ThermoSpas energy efficient hot tubs and spas: waterjets, insulation, covers, control panel
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 27, 2011
0:10 There are four primary factors that determine how energy efficient a hot tub is. These include: the control panel, the cover, the insulation, and how air is fed to the water jets. ThermoSpas 700 series control panel includes an economy mode function that saves energy if you're not using your hot tub. It also turns off any component that was left on, just in case you forgot. Since heat rises, the quality of a spa cover is critical. All ThermoSpas designer series cover are 50% more efficient than standard covers. For really cold climates, ThermoSpas is the only hot tub manufacturer to offer a super cover that has a two pound density and is five inches thick with a twenty R-value. A standard one pound cover is tested to hold 175 lbs. A one and a half pound cover will hold 350 pounds. ThermoSpas Thermocover withstands up to 550 pounds. And the super cover is tested and approved to hold up to 1,000 pounds. And certainly the stronger the cover, the longer it will last.
01:15 But for energy efficiency, no part of the spa is more important than the insulation. Most competitors use full foam to insulate. This is where they fill the inner cavity of the hot tub with rigid foam. The biggest problem is if you ever even have a tiny leak, it becomes a nightmare. To fix it, you have to drain the hot tub, put it on blocks, then fill it with water and put in a colored dye. Once the dye reaches the leak area, you drain the tub, tip it on its side and start chiseling away at the foam. This type of repair could take days and is extremely expensive to do. Plus, full foam spas cool outside air to feed the jets during operation, lower the heating efficiency rating. The polyurethane foam in the winter can also turn your hot tub into a nesting home for all kinds of insects and rodents.
02:05 All Thermospas designer series hot tubs come standard with Thermo insulation, thick insulated panels that are foiled on both sides are fitted into all the walls of the cabinet. Then a high density thermo foil is wrapped around the entire perimeter of the hot tub. Next, high density thermoboard panels cover the exterior. The best part is ThermoSpas unique co-generated heating system that preheats the air that feeds the waterjets. Though some manufacturers offer cheapened versions of insulation using spray foam on the cabinet or thin, inexpensive insulated boards on the inner walls, none provide the extensive insulation found only on ThermoSpas hot tubs.
Learn more about choosing the right energy efficient hot tub and spa that's right for you. Download ThermoSpas free buying guide, DVD and brochure by visiting:
Join us on Facebook:
Standard YouTube License
- 9:49 Right Vs Wrong: Installing Insulation Batts In Exterior Walls - Part Oneby IDI Distributors119,411 views
- 9:32 Spa Loops Gunite Spa Plumbing Kitby spaloops3,343 views
- 13:08 Spray Foam for your hot tubby westvandude4,016 views
- 6:17 Total Access Design - How All Hot Tubs Should Be Built | Arctic Spasby HotTubsByArcticSpas1,686 views
- 11:44 How To Attach Rigid Foam Insulation To Concreteby HouseImprovements50,006 views
- 5:36 Installing a Radiant Barrier in the Attic | Alternative Method to Insulate the Atticby DrEnergySaver Cleveland96,957 views
- 8:38 The Right Way To Insulate: Attics and Cathedral Ceilings with Battsby IDI Distributors371,553 views
- 8:43 How to Drain and Clean a Hot Tubby Tool Dude Tony15,353 views
- 7:22 Hot Tub Insulation Comparison | Arctic Spasby HotTubsByArcticSpas8,609 views
- 17:11 How To Install Fiberglass Batt Insulation & Vapor Barrierby HouseImprovements116,112 views
- 12:36 Why I will never ever buy another CAL SPA hot tub again.by IH8CalSpa62,308 views
- 9:12 # 37 Why do spa heaters fail?by softcellelectrical23,952 views
- 3:02 Spa refurb - leak and jetsby CourtDude RVA28,706 views
- 2:18 Air Sealing Hot Tub - Tiger Foam Insulationby TigerFoamCanada5,519 views
- 4:38 Understanding the Hot tub Balboa GS523DZ & VL801D systemby PoolAndSpaCentre10,145 views
- 4:21 Worlds Best Insulated Hot Tubby Joe White18,828 views
- 3:49 Swimming and water exercises -- ThermoSpas revolutionary, portable swim spa and hot tubby ThermoSpaInc14,320 views
- 9:18 How To Drain Your Hot Tubby SanJuanPools79,920 views
- 8:06 testing and replacing or servicing a hot tub or pool recirculating pumpby stackz0038,934 views
- 8:28 Spray Foam Insulation - The Intelligent Choiceby gacinaz612,298 views
- Loading more suggestions...