Dino De Laurentiis, Film Director of King Kong, Interview with Bill Boggs
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 9, 2012
Agostino "Dino" De Laurentiis (8 August 1919 -- 10 November 2010) was an Italian film producer.
Following his first movie, L'ultimo Combattimento, (1940) he produced nearly 150 films during the next seven decades. In 1946 his company, the Dino de Laurentiis Cinematografica, moved into production. In the early years, De Laurentiis produced neorealist films such as Bitter Rice (1946) and the Fellini classics La Strada (1954) and Nights of Cabiria (1956), often in collaboration with producer Carlo Ponti. In the 1960s, Dino De Laurentiis built his own studio facilities, although these financially collapsed during the 1970s. During this period, though, De Laurentiis produced such films as Barabbas (1961) a Christian religious epic, Kiss the Girls and Make Them Die, an imitation James Bond film; Navajo Joe (1966), a spaghetti western; Anzio (1968), a World War II film; Barbarella (1968) and Danger: Diabolik (1968), both successful comic book adaptations; and The Valachi Papers made to coincide with the popularity of The Godfather.
In 1976, De Laurentiis relocated to the USA where he set up studios, eventually creating his own studio De Laurentiis Entertainment Group (DEG) based in Wilmington, North Carolina; the building of the studio quickly made Wilmington a busy center of film and television production. During this period De Laurentiis made a number of successful and acclaimed films, including The Scientific Cardplayer (1972), Serpico (1973), Death Wish (1974), Mandingo (1975), Three Days of the Condor (1975), The Shootist (1976), Drum (1976), Ingmar Bergman's The Serpent's Egg (1977), Ragtime (1981), Conan the Barbarian (1982) and Blue Velvet (1986). It is for his more infamous productions that De Laurentiis's name has become known — the legendary King Kong (1976) remake, which was a commercial hit, Lipstick, the killer whale film Orca (1977); The White Buffalo (1977); the disaster movie Hurricane (1979); the remake of Flash Gordon (1980); Halloween II (the 1981 sequel to John Carpenter's 1978 classic horror film); David Lynch's Dune (1984); and King Kong Lives (1986). De Laurentiis also made several adaptations of Stephen King's works during this time, including The Dead Zone (1983), Cat's Eye (1985), Silver Bullet (1985) and Maximum Overdrive (1986); Army of Darkness (1992) was produced jointly by De Laurentiis, Robert Tapert and the movie's star Bruce Campbell. They distributed the animated Transformers movie.
De Laurentiis also produced the first Hannibal Lecter film, Manhunter (1986). He passed on adapting Thomas Harris' sequel, The Silence of the Lambs, but produced the two follow-ups, Hannibal (2001) and Red Dragon (2002), a remake of Manhunter. He also produced Hannibal Rising (2007), which tells the story of how Hannibal becomes a serial killer.
In his later choice of stories he displayed a strong preference for adaptations of successful books, especially sweeping classics like Barabbas (1961), The Bible: In the Beginning (1966), or Dune (1984).
In the 1980s he owned and operated DDL Foodshow, a specialty retailer with two gourmet Italian markets in New York City and Los Angeles.
In 2001 he received the Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
De Laurentiis died on 10 November 2010 at his residence in Beverly Hills, California. - Wikipedia
Footage Owned by Bill Boggs
YouTube Managed by Exit 172 Productions, LLC.
John Hedlund - Owner & Producer
Standard YouTube License
- 6:20 SCHLOCKTOBER 2012: KING KONG LIVES (The Big Picture)by The Escapist Featured 4,695
- 1:28:44 BBC: Dino De Laurentiis - the Last Movie Mogulby DeLaurentiisCo653 views
- 17:50 Lillian Roth Interview with Bill Boggsby BillBoggsTV7,952 views
- 6:11 David Cassidy Interview with Bill Boggsby BillBoggsTV5,792 views
- 1:24:17 Queen Kong - 1976by filmboychris120,409 views
- 19:50 Molly Ringwald Interview with Bill Boggsby BillBoggsTV7,673 views
- 1:00 NBC The Big Event intro King Kong 1978by robatsea20096,178 views
- 47:57 Jerry Lewis Interview with Bill Boggsby BillBoggsTV61,108 views
- 7:04 Intervista a Dino De Laurentis su Totò e "Capriccio all' italiana"by Bob di imola4,603 views
- 1:40:29 King Kong Lives (1986)by hitchcockpresents111,730,602 views
- 25:36 Eddie Fisher Interview with Bill Boggsby BillBoggsTV24,360 views
- 20:18 Daisy Fuentes Interview with Bill Boggsby BillBoggsTV2,674 views
- 4:57 Dino de Laurentiis receiving the Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Awardby Oscars13,436 views
- 6:53 Rounding up Shamu with Don Goldsberryby Jeffrey Ventre7,330 views
- 5:32 Kong and Jessica Langeby berkshire10169,107 views
- 20:53 DR: King Kong 360 3Dby NinjaLawyerSteve870 views
- 3:56 Mandingo 1975 theatrical trailerby robatsea2009152,115 views
- 2:47:34 Frank Herbert's Dune (part 1 of 2)by Darren Corrigan913,047 views
- 0:42 Giada De Laurentiis in a Bikiniby onesidered1,735,114 views
- 9:48 Marilu Henner Interview with Bill Boggsby BillBoggsTV552 views
- Loading more suggestions...