Vitamin D not flu shots
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 23, 2008
Another influenza season is beginning, and the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will strongly urge Americans to get a flu shot. In fact, the CDC mounts a well-orchestrated campaign each season to generate interest and demand for flu shots.
But a recent study published in the October issue of the Archives of Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine found that vaccinating young children against the flu appeared to have no impact on flu-related hospitalizations or doctor visits during two recent flu seasons.
At first glance, the data did suggest that children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years derived some protection from vaccination in these years. But after adjusting for potentially relevant variables, the researchers concluded that "significant influenza vaccine effectiveness could not be demonstrated for any season, age, or setting" examined.
Additionally, a Group Health study found that flu shots do not protect elderly people against developing pneumonia -- the primary cause of death resulting as a complication of the flu. Others have questioned whether there is any mortality benefit with influenza vaccination. Vaccination coverage among the elderly increased from 15 percent in 1980 to 65 percent now, but there has been no decrease in deaths from influenza or pneumonia.
There is some evidence that flu shots cause Alzheimers disease, most likely as a result of combining mercury with aluminum and formaldehyde. Mercury in vaccines has also been implicated as a cause of autism.
Three other serious adverse reactions to the flu vaccine are joint inflammation and arthritis, anaphylactic shock (and other life-threatening allergic reactions), and Guillain-Barré syndrome, a paralytic autoimmune disease.
One credible hypothesis that explains the seasonal nature of flu is that influenza is a vitamin D deficiency disease.
Vitamin D levels in your blood fall to their lowest point during flu seasons. Unable to be protected by the bodys own antibiotics (antimicrobial peptides) that are released by vitamin D, a person with a low vitamin D blood level is more vulnerable to contracting colds, influenza, and other respiratory infections.
Studies show that children with rickets, a vitamin D-deficient skeletal disorder, suffer from frequent respiratory infections, and children exposed to sunlight are less likely to get a cold. The increased number of deaths that occur in winter, largely from pneumonia and cardiovascular diseases, are most likely due to vitamin D deficiency.
Unfortunately, now, for the first time, flu vaccination is also being pushed for virtually all children -- not just those under 5.
This is a huge change. Previously, flu vaccine was recommended only for youngsters under 5, who can become dangerously ill from influenza. This year, the government is recommending that children from age 6 months to 18 years be vaccinated, expanding inoculations to 30 million more school-age children.
The government argues that while older children seldom get as sick as the younger ones, it's a bigger population that catches flu at higher rates, so the change should cut missed school, and parents' missed work when they catch the illness from their children.
Of course, this policy ignores the fact that a systematic review of 51 studies involving 260,000 children age 6 to 23 months found no evidence that the flu vaccine is any more effective than a placebo.
LewRockwell.com October 3, 2008
EMS Responder September 9, 2008
WebMD October 6, 2008
Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine October 2008; 162(10):943-51
For more information visit:
Standard YouTube License
- 27:47 Connection with Vitamin D and Cancerby University of California Television (UCTV)25,142 views
- 7:02 Can Vitamin D really help CURE you? - Part 1 of 2by joel10000a51,356 views
- 8:47 Dr. Mercola on Vitamin D Benefits and Sourcesby Mercola31,679 views
- 4:06 Vitamin D Deficiency - Do You Have These Symptoms?by Heather Nicholds114,709 views
- 9:52 Vitamin D: Astonishing Health Benefitsby John Douillard63,456 views
- 10:39 Essential Information About Vitamin Dby Liz Lipski67,273 views
- 7:59 Vitamin D - It Is Now Said To Prevent Many Health Problems!!by joel10000a36,036 views
- 15:00 VITAMINA D - A CURA PROIBIDAby econhecereisaverdade76,359 views
- 3 videos Play all asfgr656by Roccdrummer
- 1:14:27 Michael Holick - The D-Lightful Vitamin D for Good Healthby TheIHMC9,119 views
- 6:41 The Truth about Vitamins & Supplements - Clinical Nutritionby PsycheTruth142,202 views
- 1:29:45 Dr. Mercola Interviews Dr. Stephen Sinatraby Mercola61,093 views
- 4:17 The Vitamin D Cureby thevitamindcure80,204 views
- 8:35 Vitamin D. Shocking Discovery Doctor Tells Allby News43320,267 views
- 58:52 Vitamin D and Prevention of Chronic Diseasesby University of California Television (UCTV)211,338 views
- 8:34 Vitamin D Deficiency: My Story!by Di McDonald2,345 views
- 5:47 Vaccines, flu shots, autism, and alzheimer'sby Iconoclast42121,380 views
- 4:05 Is Cod Liver Oil a Safe Way to Get Vitamin D?by Mercola110,721 views
- 10:00 Essential Information About Vitamin D! (part 1 of 7)by Mercola69,672 views
- 29:46 Vitamin D Prevents Cancer: Is It True?by University of California Television (UCTV)194,153 views