DEFCON 17: Failure
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 13, 2011
Speaker: Adam Savage Co-Host, MythBusters
A meditation on how I've screwed things up, lost friends and clients, and learned about myself in the process.
Adam Savage has spent his life gathering skills that allow him to take what's in his brain, and make it real. He's built everything from ancient Buddhas to futuristic weapons, from spaceships to dancing vegetables, from fine art sculptures to animated chocolate -- and just about anything else you can think of.
The son of a filmmaker/painter and a psychotherapist, Adam has been making his own toys since he was allowed to hold scissors. Having held positions as a projectionist, animator, graphic designer, carpenter, interior and stage designer, toy designer, welder, scenic painter, he's worked with every material and process he could get his hands on -- metal, paper, glass, plastic, rubber, foam, plaster, pneumatics, hydraulics, animatronics, neon, glassblowing, moldmaking and injection molding to name just a few.
Since 1993, Adam has concentrated on the special effects industry, honing his skills through more than 100 television commercials and a dozen feature films, including Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Galaxy Quest, Terminator 3, A.I. and the Matrix sequels. He's also designed props and sets for Coca-Cola, Hershey's, Lexus and a host of New York and San Francisco theater companies.
Not only has he worked and consulted in the research and development division for toy companies and made several short films, but Adam has also acted in several films and commercials -- including a Charmin ad, in which he played Mr. Whipple's stock boy, and a Billy Joel music video, "Second Wind", in which he drowns.
Today, in addition to co-hosting Discovery Channel's MYTHBUSTERS, Adam teaches advanced model making, most recently in the industrial design department at the San Francisco Academy of Art. Somehow he also finds time to devote to his own art -- his sculptures have been showcased in over 40 shows in San Francisco, New York and Charleston, West Virginia.
Look for Adam on Twitter at http://twitter.com/donttrythis.
For more information visit: http://bit.ly/defcon17_information
To download the video visit: http://bit.ly/defcon17_videos
Standard YouTube License
- 18:49 Inside Adam Savage's Cave: The Bourne Identity Burn Bagby Tested Featured 1,383,797
- 58:30 The Last HOPE: Adam Savage Keynote (Complete)by GBPPR26,395 views
- 31:56 Defcon 18 - Trolling reverse_engineers with math - frank^2 - part.movby killab6666144,211 views
- 31:28 DEFCON 17: That Awesome Time I Was Sued For Two Billion Dollarsby Christiaan00850,044 views
- 50:54 Defcon 19: Paul Roberts, Aaron Barr, Joshua Corman and Jericho - "Whoever Fights Monsters..by SecurityTubeCons50,638 views
- 58:54 DefCon 15 - T112 - No-Tech Hackingby basic204127,342 views
- 43:06 Defcon 2010 - Your ISP and the Government Best Friends Forever - Christopher Soghoian.movby killab6666147,502 views
- 52:33 Defcon 18 - Practical Cellphone Spying - Chris Paget - Part.movby killab6666176,678 views
- 49:00 DEFCON 17: Cracking 400,000 Passwords, or How to Explain to Your Roommate why Power Bill is a Highby Christiaan00848,332 views
- 1:01:16 The Mythbusters (3/13/10)by Commonwealth Club42,056 views
- 46:33 DEFCON 17: Fragging Game Serversby Christiaan00815,987 views
- 40:01 Defcon 18 -My life as a spyware developer - Garry Pejski - Part.movby killab6666161,243 views
- 50:43 DEFCON 19: Hacking MMORPGs for Fun and Mostly Profitby Christiaan00874,218 views
- 35:51 DEFCON 20: Owned in 60 Seconds: From Network Guest to Windows Domain Adminby Christiaan00876,268 views
- 48:25 DEFCON 19: Three Generations of DoS Attacks (with Audience Participation, as Victims)by Christiaan00899,418 views
- 40:47 DEFCON 19: Steal Everything, Kill Everyone, Cause Total Financial Ruin! (w speaker)by Christiaan00834,758 views
- 37:51 Defcon 18 - How I met your girlfriend - Samy Kamkar - Part .movby killab6666138,547 views
- 49:40 DEFCON 17: Search And Seizure Explained - They Took My Laptop!by Christiaan00817,764 views
- 47:50 DEFCON 17: More Tricks For Defeating SSLby Christiaan00825,585 views
- Loading more suggestions...