Spider-Man vs. Batman: Fanboy Faceoff
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 27, 2012
http://youtu.be/9li3S8h8txE - The Amazing Spider-Man Trailer!
http://bit.ly/MDsrgB - The Dark Knight Rises New Trailer!
http://bit.ly/clevvermovies - Click to Subscribe!
http://Facebook.com/ClevverMovies - Become a Fan!
http://Twitter.com/ClevverMovies - Follow Us!
Hosted By: Tatiana Carrier @TatianaCarrier
This summer is all about the superhero's and two of the biggest of all time are ready to go head-to-head. Before Spider-Man and Batman battle at the box office, we thought we would pit them against each other in the ultimate superhero showdown - Fanboy Faceoff! The ultimate winner will be determined by you, our experts. So let's get started!
Batman made its film debut in 1989 and became an instant hit and has been credited as launching the comic book movie phenomenon. But after two more successful films, the franchise hit a bump in 1997 with the critically panned and box office flop Batman & Robin. That film nearly destroyed Batman on the big screen, but he soon came back better than ever when director Christopher Nolan inherited the franchise with the release of Batman Begins in 2005. Despite the film's amazing success, it was nothing compared to the release of 2008's The Dark Knight which went on to gross over one billion dollars worldwide. The six film combined have garnered a staggering $2.6 billion worldwide making it not only one of the most successful superhero franchises of all time, but one of the most successful movie franchises period.
Spawned by the success of Batman, Spider-Man swung onto movie screens in 2002 and went on to make $807 million worldwide. Two more equally successful films followed with 2007's Spider-Man 3 becoming one of the biggest films of all time taking in $885 million. The franchise has brought in $2.5 billion worldwide, a little less than Batman, but that's with only three movies to Batman's six.
It's not all about box office prowess though. It takes serious skills to be victorious and these two are definitely some of the toughest competition out there. Thanks to the bite of an irradiated spider, Spider-Man has been gifted with superhuman strength, speed, agility and the ability to cling to almost any surface. His genius level intellect also allowed him to develop web-shooters that not only give him offensive and defensive weapons against his enemies, but also gives him the ability to traverse through New York City quickly using the skyscrapers as his own personal jungle gym. On top of that, he is also able to be alerted to danger using a sixth sense know as Spider-sense.
Batman, on the other hand, possesses no superpowers what so ever. For most, this would be a huge disadvantage, but his high intelligence and genius level detective skills easily make up for his lack of powers. He is highly trained in multiple martial arts disciplines and his Batsuit gives him unparalleled protection from bullets and the like and also gives him the power of flight via his cape, though it's more gliding than flying. His mobility may lack that of Spider-Man's, but his status as a billionaire allows him the ability to have lots of toys, including the Batmobile, Batpod and his newest toy to be featured in The Dark Knight Rises, The Bat.
Though both heroes choose to do most of their crime fighting in large metropolises, unlike Spider-Man, Batman would function just as well in a small town as he does in the mean streets of Gotham City. Spider-Man may have the super powers, but he tends to be more of an urban dwelling superhero, relying heavily on the skyscrapers of New York City for his mobility and would probably not do quite as well outside the city.
We will soon find out which of these super heroes will be victorious at the box office, but who will take home the Fanboy Faceoff crown is in your hands. Do you think Batman's intellect, detective skills and gadgetry would be enough to overcome Spider-Man's enhanced reflexes and web-shooting powers? Let us know in the comments below of tweet us @ClevverMovies using the hashtag #CMFF. This battle between Marvel and DC's top characters is sure to be a heated battle and can't wait to reveal the results next week! Until next time, I'm Tatiana Carrier, thanks for watching!
Standard YouTube License
- 4:38 Spider-Man, Iron Man and the Hulk (Full and HQ)by NakedWelshmanFeatured 5,326,717
- 5:28 Batman vs Iron Man: Fanboy Faceoffby Clevver Movies 516,424 views
- 3:36 Spider-Man vs. Batman: Fanboy Faceoff Results!by Clevver Movies 180,002 views
- 1:58 Tobey Maguire Interviews Andrew Garfield About 'The Amazing Spider-Man'by Clevver Movies 1,090,790 views
- 2:47 Superman vs. Thor: Fanboy Faceoff Results!by Clevver Movies 135,966 views
- 1:35 Venom Movie To Feature Flash Thompson Instead Of Eddie Brock?by Clevver Movies 150,775 views
- 26:31 The Amazing Spider-Man - Uniformes Extras!by DMG GAMES 923,683 views
- 6:10 Wolverine vs. Thor: Fanboy Faceoff 2013 Superhero Showdown Round 1!by Clevver Movies 164,427 views
- 3:03 Hulk vs. Thing: Fanboy Faceoffby Clevver Movies 2,382,781 views
- 10:25 MK vs DC. DC side. Chapter 1: Flashby CreativeHot 2,020,229 views
- 2:35 Superman vs. Thor: Fanboy Faceoff!by Clevver Movies 280,199 views
- 5:27 Top 10 Spider-Man Triviaby WatchMojo 114,335 views
- 20:00 Ultraman Cosmos The Final Battle 2by M78 220,051 views
- 5:16 'Iron Man 3' Trailer Breakdownby Clevver Movies 411,243 views
- 7:55 Li'l Batman Meets Li'l Spider-Man: Part 2 of 3 (Episode #12)by kdtenthirteen 3,826,653 views
- 4:03 The Amazing Spiderman - 4 Minute Preview (2012) [HD] Andrew Garfield, Emma Stoneby FilmTrailerZone 1,823,726 views
- 3:16 Avengers vs. X-Men: Fanboy Faceoffby Clevver Movies 179,795 views
- 10:10 BATMOBILES RACING - Super Power Beat Down (Episode 1)by batinthesun 1,286,083 views
- 12:08 WWE '12: Battle Of The Super Herosby EpiCKGaming 651,682 views
- 17 videos Play all Wolverine Vs Spiderman Vs Hulk Vs Batman Vs Robin Vs Jokerby Oleg98mysterio
- 4:02 The Amazing Spider-Man - "Free Roam Gameplay" Developer Diary (2012) | HDby Official XboxViewTV for Xbox 360 / Next Xbox [EN / DE] 750,689 views
- Loading more suggestions...