This video is unavailable.
Picasso in The Metropolitan Museum of Art: A Behind-the-scenes Tour with the Director
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 5, 2010
Learn more about the exhibition Picasso in The Metropolitan Museum of Art on view at the Met April 27, 2010 - August 1, 2010: http://tinyurl.com/MetPicasso
This landmark exhibition is the first to focus exclusively on works by Pablo Picasso (Spanish, 1881 - 1973) in the Museum's collection. It features three hundred works, including the Museum's complete holdings of paintings, drawings, sculptures, and ceramics by Picasso—never before seen in their entirety—as well as a selection of the artist's prints. The Museum's collection reflects the full breadth of the artist's multi-sided genius as it asserted itself over the course of his long and influential career.
Notable for its remarkable constellation of early figure paintings, which include the commanding At the Lapin Agile (1905) and the iconic portrait of Gertrude Stein (1906), the Museum's collection also stands apart for its exceptional cache of drawings, which remain relatively little known, despite their importance and number. The key subjects that variously sustained Picasso's interest—the pensive harlequins of his Blue and Rose periods, the faceted figures and tabletop still lifes of his cubist years, the monumental heads and classicizing bathers of the 1920s, the raging bulls and dreaming nudes of the 1930s, and the rakish cavaliers and musketeers of his final years—are amply represented by works ranging in date from a dashing self-portrait of 1900 (Self-Portrait "Yo") to the fanciful Standing Nude and Seated Musketeer painted nearly seventy years later.
The exhibition and the catalogue are made possible by the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Foundation.
Producer and Director: Christopher Noey
Camera: Wayne de la Roche, Jessica Glass
Editor: Kate Farrell
Sound Recording: David Raymond
Production Assistant: Stephanie Wuertz
Standard YouTube License
- 1:02:33 Among Rare Men: Bronzino and Homoerotic Culture at the Medici Courtby metmuseum 4,865 views
- 1:17:25 An Encounter with Picassoby metmuseum 7,466 views
- 11:08 The Art of Illumination: The Limbourg Brothers and the Belles Heures of Jean de France, Duc de Berryby metmuseum 22,143 views
- 1:10:12 A Restored Velázquez, A Velázquez Restoredby metmuseum 26,959 views
- 58:41 The Power of Art - Rembrandt (complete episode)by kunstskole 103,922 views
- 56:43 China: West Meets East at The Metropolitan Museum of Artby GreatMuseums 14,885 views
- 56:37 In Our Time: The Museum of Modern Artby GreatMuseums 61,908 views
- 59:01 The Power of Art - Rothkoby ArtHistoryLuv 17,971 views
- 40 videos Play all Pablo Picassoby meesterschilders
- 57:42 The Power of Art - Caravaggio (complete episode)by kunstskole 76,234 views
- 54:09 The Power of Art - Bernini (complete episode)by kunstskole 121,567 views
- 59:04 The Power of Art - Picasso (complete episode)by kunstskole 81,361 views
- 59:05 The Power Of Art: 7/8 - Picasso (BBC Series)by InternationalDocs 14,112 views
- 1:18 Picasso paints a womanby New4day 28,766 views
- 4:18 PABLO PICASSO with CHOPIN NOCTURNEby cuoylyf 97,024 views
- 4:13 Top Twenty Pablo Picasso Paintingsby King110324 69,386 views
- 2:35 Picassoby DocsOnline 304,217 views
- 1:51 "Paris Was A Woman" - Gertrude Stein & Alice B. Toklasby beryozinka 38,339 views
- 14:51 Simon Schama's Rembrandt_1 of 4by davidwebb091370 246,085 views
- 50:36 A World of Art: The Metropolitan Museum of Artby GreatMuseums 129,982 views
- 2:36 Picasso HDby DocsOnline 99,679 views
- Loading more suggestions...