"Shew Me A Token For Good" Psalm 86:17
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 10, 2011
"SHEW ME A TOKEN FOR GOOD" An Hymn Adaptation of Psalm 86 by hymn writer, Kathleen Shea Vick. The music is arranged for singers, harp, flute and reed organ - all instruments that were well known in King David's day. But I set out to do much more than try to replicate the sound of an Old Testament psalm. Oh no! I wanted to illustrate with clarity that David the King was speaking to his LORD and Saviour, The King of the Israel of God, Jesus Christ.
Remember, every word of Holy Scripture was written by the Hand of God. That means, it was written by the LORD Jesus Christ - Who was and is and will be - Who never ceased to be Eternal God.
Consider carefully verse 16: "...give Thy strength unto Thy servant, and save the son of Thine handmaid." We know from Luke 1:48, that Christ is the Son of the "handmaiden" (as Mary, by divine inspiration, refers to herself). And we know that Christ was delivered up from the depths of hell after He had suffered death for all those who would believe, all those named before the foundation of the earth in the everlasting covenant of the Godhead.
And what is the "token", the sign, of that Covenant promise? Read Genesis 9:13 to find out! And be sure to read Psalm 86 in its entirety for yourself, too. ALL Scripture speaks of our blessed Saviour. Praise His Name!
And by the way, the word, "shew", is not misspelled. That's how it appears in the King James Version of the Old Testament. Yes, it is the word, "show", so you sing it like this, "show me a token for good".
Download the free music notation: FOR SINGERS AND HARP (or harp key on a digital piano) http://media.sermonaudio.com/articles...
FOR FLUTE http://media.sermonaudio.com/articles...
FOR BASSOON (or reed harp key on a digital piano) http://media.sermonaudio.com/articles...
To hear the preaching of God's Word on this subject, please follow this link to Pastor Don Fortner of Grace Baptist Church, Danville, KY, with a message entitled, "WHO ARE THE HEBREWS?" Exodus 3:15-18: http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo...
And Don Fortner on God's enduring mercy and grace to His people in all their trouble and distress: "A Dying Man's Psalm" on Psalm 57 http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo...
Standard YouTube License
- 16:10 Vedel - O God, the proud are risen against meby VitaliyGR Featured 8,058
- 1:34:09 Los secretos enterrados de la Biblia - Documental completo en español.by Sol Lewit129,878 views
- 1:51:40 The Bible's Buried Secretsby Eleonora Mazzanti355,975 views
- 1:16:36 G. P. da Palestrina - Motet for 5 voicesby ktdmbarocche42,399 views
- 2:16:24 Haendel Messiah Christopher Hogwood Academy of Ancient Musicby HaydnHouse04Mar188721,996 views
- 1:00:35 Spirit-Filled Living (Ephesians 5:18-21) John MacArthurby Grace to You20,250 views
- 1:34:44 The Book of Revelations Full Movie- The Revelation of Jesus Christ,by Shyju Joseph1,041,558 views
- 44:58 Forbidden Knowledge ; Lost Secrets of the Bible (Documentary)by EsotericHaven586,595 views
- 2:11:40 The Story of Ruthby Anon Mission354,672 views
- 38:01 SALMOS CANTADOS EN HEBREO TRADUCCIÓN ESPAÑOLby moshe shalom461,771 views
- 30:44 Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (±1525-1594) Missa O Sacrum Conviviumby markfromireland15,610 views
- 4:18:27 The Visual Bible - The Gospel Of Matthewby teron491,009,698 views
- 4:54 'Kyrie': Missa Papae Marcelli * Palestrina / Tallis Scholars 1980by mariandelochs128,587 views
- 10:31 I Want To Be With You - Psalm 84by scottm22221,647 views
- 9:08 Psalm 150 - Misty Edwardsby stephen porter101,337 views
- 1:40 Mes Psaumes Préférés - Psaume 91.wmvby Rienquelaparole22,255 views
- 4:52:23 The Book Of Psalmsby Constellation62178,419 views
- 4:00 "LORD, Bring Revival!" Psalm 51:12by sacredmusic1012,282 views
- 6:51 Psalm 83 scenario warning from Frank DiMoraby proofofLastdays895 views
- 4:32 John Newton's "As Parched In The Barren Sands" Jeremiah 17:5-8by sacredmusic1012,554 views
- Loading more suggestions...