Tell Kraft To Stop Using Dangerous Food Dyes in Our Mac & Cheese
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 5, 2013
SIGN THIS PETITION NOW: http://change.org/kraftyellow Hi - This is Lisa Leake from http://100daysofrealfood.com and Vani Hari from http://foodbabe.com
We recently discovered that several American food products contain harmful additives that are not used -- and in some cases banned -- in other countries. One of those products is an iconic staple that almost every American, us included, has had at one time or another: Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in the US contains the artificial food dyes Yellow 5 and Yellow 6. These dyes are not in Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in other countries, including the UK, because they are considered harmful overseas and were removed due to consumer outcry. It's time we demand the same here in the US!
We are petitioning Kraft to remove all artificial food dyes from their line of macaroni and cheese products.
Kraft, which is an American company by the way, has already removed this unnecessary - yet potentially harmful - additive from their products overseas but still serves it up to their fellow Americans. Here are the reasons we are asking Kraft to remove Yellow 5 and Yellow 6 from their entire line of Macaroni and Cheese:
Artificial food dyes...
- Are man-made in a lab with chemicals derived from petroleum (a crude oil product, which also happens to be used in gasoline, diesel fuel, asphalt, and tar).
- Require a warning label in other countries outside the US.
- Have been banned in countries like Norway and Austria (and are being phased out in the UK).
- Yellow 5 and Yellow 6 specifically are contaminated with known carcinogens (a.k.a. an agent directly involved in causing cancer).
- Cause an increase in hyperactivity in children.
- Have a negative impact on children's ability to learn.
- Have been linked to long-term health problems such as asthma, skin rashes, and migraines.
- Add absolutely no value to the foods we are eating and are used solely for aesthetic purposes.
- To prove this last point we personally tested both the US and UK versions of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and found little difference in color and virtually no difference in taste (see for yourself in the video below).
1. Go to our petition page and sign your name - http://change.org/kraftyellow
2. Share our petition with your family and friends
We both grew up eating this product - Lisa used to feed it to her kids years ago - and it's available at almost every grocery store across the country. Our kids deserve the same as our friends overseas!
Kraft Foods is the largest food company headquartered in the United States. If Kraft changes their Macaroni and Cheese, we know this could inspire other food companies across the US to finally eliminate dangerous artificial food dyes once and for all.
Join us and demand this change by signing this petition now.
Thank you for all your support - together we can make a difference.
Standard YouTube License
- 16:27 Poison Foods - FDA asleep at the wheel - HFCS, Sodium Benzoate, Yellow #5, Aluminum!?by DanielVincentKelleyFeatured 1,731
- 14:06 Make YEARS worth of laundry detergent for about FIVE BUCKS!by Completely Nourished 63,621 views
- 7:14 Quick & Easy Mac & Cheese - Only Four Ingredientsby jennyjonesvideos 6,310 views
- 6:20 Patti LaBelle: Mac and Cheese from In the Kitchen with Miss Pattiby PattiLaBelleFoods 270,030 views
- 1:03:47 Essential Soap: How To Make homemade Laundry Detergent from Scratch, Making Lye Soapby Essential Soap by Kimberly McNutt 16,496 views
- Macaroni and cheese 7,658 videos61
- 2:00 The Duggar's Laundry Soap Recipe & How-Toby CandidMommy 9,350 views
- 9:26 Becky's Homemade Laundry Soap Recipeby Becky's Homestead 36,869 views
- 13:20 How to Make Homemade Laundry Soapby SundewAcres 42,583 views
- 2:36 Kraft Mac and Cheese: Mommy Bloggers Want Recipe Change, Yellow Food Dye Removedby ABCNews 3,130 views
- 6:10 DIP DYING HAIR WITH FOOD COLOURINGby BrookeeyDoodlee 67,120 views
- 3:54 Your Kids Are Eating Petroleum!!!by abott17 1,005 views
- 8:00 Maximum Mac & Cheese - Epic Meal Timeby EPIC MEAL TIME 8,683,959 views
- 3:07 Pam Grier Talks About Dangerous Relationship With Richard Pryor-HipHollywood.comby HipHollywood.Com 30,916 views
- 1:39 Oscar for the funniest speech goes to...by The Telegraph 5,996,382 views
- 3:59 The Boxed Mac 'n' Cheese Showdownby supertasterdaily 10,153 views
- 6:27 Kraft Acknowledged Petition But Didn't Address Concerns of Over a Quarter Million Peopleby TheFoodbabe 7,461 views
- 10:18 How To Dip-Dye Your Hair With Food Coloringby TeenageStyleTips 33,378 views
- 1:17 How to Order Real Food at Subway - Food Babeby FoodBabe.com 79,228 views
- 5:50 Macaroni and Cheese made from scratchby DrThunder88 8,297 views
- 1:33 Nutritional Nightmares : Terrible Tartrazineby Julie Daniluk 2,526 views
- Loading more suggestions...