help Group President & CEO, thanked Hasbro, "We are so grateful that the children of The Help Group have joined the more than 4 million children worldwide who have been given the gifts of hope, play and a helping hand by Hasbro. You truly set the bar very high for what it means to be an outstanding corporate citizen." Gary H. Carmona, Help Group Board Chair, and Dr. Firestone were joined by two students, who presented Hasbro and Hasbro Studios with artwork made by the children. The Help Group's Children Choir performed a special song of tribute to Hasbro, "Way to Go, Hasbro," which received a standing ovation from a very enthusiastic audience.
In his acceptance remarks, Steve Davis, President of Hasbro Studios, said, "We're thrilled to be here to help the Hasbro Boundless playground get off to a phenomenal start. We are so very, very impressed with the great work of The Help Group—we are inspired by the children and the great progress they make here." Karen Davis, Vice President of Community Relations for Hasbro, Inc., commented, "We are very fortunate to work for a company that allows us to do these kinds of things and try, in our own way, to make an impact where we can."
Congressman Brad Sherman (D-CA) commended Hasbro commenting, "A company has to do business, but a company doesn't have to do what you've done, which is to support kids with special needs, especially to sponsor this playground." Fred Leone, President & CEO of Boundless Playgrounds, spoke about the process of designing a play space for children with autism spectrum disorders "This is our most unique project to date. Boundless Playgrounds learned a lot here that we'll be able to use again and again—this is going to have a lasting impact." Gary Cole, actor, parent advocate and The Help Group's Celebrity Spokesperson, spoke from the heart when he said, "As a parent, I am indebted to people here, and others like them, who dedicate themselves to seeing the world through another pair of eyes—and those eyes belong to our kids. This beautiful environment will nurture interaction, teach behavior and allow kids to grow."
When the ribbon was cut, students raced onto the brightly colored playground where they laughed and played along with the grown-ups creating a truly unforgettable experience for everyone present!
Standard YouTube License
- 9:46 Toy Spot - Hasbro Spider-man with Snap-on "Rocket" Armorby TheReviewSpot Featured 12,808
- 8:57 The Help Group - Summit View Schoolby thehelpgroup1,646 views
- 5:17 2005 ribbon cutting ceremonyby wafuikebana977 views
- 13:21 $33,006.98 RAISED BY PENNSAUKEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS for BUILD JAKE'S PLACE!by PennsaukenPRIDE471 views
- 6:49 Louis Price and The Help Group Kidsby roz805572 views
- 8:53 Beyblade Battle! - Beyblades Metal Masters at the Moors House in Californiaby seanTHiNKs104,331 views
- 3:06 Music for Autism- The Help Group 1-30-11 Concert Highlightsby thehelpgroup870 views
- 2:26 The Help Group - Project For Awesome 2012by alanasaltz3,999 views
- 2:25 Matthew's Boundless Playground - GKTWby Rich McGowan1,109 views
- 3:00 The Help Group - Don't Be A Bully...Be My Buddy!by thehelpgroup806 views
- 11:44 Nick Gibb speaks at the Stonewall, Education for All conferenceby educationgovuk511 views
- 4:17 The Help Group Art Show - Santa Monica, Californiaby beargivers538 views
- 22:20 Beyblade Metal Fury Episode 39 (English Dubbed) - A Ray of Hope (FULL)by Englishbeyblade2012225,628 views
- 4:14 Ribbon-Cutting at Montpelierby Rick Sincere1,576 views
- 50:03 UVU: Business Resource Center Ribbon Cuttingby UtahValleyUniversity473 views
- 10:11 Beyblade 4D Customized Battles Part 2by zankye514,963 views
- 2:12 Backpack Giveaway At Foster Elementary 9-15-10by tvgator11,276 views
- 22:20 Beyblade Metal Fury Episode 1 - Star Fragment (ENGLISH!!)by HD4Dbeybladepreviews792,335 views
- 9:20 My Little Pony - Friendship is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Hasbro, Inc.by OfficialMASTERLINKX190,117 views
- 2:22 Playground for inclusionby theunderrepresented12,791 views
- Loading more suggestions...