OPERA "ATTILA" Verdi (COMPLETE 1:54hrs) CHERYL STUDER and SAMUEL RAMEY a.o. (INFO)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 20, 2012
IF THE VIDEO STOPS, PLEASE TRY LATER MOMENT AGAIN !!!!! OR WATCH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE5D6U...
Performers: Cheryl Studer, Samuel Ramey, Giorgio Zancanaro, Kaludi Kaludov, Ernesto Gavazzi, Mario Luperi.
Conductor Ricardo Muti Teatro Alla Scala
Music by Giuseppe Verdi. Libretto Act 1 + 2 Temistocle Solera after reject
libretto Francesco Maria Piave. Later Francesco Maria Piave wrote the 3rd Act.
Première Teatro La Fenice Venice March 17. 1846
Time: Mid-5th Century Place: Aquileia, the Adriatic lagoons, and near Rome
Scene 1: The ruined city of Aquileia
Attila and his victorious horde are surprised to see a group of women spared as prisoners of war. Their leader, Odabella, asks why the Huns' women remain at home (Allor che i forti corrono / "While your warriors rush to their swords like lions"). Attila, impressed by her courage, offers a boon and she asks for her sword to avenge the death of her father at Attila's own hand
(Da te questo or m'è concesso / "O sublime, divine justice by thee is this now granted"). The Roman envoy Ezio asks for an audience and proposes a division of the empire: Avrai tu l'universo, Resti l'Italia a me / "You may have the universe, but let Italy remain mine". Attila denounces him as a traitor to his country.
Scene 2: A swamp, the future site of Venice
A boat bearing Foresto and other survivors arrives; he thinks of the captive Odabella (Ella in poter del barbaro / "She is in the barbarian's power!") but then rouses himself and the others to begin building a new city (Cara patria già madre e reina / "Dear homeland, at once mother and queen of powerful, generous sons").
Scene 1: A wood near Attila's camp
Odabela laments her father and Foresto (Oh! Nel fuggente nuvolo / "O father, is your image not imprinted on the fleeting clouds?...") believing the latter to be dead. When he appears, she is put on the defensive, denying any infidelity and reminding him of the biblical Judith. The couple is reunited: Oh, t'inebria nell'amplesso / "O vast joy without measure")
Scene 2: Attila's tent
Attila awakes and tells Uldino of a dream in which an old man stopped him at the gates of Rome and warned him to turn back (Mentre gonfiarsi l'anima parea / "As my soul seemed to swell"). In the daylight, his courage returns and he orders a march (Oltre quel limite, t'attendo, o spettro / "Beyond that boundary I await you, O ghost!"). However, when a procession of maidens clad in white approaches, singing a Christian hymn, he recognizes the Roman bishop Leo as the old man of his dream, and collapses in terror.
Ezio has been recalled, after a peace has been concluded. He contrasts Rome's past glory with the child emperor Valentine (Dagl'immortali vertici / "From the splendid immortal peaks of former glory"). Recognizing the incognito Foresto among the bearers of an invitation to a banquet with Attila, he agrees to join forces (E' gettata la mia sorte / "My lot is cast, I am prepared for any warfare" ). At the banquet, Foresto's plot to have Uldino poison Attila is foiled by Odabella, jealous of her own revenge. A grateful (and unsuspecting) Attila declares she shall be his wife, and places the unmasked Foresto in her custody.
Uldino informs Foresto about the plans for the wedding of Odabella and Attila; Foresto laments Odabella's apparent betrayal (Che non avrebbe il misero / "What would that wretched man not have offered for Odabella). Ezio arrives with a plan to ambush the Huns; when Odabella comes Foresto accuses her of treachery, but she pleads for his trust. Attila finds the three and recognizes their betrayal. As Roman soldiers approach, Odabella stabs him with the sword he had given her. The three conspirators cry that the people have been avenged.
Tijd: 5e eeuw. Plaats: Aquileia, de Adriatische lagunes, en in de buurt van Rome
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - OPERA "ATTILA" Verdi (COMPLETE 1:54hrs) CHERYL STUDER and SAMUEL RAMEY a.o. (INFO)
- 1:58:20 The Best of Verdiby HALIDONMUSIC Featured 662,258
- 2:20:49 Rossini: Le Comte Ory - Glyndebourne Festival Operaby classicalmusictv28,572 views
- 2:14:45 Verdi - La Traviata (1988) - Complete operaby IlxGatoxNero1,236,662 views
- 2:26:51 Vivaldi Bajazet RV 703 Fabio Biondi Europa Galante, opéra complet, complete operaby Geoffroy de Longuemar17,699 views
- 1:46:34 ATTILA - GIUSEPPE VERDI - 2010-Mariinsky Theatreby kalabuhoff7,090 views
- 2:25:35 Verdi SIMON BOCCANEGRA Cappuccilli,Ghiaurov,Freni,Luchetti-Abbado 1978 sub español.aviby leonora4327,201 views
- 129 videos Play all Grandes-*ÓPERAS*-(Completas)by a4b3m2i1s
- 2:39:18 Norma - Vincenzo Bellini - 1967by TheBelcantist51,209 views
- 2:24:10 Rossini - La Cenerentola (1981) - Complete operaby IlxGatoxNero275,961 views
- 2:08:45 Giuseppe Verdi - ERNANIby IlMigliorBasso47,887 views
- 1:59:43 Andrea Bocelli at the Opera "La Boheme" (1998)by karmolita174,275 views
- 3:04:47 DON CARLO. VERDIby IlMigliorBasso48,202 views
- 2:00:02 L' ORFEO: Favola in Musica (Claudio Monteverdi) - Representación de Jordi Savallby Belarmo174,856 views
- 2:13:26 Verdi - La Traviata / Anna Netrebko, Rolando Villazon, Carlo Rizzi with subtitles in 6 languagesby BestClassicalMusic199,602 views
- 1:50:25 ATTILA - GIUSEPPE VERDI - 1985 ( VERONA )by Shawn Melon10,203 views
- 2:32:03 Rossini: La Cenerentola - Glyndebourne Festival Operaby classicalmusictv85,777 views
- 2:11:51 MACBETH - GIUSEPPE VERDI - 1986by Shawn Melon17,285 views
- 1:46:06 Luciano Pavarotti & Friends were singing for Liberiaby Bies S. Sandy887,978 views
- 2:24:23 Nabucco - Giuseppe Verdi - 2007by TheBelcantist175,547 views
- 4:18 Samuel Ramey / The Impossible Dreamby Zviad Kvaratskhelia47,534 views