CBS Redio 1950's ......"This I Believe"..... Essay read by Pakistan's first Foreign Minister
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 21, 2012
"This I Believe" essay was read by Pakistan's first Foreign Minister, Chaudhry Sir Muhammad Zafrulla Khan 1893-1985. Sir. Khan was a Pakistani politician, diplomat, and international jurist, known particularly for his representation of Pakistan at the United Nations (UN). He was the son of the leading attorney of his native city, Zafrulla Khan studied at Government College in Lahore and received his LL.B. from King's College, London University, in 1914. He practiced law in Sialkot and Lahore, became a member of the Punjab Legislative Council in 1926, and was a delegate in 1930, 1931, and 1932 to the Round Table Conferences on Indian reforms in London. In 1931--32 he was president of the All-India Muslim League (later the Muslim League), and he sat on the British viceroy's executive council as its Muslim member from 1935 to 1941. He led the Indian delegation to the League of Nations in 1939, and from 1941 to 1947 he served as a judge of the Federal Court of India.
Prior to the partition of India in 1947, Zafrulla Khan presented the Muslim League's view of the future boundaries of Pakistan to Sir Cyril Radcliffe, the man designated to decide the boundaries between India and Pakistan. Upon the independence of Pakistan, Zafrulla Khan became the new country's minister of foreign affairs and served concurrently as leader of Pakistan's delegation to the UN (1947--54). From 1954 to 1961 he served as a member of the International Court of Justice at The Hague. He again represented Pakistan at the UN in 1961--64 and served as president of the UN General Assembly in 1962--63. Returning to the International Court of Justice in 1964, he served as the court's president from 1970 to 1973.
He was knighted in 1935. He is the author of Islam: Its Meaning for Modern Man (1962) and wrote a translation of the Qur'an (1970).
Standard YouTube License
- 13:14 Pakistan 1954by The Travel Film Archive 57,427 views
- 20:49 Pakistani President Ayub Khan visits America - A rare video (1961)by Aizad Sayid 68,604 views
- 38:00 Capital Talk 20 May 2013 (20th May 2013) PTI Aur MQM Ka Protest - Geo Newsby BreakingNews CurrentAffairs 3,178 views
- 17:49 Promise of Pakistan Geography, 1950by Jesse Wilinski 6,482 views
- 9:47 1965 Indian Attack Lahore - 1965 War Documentary - Pakistan,Indiaby pehawry007's channel 427,981 views
- 1:09 Indian Satellite's Secret Revealed!!! Pakistan Zindabad.flvby talhazahid05 28,868 views
- 27:26 M.J.Akbar's Book: TINDERBOX-The Past And Future Of Pakistan: 'A CALAMITY For Indian Muslims'!by Gazebo 'THE MIRROR' 12,231 views
- 2:18 Lahore - Before Partition (Technicolor Footage)by kkumar37 53,804 views
- 5:52 Ahmadiyya Muslims Community,Ultimate Response to Anti-Ahmadiyya opponents. (Urdu) .flvby TheLivepeacelove's channel 136 views
- 2:22 Pakistan Army cadet wins Sword of Honour at Sandhurstby PakSoldiers 4,573 views
- 1:13 Liaquat Ali Khan's last speech at Rawalpindi Liaqat Bagh on 16-10-1951 .wmvby Radio Pakistan 41,801 views
- 26:06 Khara Sach With Mubashir Lucman 16 May 2013 - Most Doubtful Elections In History - ARY Newsby BreakingNews CurrentAffairs 1,829 views
- 2:00:01 20 Golden Years Of Pakistan Television PTV - 26 Nov - 1984/ TV 20 - (Rare Programme)by SUR SANGEET 129,719 views
- 12:23 New Horizons - Pakistan, 1960by travelfilmarchive 15,636 views
- 10:28 President of Pakistan Iskander Mirzaby hijazna 17,377 views
- 2:54 Imran Khan vs Zardari vs Nawaz... Leaders Comparison, Body Movements & Speaking Skills - MUST WATCHby ImranKhanSheikRaseed 1,981 views
- 33:39 Coming of The Messiah - Documentary - The world is waiting for saviourby Amanat Video Channel 334 views
- 1:12 Imran Khan's Comments on Pakistan's 1974 Constitutionby adabdost 48,126 views
- 6:54 MJ Akbar speaks to Newsline about the state of Pakistanby australianetworknews 8,707 views
- 0:41 40 Sekunden... die dein Leben verändern können *Seelenheil*by Islam Ahmadiyya - الإسلامية الأحمدية 518 views
- Loading more suggestions...