Natural Beauty Tips with CiCi Li: What are the Dry Skin Treatments? CiCiLicious Vlog #75
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 5, 2012
http://rainafrica.com Winter brings all the dryness -- American doctors name dry skin as the major skin care problem in winter. But did you know that South Africans are even more concern with dryness, because of the harsh climate and long time exposure to sun. Therefore, we are heading to RAIN Africa, my challenge is to solve the dryness problem and to unveil to you African beauty secrets, and give you first hand information.
In Africa, rain gives life and life depends on it. The cycle of the season is born into all living things, young and old. Rain is the gift that brings simple wealth to the plains, villages and mountains. Rain is refreshing in the still heat of the day; it cools the thirsty land, awakens the senses and sharpens the aromas of the bush. The dry wind brings the gift that African people can smell, a gift that is a cause for celebration. The Sotho people use the words 'Khotso Pula Nala' meaning peace, rain and abundance as their traditional greeting.
The African Landscape, so blessed with abundance, is the source and inspiration for our bath and body products. The time honoured secrets of indigenous flora and medicinal plants are gathered from the various plant regions blended into the Rain products. Kalahari Melon oil with its water retentive properties from the desert region, Baobab oil from the bushveld, Mongongo nut oil from the midlands, Marula oil and Mafura butter from the lowveld, along with palm butter, tropical coconut and castor oils, delicately perfumed aromatic and essential plant oils, our products uplift body and spirit.
Rain products are intensively handmade with Fair Trade ingredients. They create employment and opportunity where millions have no work and no hope. Each product wears, as a badge of honour, its unique tribute to the maker. They ought not think of irregularity as a defect. Handmade by its very definition means a delightful uncertainty when it comes to uniformity and tangible evidence that a human hand has carefully made the item.
Time honoured african medicines have been tried and tested over thousands of years. Southern africa's traditional healers or 'inyangas' have relied for centuries on the medicinal plants of the region for the ingredients of balms, tinctures, infusions and salves, gathered in the wild. The knowledge of these wise herbalists was passed on through oral tradition and today modern science has confirmed the curative value of many of south africa's indigenous plants.
Ingredients are wild harvested from the veld by groups of women who are formed into co-operatives. These oils are refined by laboratories in France and rendered safe and highly suitable for cosmetic use. We have made use of kalahari melon, marula, mongongo nut, baobab and mafura butters throughout our african spa range.
This range offers scrubs, muds, butters, masks, soaks, oils -- a veritable pantry from which to feed and nourish your skin in the privacy of your home or via professional spa or salon use. Their african spa range is founded on the age-old wisdom of african herbalists and perfected by contemporary botanical scientific research.
RAIN Africa at Rockefeller Center
59 West 49th Street between 5th and 6th Ave
New York, NY, 10112
Monday -- Friday: 10am -- 8 pm
Saturday: 10 am -- 8 pm
Sunday: 12 am -- 7 pm
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/ciciliciousvlog
Standard YouTube License
- 31:21 Edible & Medicinal Herbs 1 - Part 1 from herbaltransitions.comby Sharol TilgnerFeatured 11,690
- 52:47 PBS Nature - Revealing The Leopard (2010) 720p.by theizza68's channel 25,955 views
- 3:21 How to do a Oil Cleansing Method on your Skinby cocavera 8,013 views
- 8:18 How to Make a Castor Oil Packby edgarcaycetv 150,739 views
- 8:00 how to get a clear face in one week!!by Taylor Marie 149,258 views
- 5:53 How to Avoid Dry Skin This Winterby mercola 538,452 views
- 13:14 Skin Remedies for Dry Skinby acneskinsite's channel 74,291 views
- 11:45 Marilyn Monroe - Iconic Make-up Lookby Lisa Eldridge 994,263 views
- 8:56 Anti Aging Cleansingby odrisck 7,767 views
- 1:20 Dry Skin Tip #1 Olive Oilby Five 1 Eleven 16,632 views
- 3:51 Learn Chinese - Ordering Food in Chinese Resturantsby NTDTV 3,584 views
- 5:24 Aromatherapy Moisturizing Body Oil | Recipe | Video | Veria Livingby Veria Living 7,859 views
- 3:48 Wonderful Natural Moisturizer Tip and Technique to Soften & Nourish Your Skinby YouTips4U 12,152 views
- 8:29 Model Beauty Tips: the secret to my clear skin!by A Model Recommends 264,574 views
- 4:24 How to Make Fried Rice - Authentic Chinese Style! Fast and Easy recipe!by mingskitchen's channel 445,523 views
- 5:12 Dr. Keri Peterson on Dr. Oz Show "Beauty Tips"by MedicalMediaMgt 26,597 views
- 4:26 Dry Skin Helpby better 28,439 views
- 4:39 The Coolest White Truffle Hunting at Alba in Italy with CiCi Li, CiCiLicious Vlog #74by ciciliciousnyc 10,007 views
- 2:36 PERFECT SKIN IN MINUTES!by VenusAngelic 1,874,689 views
- 2:54 Natural Hair Tipsby naturalstylingguide 23,447 views
- Loading more suggestions...