Natural Beauty Tips with CiCi Li: What are the Dry Skin Treatments? CiCiLicious Vlog #75
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 5, 2012
http://rainafrica.com Winter brings all the dryness -- American doctors name dry skin as the major skin care problem in winter. But did you know that South Africans are even more concern with dryness, because of the harsh climate and long time exposure to sun. Therefore, we are heading to RAIN Africa, my challenge is to solve the dryness problem and to unveil to you African beauty secrets, and give you first hand information.
In Africa, rain gives life and life depends on it. The cycle of the season is born into all living things, young and old. Rain is the gift that brings simple wealth to the plains, villages and mountains. Rain is refreshing in the still heat of the day; it cools the thirsty land, awakens the senses and sharpens the aromas of the bush. The dry wind brings the gift that African people can smell, a gift that is a cause for celebration. The Sotho people use the words 'Khotso Pula Nala' meaning peace, rain and abundance as their traditional greeting.
The African Landscape, so blessed with abundance, is the source and inspiration for our bath and body products. The time honoured secrets of indigenous flora and medicinal plants are gathered from the various plant regions blended into the Rain products. Kalahari Melon oil with its water retentive properties from the desert region, Baobab oil from the bushveld, Mongongo nut oil from the midlands, Marula oil and Mafura butter from the lowveld, along with palm butter, tropical coconut and castor oils, delicately perfumed aromatic and essential plant oils, our products uplift body and spirit.
Rain products are intensively handmade with Fair Trade ingredients. They create employment and opportunity where millions have no work and no hope. Each product wears, as a badge of honour, its unique tribute to the maker. They ought not think of irregularity as a defect. Handmade by its very definition means a delightful uncertainty when it comes to uniformity and tangible evidence that a human hand has carefully made the item.
Time honoured african medicines have been tried and tested over thousands of years. Southern africa's traditional healers or 'inyangas' have relied for centuries on the medicinal plants of the region for the ingredients of balms, tinctures, infusions and salves, gathered in the wild. The knowledge of these wise herbalists was passed on through oral tradition and today modern science has confirmed the curative value of many of south africa's indigenous plants.
Ingredients are wild harvested from the veld by groups of women who are formed into co-operatives. These oils are refined by laboratories in France and rendered safe and highly suitable for cosmetic use. We have made use of kalahari melon, marula, mongongo nut, baobab and mafura butters throughout our african spa range.
This range offers scrubs, muds, butters, masks, soaks, oils -- a veritable pantry from which to feed and nourish your skin in the privacy of your home or via professional spa or salon use. Their african spa range is founded on the age-old wisdom of african herbalists and perfected by contemporary botanical scientific research.
RAIN Africa at Rockefeller Center
59 West 49th Street between 5th and 6th Ave
New York, NY, 10112
Monday -- Friday: 10am -- 8 pm
Saturday: 10 am -- 8 pm
Sunday: 12 am -- 7 pm
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/ciciliciousvlog
Standard YouTube License
- 9:37 My Best and Cheapest Beautiful Tips for Face and Body! (Model Recommends)by A Model Recommends Featured 135,409
- 1:29:04 Fascinating Nature - The Most Spectacular Landscapes in the Worldby watch best208,019 views
- 5:27 Small Space, Big Style #13 (1/4)by hajimenoipposong55,762 views
- 3:51 Learn Chinese - Ordering Food in Chinese Resturantsby NTDTV14,454 views
- 2:07 Natural Skin Care : Castor Oil for Skin Problemsby ehowbeauty81,347 views
- 5:24 Aromatherapy Moisturizing Body Oil | Recipe | Video | Veria Livingby veriawellness10,550 views
- 7:09 Instantly Get Rid of Dry Skinby LaFemme527892,426 views
- 4:39 The Coolest White Truffle Hunting at Alba in Italy with CiCi Li, CiCiLicious Vlog #74by ciciliciousnyc11,199 views
- 180 videos Play all Natural Beauty Tipsby jasminecartel
- 10:08 Everyday Winter Foundation Routine Tutorial-Avoid Dryness, Avoid Flakes, Look Natural!by Cassandra Bankson, DiamondsAndHeels14945,507 views
- 2:55 11 Cheap & Natural Beauty Secrets from your Kitchenby Kelsiesbeautysecrets80,672 views
- 3:21 How to do a Oil Cleansing Method on your Skinby cocavera16,437 views
- 16:05 In-Depth Makeup Tutorial for PALE SKIN!by Lauren Curtis425,794 views
- 2:12 An all-natural remedy to clear that phlegm(mucus) in the throat.by LoopzFitnessBands106,591 views
- 8:56 Anti Aging Cleansingby odrisck8,602 views
- 6:24 Dry Skin?by Michelle Phan3,841,960 views
- 5:30 Kym Douglas' Hilarious Beauty Tipsby TheEllenShow135,468 views
- 7:00 150 Warheads Challengeby DokaRyan3,316,220 views
- 7:27 All About Skincare & Beauty Tipsby bubzbeauty1,164,590 views
- 7:09 5 Natural Anti Aging Tips For A Radiant Youthful Appearance + VIDEO KITTEN FAILby Cassandra Bankson, DiamondsAndHeels1425,066 views