Super Mario Living Room Proposal
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 11, 2010
My girlfriend, April, is a huge Super Mario fan, so when it came time to propose . . .
Wow! 1 million views! Thanks so much to everyone who watched our video! This moment was such a special one for us and we're so glad to be able to share it with so many people!
Q: How did you do the fireworks?
A: There was a projector set up in the hallway to the left, projecting the firework graphics from the game onto the wall. =)
Q: Did April and R.W. dress up as Mario and Peach for the wedding?
A: LOL--no. We are big fans of the game, but that's a little too extreme--even for us. (plus R.W. is a hardcore Luigi fan, and April's character of choice is Bowser Jr...that'd be one strange wedding!;) We did incorporate a few Mario Kart themed things into our reception, for fun--you can see a few pictures of that in our wedding slideshow, which is also on the SilvasRW channel. =)
Q: Doesn't Mario hit bricks with his fist?
A: No--not in Super Mario World. When he jumps in the air (not hitting a block) he puts his hand up by his head (looks like maybe he's holding his hat on?) but when hitting blocks, his hands are down.
Q: Are you sure April is really a fan of the game? She didn't even know how to hit the block!
A: Yes--she's crazy for the game and has been playing it for nineteen years now. She wasn't sure how this very special block worked, and wanted to be sure she didn't make any assumptions before she went for it. =)
Q: Are the walls painted like that??
A: No, the walls are actually covered in hundreds of 8 1/2" x 11" sheets of printer paper that were printed out and each taped to the walls by R.W.--he stayed up for two days straight getting everything ready!
We are coming up on our second anniversary on October 17th 2012, we're enjoying married life and getting lots of "parenting" practice with our puppy Milo. You can see videos of him on April's channel at youtube.com/RoosRil. :)
You can also find R.W. on Twitter (@SilvasRW)!
Thanks again all for the kind words and many many views! We're super appreciative! God bless!
April & R.W.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:39 Meanest Marriage Proposal Ever!by Nikki & John Pranksters in LoveFeatured 3,658,368
- 23:40 Super Mario Brothers - Frustrationby TheStraight911Truth 27,400,693 views
- 9:01 25 Awesome Wedding Proposalsby list25 2,692,454 views
- 1:17 Surprise Proposal for Southern Idaho News Anchorby rachaelgiffoni 872,527 views
- 3:11 I proposed by building a video game!by TheLadidida 196,362 views
- 5 videos Play all Most Viewed YouTube Wedding Proposal Videos of 2011by YouTube
- 0:18 Mario Kart Wii - Proposal Videoby Çκ Çlan κillers 1,709 views
- 14:05 Surprise Marriage Proposal In Spain! (10.04.09 - Day 157)by CTFxC 3,551,919 views
- 4:41 Cutest Marriage Proposal You'll Ever Seeby Datevitation.com. Date Ideas and Romantic Tips 1,211,922 views
- 2:00 Best Wedding Proposal EVER!!by bizshortz 784,635 views
- 5:19 A Man's Romantic Proposal to His Girlfriend on a Dock in Oregonby ringonthefinger 721,928 views
- 1:26 Greatest Proposal Reaction at the Chargers Gameby seau055 1,872,868 views
- 4:49 An Incredible Surprise Proposalby TheEllenShow 2,247,034 views
- 9:30 Best marriage proposal ever!by rbretonnn 2,039,205 views
- 2:47 A Surprise Staff Proposalby The Ellen DeGeneres Show 1,882,173 views
- 8:33 The Most Romantic Proposal Ever - Most Romantic Wedding Proposal - Very Cute and creative ideaby entwine14 1,414,393 views
- 14:28 World's Most Beautiful Marriage Proposalby Ali Guler 8,686,451 views
- 0:40 My proposal to tabs.by Zachary Muhn 1,620,554 views
- 6:58 I proposed by hacking Chrono Triggerby TheRealPfhreak 1,052,296 views
- 4:52 Best marriage proposal ever! Meme proposal (Congrats to Tim and Audrey!)by FunniestCute 655,319 views
- 2:57 Angie Harmon Marriage Proposalby glassballerina 368,173 views
- Loading more suggestions...