Autistic girl with DiGeorge Syndrome memorized Coppelia Ballet!!!!!!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 19, 2012
It takes more than a village to raise a special needs child. For more information on Clara Bergs and opportunities to provide support, see:
Or donate directly to:
We knew Clara loved the Coppelia ballet, but little did we know she memorized the whole thing! She performed this solely from memory!
This is just a small snippet of her dancing to it. We would see her doing some ballet moves around the house thinking it was ballet moves she learnt in ballet class, till one day someone decided to whip out a computer and compare her moves to that of the Coppelia ballerina, and, VOILA, we realized she memorized it, and can dance it!
Clara has been diagnosed with DiGeorge Syndrome and Autism. She spent her first 16 months in hospital, has gone through multiple surgeries since she was two weeks due to the complications with her syndrome. Before she was two, we noticed that she had difficulty connecting with people, was in a world of her own, and two years later she was also diagnosed with autism. Clara also had a lot of physical complications, and could not walk till she was four. She never spoke until she was six.
Doctors told us when she was born to forget about her - we could just have another baby...but we couldn't give up. Never underestimate your child's potential!
Clara thrived in the Intensive Multi Treatment Intervention program (see http://www.jalderson.com), based in Toronto, and has blossomed into a lively dancing queen who always loves an audience!!!
Join Clara's facebook group at:
Read about Clara in the book, "Challenging the Myths of Autism" (pg 199) by Jonathan Alderson, http://www.JAlderson.com and you can get a copy at http://promo.challengethemyths.com/
Sincere thanks to the Australian Ballet Company who have allowed us to use this segment in Clara's video, specifically:
THE AUSTRALIAN BALLET
Lisa Pavane - Swanilda
Colin Peasley - Dr Coppelius
Production devised and directed by George Ogilvie
Original Choreography Arthur Saint-Léon
Revised by Marius Petipa and Enrico Cecchetti
Additional Choreography Peggy van Praagh
Music Léo Delibes
Costume and set design Kristian Fredrikson
Lighting William Akers
Conductor Noel Smith
Orchestra the Australian Opera and Ballet Orchestra
Standard YouTube License
- 4:22 Autistic mute discovers he can singby jonmillsswnsFeatured 202,108
- 8:11 WWYD? - Child With Autism Insulted By Customer!by mrduckbears20 919,252 views
- 14:21 BBC - My Autism and Meby tordajav 440,194 views
- 9:54 Autistic Girl Expresses Unimaginable Intelligence - YouTube2.flvby 9998DEEDEE 18,598 views
- 3:32 Clara's School Introduction Video!!!by Clara Bergs 13,741 views
- 1:54 The first American woman accepted into the prestigious Bolshoi Ballet is making a rarby trans2021eee 2,705 views
- 1:36 Clara's Speech Therapyby Clara Bergs 9,541 views
- 1:55:42 Tchaikovsky: Swan Lake - The Kirov Balletby classicalmusictv 2,401,497 views
- 8:30 10-Year-Old Blind Autistic Boy Sings Open the Eyes of my Heartby yourlivingmanna 64,889 views
- 6:42 "Playing with Toys" Real Look Autism Episode 5by reallookautism 131,511 views
- 7:04 Ultimate Warrior On Regis And Kathy Leeby Bryan Sheary 603,100 views
- 2:37 DiGeorge syndromeby MedicalAdvices2013 1,626 views
- 22:48 Mother of Autistic Children: Say No to GMO - HDby AlexJonesInfoHD 4,870 views
- 9:52 Non-verbal girl with Autism speaks through her computer 20/20 ABC Newsby SPDNow 39,064 views
- 12:03 Kathie Lee Gifford Makes Autistic Kid Cry on TVby TheEthanUllman 830,036 views
- 2:19 Carly's Café - Experience Autism Through Carly's Eyesby Carly Fleischmann 272,982 views
- 6:41 James Hobley - Final - Britain's Got Talent 2011by James Hobley 2,093 views
- 1:49 High Functioning Autistic Girl lines up her toysby Jennifer Doane 5,676 views
- 3:09 The face of autismby andwhatsnext 994,729 views
- 1:03 Clara Bergs performing with Shannon Butcherby Clara Bergs 6,441 views
- Loading more suggestions...