Alex Jones Show_Joseph E. Stiglitz:A 3 Trillion $ Problem p1
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 25, 2008
Joseph E. Stiglitz, former Senior Vice President, Chief Economist of the World Bank, and Nobel recipient
Joseph E. Stiglitz was born in Gary, Indiana in 1943. A graduate of Amherst College, he received his PHD from MIT in 1967, became a full professor at Yale in 1970, and in 1979 was awarded the John Bates Clark Award, given biennially by the American Economic Association to the economist under 40 who has made the most significant contribution to the field. He has taught at Princeton, Stanford, MIT and was the Drummond Professor and a fellow of All Souls College, Oxford. He is now University Professor at Columbia University in New York and Chair of Columbia University's Committee on Global Thought. He is also the co-founder and Executive Director of the Initiative for Policy Dialogue at Columbia. In 2001, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in economics for his analyses of markets with asymmetric information.
Stiglitz was a member of the Council of Economic Advisers from 1993-95, during the Clinton administration, and served as CEA chairman from 1995-97. He then became Chief Economist and Senior Vice-President of the World Bank from 1997-2000.
Stiglitz holds a part-time appointment at the University of Manchester as Chair of the Management Board and Director of Graduate Summer Programs at the Brooks World Poverty Institute.
Stiglitz helped create a new branch of economics, "The Economics of Information," exploring the consequences of information asymmetries and pioneering such pivotal concepts as adverse selection and moral hazard, which have now become standard tools not only of theorists, but of policy analysts. He has made major contributions to macro-economics and monetary theory, to development economics and trade theory, to public and corporate finance, to the theories of industrial organization and rural organization, and to the theories of welfare economics and of income and wealth distribution. In the 1980s, he helped revive interest in the economics of R&D.
His work has helped explain the circumstances in which markets do not work well, and how selective government intervention can improve their performance.
Recognized around the world as a leading economic educator, he has written textbooks that have been translated into more than a dozen languages. He founded one of the leading economics journals, The Journal of Economic Perspectives. His book Globalization and Its Discontents (W.W. Norton June 2001) has been translated into 35 languages and has sold more than one million copies worldwide. Other recent books include The Roaring Nineties (W.W. Norton), Towards a New Paradigm in Monetary Economics (Cambridge University Press) with Bruce Greenwald, Fair Trade for All (Oxford University Press), with Andrew Charlton, and Making Globalization Work, (WW Norton and Penguin/ Allen Lane, September 2006). His most recent book, The Three Trillion Dollar War: The True Cost of the Iraq Conflict, with Linda Bilmes of Harvard University, was published in March 2008 by WW Norton and Penguin/ Allen Lane.
Standard YouTube License
- 42:27 Authors@Google: Joseph Stiglitzby Talks at Google 86,094 views
- 6:17 Alex Jones Show_Joseph E. Stiglitz:A 3 Trillion $ Problem p3by TheAlexJonesChannel 3,218 views
- 1:53:40 The Obama Deception HQ Full length versionby ChangeDaChannel 12,915,892 views
- 1:53:26 Joseph Stiglitz on Macroeconomics in Crisisby CergeEiPrague's channel 19,128 views
- 1:28:56 Joseph Stiglitz: The Price of Inequality | The New Schoolby thenewschoolnyc 7,463 views
- 1:02:34 Authors@Google: Joseph Stiglitzby AtGoogleTalks 13,997 views
- 1:15:24 Joseph Stiglitz - The Price of Inequality, June 14, 2012.by pdxjustice 17,989 views
- 6:49 Joe Stiglitz: "Gun at our Heads"by madashelldude 2,672 views
- 1:29:56 Schelling, Strategy, Industrial Organizationby UCBerkeleyEvents 4,910 views
- 14:38 Joseph Stiglitz on "Of the 1%, by the 1%, for the 1%" (Vanity Fair) & Analysis of GOP Budget. 1 of 2by mediagrrl9 38,797 views
- 3:30:15 The Alex Jones Show - Thursday, May 16, 2013 (Full Show): Joseph Curl, Larry Pinkney, Kevin Boothby TheLibertydefined 10,847 views
- 47:09 Rediscovering Government: Keynote Address by Joseph Stiglitz | The New School for Social Researchby THE NEW SCHOOL 1,715 views
- 1:45:20 A Conversation on the Economy with Joe Stiglitz and Paul Krugmanby INETeconomics 41,208 views
- 51:03 13 de AGO. Disertación de Joseph Stiglitz sobre crisis, endeudamiento y alternativas de solución.by casarosada 12,989 views
- 2:01:23 Economics Talk by Joseph Stiglitz '64 and Robert Johnsonby Amherst College 1,448 views
- 2:35 Joseph Stiglitz: Smith's "Invisible Hand" a Myth?by ForaTv 34,070 views
- 9:02 Joseph Stiglitz World Bank Speechby rhawk301 22,413 views
- 6:49 Joe Stiglitz: What Caused the Meltdownby videonation 5,543 views
- 17:56 Joseph Stiglitz: "The Price of Inequality: How Today's Divided Society Endangers our Future"by democracynow 27,559 views
- 6:33 Joseph Stiglitz talks Occupy Wall Streetby PresidentObama3 8,065 views
- Loading more suggestions...