Korean fried chicken recipe
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 27, 2011
Music: "Jindo Arirang" played by Chae Okseon (gayageum musical instrument)
Ingredients (for 3-4 servings):
3 pounds (about 1.5 kg) of chicken chunks, salt, ground black pepper, potato starch powder, flour,sweet rice flour, egg, baking soda, canola oil (or vegetable oil), garlic, ketchup, hot pepper paste,rice syrup, vinegar.
See my site for pictures and descriptions of ingredients: http://www.maangchi.com/ingredients
1. Rinse chunks of chicken in cold water. Drain.
*tip: You could use chicken wings, too. About 24 wings will be 3 pounds.
2. Add 1 tbs ground black pepper and 1 ts kosher salt.
3. Add ½ cup potato starch powder, ¼ cup all-purpose flour, ¼ cup sweet rice flour, 1 ts baking soda, and 1 egg.
4. Mix well by hand and completely coat the chicken.
5. Put 6-7 cups of canola oil in a wok or frying pan and heat it up.
6. After it's heated for about 7-8 minutes, test if the oil is ready by dipping a sample chunk of chicken into the oil. If the oil bubbles, it's the right temperature to start frying.
Fry them using the double-frying method:
1. Fry the chicken chunks for 10 minutes over high heat.
2. Take them out of the oil and shake them off in a strainer. Let them sit for a few minutes.
3. Fry them again for another 10 minutes until all pieces look golden brown and are crunchy outside.
*tip: If your skillet is not large enough to fry all the chicken at once, divide it into batches like I do in the video.
While you are frying, you can make the sauce:
1. Put 1 tbs canola oil and 4 cloves of minced garlic into a heated pan,
2. Add 1/3 cup tomato ketchup, 1/3 cup rice syrup, ¼ cup hot pepper paste, 1 tbs apple vinegar and simmer the mixture for about about 7 minutes. Keep your heat low and be sure not to burn the sauce.
3. Turn off the heat and wait until the chicken is done.
Chicken is done? Then coat your chicken with the sauce:
1. Reheat the sauce.
2. Put the freshly fried chicken into the sauce and gently mix it up with a wooden spoon.
3. Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds over top and serve hot or warm.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:12 Korean beef barbecue ("LA Galbi")by MaangchiFeatured 353,566
- 10:52 Kimchiby Maangchi 993,876 views
- 9:50 Making japchae (Korean stir fried noodles and vegetables)by Maangchi 428,219 views
- 6:41 Candied sweet potatoes (Matang)by Maangchi 99,031 views
- 6:00 Coreano por Gusto "Cómo hacer kimchi"by coreanoporgusto 69,666 views
- 2:55 Resep Tom Yam Kungby IndonesianFoods 211,721 views
- 5:16 How to Make Egg Drop Soupby AsianCookingmadeEasy 394,409 views
- 0:49 how to make a ham egg and cheese sandwichby keithstonelight 245,799 views
- 5:52 How to make Noodles with black bean paste[Jajangmyeon]by Chloe Lim 55,780 views
- 3:55 No Bake Nutella Cheesecake - RECIPEby OnePotChefShow 97,764 views
- 9:44 How to Make Melonpan メロンパンの作り方by Cooking with Dog 1,250,409 views
- 6:34 A work day at KFCby ctejeda92 207,458 views
- 8:59 How to make a CHOCOLATE BOWL using a balloon How To Cook That by Ann Reardonby howtocookthat 885,576 views
- 59 videos Play all Cookingby HO1ySh33t
- 2:35 Steamed Chocolate Bread / Cooking Chinese Food 巧克力馒头by EasyChineseFood 304,506 views
- 8:06 Jakarta Street Food 222 Egypt Omelet (Martabak Mesir) Martabak Kubang UNINA.by matkiding 168,965 views
- 4:40 " SEEKH KEBAB " Bajias Cookingby Bajiascooking 106,647 views
- 6:18 Korean spicy stir-fried porkby Maangchi 326,209 views
- 0:11 Speed Takoyaki in Osakaby garyman808 103,751 views
- 5:45 Wok with Yan - Beef & Broccoli - Stephen Yanby Garr1984 103,512 views
- 4:18 Korean Food: Sempio's Braised Chicken (샘표 안동 찜닭)by aeriskitchen 19,046 views
- Loading more suggestions...